IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ and my Credit Score- All correspondence sent to address from 2013

zebrarose
zebrarose Posts: 99 Forumite
edited 17 March 2017 at 2:44AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Apologies if this has been covered. I've tried to locate relevant threads.

Last weekend I was to move into a new property, but failed the reference checks due to a CCJ. I was absolutely dumbfounded as to what it would be for and the landlord completing the check would not give any information.

I contacted the CCJ Business Centre to find out what it was relating to and discovered that it was for a parking charge from a PPC. The CCJ BC said that it was relating to an address I lived at 4 years ago. Since then I have moved twice and had always had my address up to date with the DVLA. Any correspondence should have been sent to the correct address.

The CCJBC said that the case was submitted by Gladstones. Gladstones then said that the case is out of their hands and now with DCBL (debt collectors). The CAB and debt collectors advised I apply for the CCJ to be set aside, which I understand costs £255.00? What about my credit score though? I am unable to move (repossession of rented property due to lardlord requirements) and unable to get a new lease due to this CCJ.

The original parking charge was for not displaying a residence permit. The charge was disputed with the PPC and the landowner and both rejected it (More Information can be provided regarding the charge if required/relevant).

The CCJ was issued in September 2016 and I have just found out about it. The time frame to appeal the CCJ has passed (as I did not receive any correspondence- due to them using address from 4 years ago). I have been reading, researching and been to the CAB ever since and have not found what the next step should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really feel overwhelmed with this stress :(

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You need to start looking into getting a set aside, will post more later.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • SmellyMog
    SmellyMog Posts: 20 Forumite
    You could apply for a set aside if you can show

(a) good reason why the claim was not contested at any stage
    (b) that you have a reasonable chance of success if you contest it.

Point (a) should be covered by the wrong address issue though I’m sure other members can advise if you need to get the DVLA to confirm in writing when they updated their records to show your current address.

Point (b) depends entirely upon the precise circumstances that surrounded the original parking charge and a bunch of other stuff which can be gone into by others.

If you paid up now, the fact that you received a CCJ would still remain on your file.

Wondering how they would have this old address. Had you got a parking charge at some time whilst you were at that address?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Mrs May was supposed to be looking into this sort of thing and putting a stop to it.

Amongst other things I would contact local and national press, your local MP and Mrs May herself. Ask her why this is still happening. I think the daily wail were campaigning this so I would certainly contact them.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Mrs May was supposed to be looking into this sort of thing and putting a stop to it.

Amongst other things I would contact local and national press, your local MP and Mrs May herself. Ask her why this is still happening. I think the daily wail were campaigning this so I would certainly contact them.

This is the one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3786132/I-ll-end-credit-rating-scandal-pledges-PM-acts-Mail-exposes-rulings-ruined-lives.html
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Re the original charge, do you have any contact for the management company of it was a residential space issue, was it your space were you parked?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    @zebrarose It would help somewhat if we knew which PPC was involved.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Was there not some sort of class action being planned?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • zebrarose
    Re: the original charge, the parking company had my email address and also knew that we lived on the same street as the charge (from the appeal letter) and not the address they had sent all other correspondence to. The PPC also had my registration number and correct address in their system because when I applied for the permit in the first place, they were sent my full details.

The estate agents we rented from owned the parking land and issued each flat one permit. We applied for a second which they sent in the end (Albeit temporary), but in their letter said that it was only temporary until they made 'a definitive decision on how they wish to proceed with additional permits'. They also said that 'In relation to the parking fine you have been issued, this must be paid – Several letters were sent to residents, together with signs being placed on site to notify them of the parking restrictions.'

I even wrote to the owner of the estate agents that own the land, and didn't have luck (November 2016).

I have now contacted the DVLA in order to establish the dates I had my address changes.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    As has been asked before which PPC is it?
  • zebrarose
    Parking and property management ltd
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills