Gravy granules for dogs

Only found out today that there was such a thing but I can't seem to find anyone local to me that sell the product :(
I know that Pets at Home and The Range sell Wagg granules but I don't have either store near me, does anyone know if any of the big supermarkets sell them or similar product?
(I don't shop in the big 4)

Comments

• krlyr
    krlyr Posts: 5,993 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can't imagine the ingredients would be very good quality. Any particular reason you wanted to use it? Personally, if I had to add anything, I'd make a nice healthy salt-free stock - throw your old roast bones etc. in the freezer and once you have a collection, throw in a pan and simmer for an hour or two, add some veg for flavour if you want. Bin the bones (cooked bones aren't safe to feed) and freeze the excess stock in ice cube trays to defrost and feed at a later date.
  • krlyr wrote: »
    Can't imagine the ingredients would be very good quality. Any particular reason you wanted to use it? Personally, if I had to add anything, I'd make a nice healthy salt-free stock - throw your old roast bones etc. in the freezer and once you have a collection, throw in a pan and simmer for an hour or two, add some veg for flavour if you want. Bin the bones (cooked bones aren't safe to feed) and freeze the excess stock in ice cube trays to defrost and feed at a later date.

Just to give a change from his all dry food diet.

What old roast bones?
  • halfone
    halfone Posts: 114 Forumite
    edited 12 December 2017 at 4:50PM
    Jollyes stock it:

if you want to know the ingredients click on 'nutrition'

Occasionally I add some plain warm water to my dog's dry food; if you give it a swish around it creates a 'gravy' smell. He seems to like that.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Just to give a change from his all dry food diet.

What old roast bones?

Chicken carcass from a roast chicken. Bone form lamb leg, chops or pork chops.

or buy some chicken wings and boil up , then take off amy meat before discarding the bones left.

That way you know exactly what your dog is getting with no additives, colouring or salt.
  • halfone wrote: »
    Jollyes stock it:

if you want to know the ingredients click on 'nutrition'

Occasionally I add some plain warm water to my dog's dry food; if you give it a swish around it creates a 'gravy' smell. He seems to like that.

I do that with water most days but I had heard about the gravy granules and wanted to try them.
  • sheramber wrote: »
    Chicken carcass from a roast chicken. Bone form lamb leg, chops or pork chops.

or buy some chicken wings and boil up , then take off amy meat before discarding the bones left.

That way you know exactly what your dog is getting with no additives, colouring or salt.

I think you missed the sarcasm.
    I don't do food with bones in, roasts or chops, I just don't find it useful when cooking for one.
  • krlyr
    I think you missed the sarcasm.
    I don't do food with bones in, roasts or chops, I just don't find it useful when cooking for one.

Probably because the sarcasm wasn't very obvious - how would any of us know you don't 'do' bones? sheramber's post also contained a suggestion if you don't have old bones - chicken wings, or any other bone-in portion, will work fine too.

It may be a little more faff, but it will work out cheaper and be much better ingredients than "Cereals, Meat and Animal Derivatives (5% chicken in brown chunk), Oils and Fats, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Vegetables (4% peas in pea kibble), Minerals, Yeasts (0.08%), Citrus Extract (0.04%) & Yucca Extract (0.01%)"
  • krlyr wrote: »
    Probably because the sarcasm wasn't very obvious - how would any of us know you don't 'do' bones? sheramber's post also contained a suggestion if you don't have old bones - chicken wings, or any other bone-in portion, will work fine too.

It may be a little more faff, but it will work out cheaper and be much better ingredients than "Cereals, Meat and Animal Derivatives (5% chicken in brown chunk), Oils and Fats, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Vegetables (4% peas in pea kibble), Minerals, Yeasts (0.08%), Citrus Extract (0.04%) & Yucca Extract (0.01%)"

So far on this thread there has only been 1 person that has given an answer to my original question, others have seen it as a chance to preach.
  • krlyr
    If you think trying to help your pocket and your dog is 'preaching' then I'm out of here (got sermons to do and all)
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    So far on this thread there has only been 1 person that has given an answer to my original question, others have seen it as a chance to preach.

This is a money saving site
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport