Red blotches on skin after petting chocolate lab.

I have two labs that live together. A chocolate one and a golden one.
Both healthy, beautiful coats, immunised, exercised and have that advantage treatment once a month.

Tonight I was giving the golden one some hugs and all fine. When I moved onto the chocolate one I immediately felt itching and burning on my arm and now my left arm has red blotches and I’ve put some germolene to sloth the blotches.

Looking at the chocolate lab he looks healthy and he doesn’t itch or shake or anything. You wouldn’t think there is a flea on his body. His ears are fine.

Could this be a skin reaction I’m having to his fur and not necessarily mites on him jumping onto me? But then I’ve literally been rolling around with him in the summer in the garden with my swimming trunks on and I’ve never had a reaction.

Just seems a bit weird.

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Has he rolled or brushed up against something that has stuck to his coat? I'm hinking something like nettles? or something prickly? or a plant with a milky sap like a Euphorbia?

Mites are unlikely to jump on you. Fleas yes, but you would have tell tale marks- rather like spots (I think- long time since I've had flea bites)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure