* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    I have not taken part in the craft challenges lately but thought a nice theme for this month could be..

Flowers
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Crazy-cat lady- the under stairs pantry is where I chuck all my 'crud', its getting to the point now where I know I have to do something about it soon before Im unable to shut the door! Maybe tomorrow.....

Mrs I- I love the sunlight but I have two very large mirrors across the fireplaces which are supposed to gleam and glisten in the sun- instead they look dull and full of static dust and put me to shame-when it gets too much I shut the curtains so I cant see it lol! Admittedly the sunlight is diffused but at least I cant see the dust!

Peppa I do that too- I always manage to chuck out the very things I need a few weeks later!

Free- hopefully DD2 will be feeling the benefit of her procedure now x

GTQ- enjoy your break!

Dom Ravioli- hope all is well with you and that you have managed to get the support you need x

Nic-when you have finished your gardening could you pop round to do mine? I have more weeds than plants at the moment and its getting to me- I feel the need to go out and tear the borders apart but every time I do it rains (that's my excuse!). I do need to get out though because the kitchen window sills are looking more like a garden centre with all the seedlings and plug plants I have growing on them, they are taking over so they need to go outside.

Vulpix- whenever I have a go at decluttering Moms I have to go at her pace (til she turns her back) as she gets very stressed about things being moved and thrown away. Its frustrating but I understand that the reason she is so attached to her 'stuff' is that she was the youngest child for a long time, and we weren't exactly comfortable when my sis and I were young, so had hand me downs most of the time. She treasures what she has , even if to the rest of us its tat. Hope you are feeling better btw x

046- getting to grips with a new job takes time x Flowers it is then for this months challenge. I have just completed a project today that I can use. I was going to use DHs valentine card for last months challenge but I tidied it away when I was cleaning for the funeral and I have a nasty feeling I binned it cus its nowhere to be found. This month I will do better!

Nothing Christmassy going on here either but I did see some Swarovski crackers advertised the other day- down from £249 (yeah right!) to £19.99. I must resist........
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Trendyjenny
    Trendyjenny Posts: 279 Forumite
    Hi, everyone, thought the posts would be further on too !

another trip to charity shop with couple of black bags full. the ex is coming to get more of his stuff so more space there. soon be able to put the Christmas decs back into loft. (feeling bit anxious he coming - not a good break up, at least not got to see him ! )

flowers seems like a good theme for craft challenge, think can come up with something.

loving hearing bout all your de cluttering, wish I could be so ruthless.

love idea that kids get more chocolate in a bar !

need to get to hb apparently they have the noisy slippers for 1.99 ( that would be most of nieces and nephews covered if can get them )
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi, everyone, thought the posts would be further on too !

another trip to charity shop with couple of black bags full. the ex is coming to get more of his stuff so more space there. soon be able to put the Christmas decs back into loft. (feeling bit anxious he coming - not a good break up, at least not got to see him ! )

flowers seems like a good theme for craft challenge, think can come up with something.

loving hearing bout all your de cluttering, wish I could be so ruthless.

love idea that kids get more chocolate in a bar !

need to get to hb apparently they have the noisy slippers for 1.99 ( that would be most of nieces and nephews covered if can get them )

They had the slippers in my Hb on Wednesday night. I was going to get some for my kids, but they never wear slippers any more.

I picked up the kids Easter eggs yesterday. I got the ones with mugs for £2 from Tesco. They love getting new mugs, so seemed a good deal. I'll need to hide them from myself now :EasterBun
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon everyone. Yet again I haven't been on in ages.

Volunteering still ongoing. I'm starting to hit my stride a bit more now though.

Got an appointment next week to have a 24hr ECG fitted. That'll be fun I'm sure. :rotfl:

I'm impressed with all you people getting stuck into cleaning, decorating and clearing out. My bedroom sorely needs work doing. There's mould growing...:eek: But the energy it takes to even do the normal clean is immense. Hopefully me and my mum can find some time to tackle it together.

I keep catching parts of that BBC painting show on a sunday night. I'm feeling really inspired to get stuck in with art. But alas I lack any talent or skill in that area whatsoever (luckily I'm a bit better at crafting :rotfl:). Found a lovely looking book about acrylics that teaches you different techniques via 50 small step by step paintings. Might order that (leftover birthday money of course :D). Maybe I'll be painting presents for Christmas this year! ;)
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Evening everyone, just a quickie i can only get on as and when, my laptop keeps crashing, its so old everyone seems to be not supporting it now. I cant afford a new one so maybe will try to use my phone and see if that works. I couldnt get on at all yesterday so i am so sorry Vulpix i kept trying to get on but my laptop just wouldnt play ball, i hope you had a lovely day and felt much better.

:bdaycake:HAPPY BIRTHDAY VULPIX :bdaycake:
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    :bdaycake: Happy birthday Vulpix :bdaycake: Hope that you had a lovely day yesterday.

:( Apologies - I'm a bit late with my wishes!
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Happy Birthday Vulpix!!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    We have had a discussion about Christmas and have agreed from now on to go for quality rather than quantity I do like to see a large pile of pressies for everyone but I'm buying stuff that they don't need
    ,as a result at the end of the week will be ordering dd the charmed t-shirt from America that she's eyeing up so at least its a start.

We have also put an end to Mothers and Fathers day cards etc there's really no need , we don't do Easter either we have a takeaway instead.
    I sound really miserable but its really quite liberating not having to deal with it all .
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    How very sensible, Chrissy, a take out is so much easier, and a real treat.
    Well, l am keeping up with the decluttering, another shredder bag full of papers, and a bag of too small/big/ugly clothes to the Cs. DGS's wardrobe tonight and the linen closet, then start on crockery etc.
    l got good news too, the china brigade are coming over for 6 weeks in summer, l cant believe it!
    DGN is fast asleep on my bed, when she wakes and has her lunch we will go in the garden and get well wet, playing ball.
    Christmas no movement, but 4 more tubs of spring bedding done this morning so nice and cheerful.(the tubs, not mrsl -she is grinning like a Cheshire cat at the thought of 6 whole weeks).
    DDs car finally gave out on Sunday, so we will spend this weekend looking for a replacement, she cannot complain, tho, the old one was 15 years old. Just another headache, looking for a good deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure