Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Comments

• PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    betterlife Hope you managed to get your cake finished without too much stress. It looks amazing :T Love the ala cake boss quilting effect (I love that programme - have you watched Ace of Cakes?)

Ali Wow great restraint on not buying the promarkers :T (can't believe I just typed that :D) Cowling and Wilcox are still doing them for £5.95 a pack. Can't find the free delivery code though - I deleted the email :(

Laura Love your card - the hat and scarf are brilliant - how did you do it? Love the senitment on your valentines card too :)

Addams :j :T :j :T :j :T Wooo HOO Well done!!!! :j :T :j :T

Georgie have you tried cropping the image so that you don't have as much white space round it IYKWIM and then you could resize it.

dallam Hello and welcome - fantastic card - you've got another follower

dragonllew How's your finger? Oh and how's your DH doing, has he heard anymore from the hospital? Congratulations on the win :T

Fluffb Hello and stunning avatar

:wave: Twinkle and welcome back carmin

Flourgirl Nice tip :T:T

Louby OUCH I hope you find your glasses soon - I know what those kind of headaches feel like - it's no fun at all. Hope you find your ring again too.

Wow Wifey great restraint on not diving into the cake - are you feeling ok or did you not have the matching cosi? :rotfl:

Tomsmom - It wasn't me, honest guv :o Brilliant new about your OH his treatment seems to have worked well got everything crossed for you both and inside outies at the ready. Hugs

OAP I can sympathise OH came in from work, watched the footie, then the boxing he taped last night, then the footie he taped last night, then more footie from today then took himself off to his bed cos he's on earlies and only had a couple of hours sleep last night :rotfl: At least it gives me time to mess about on the comp

craftygranny I couldn't get your link to work shrug.gif

Jaz It's CT19720 that makes the name cards

Marg Your winner's blinkie is made and ready to go. Can't remember when the challenge ends but at least that bit's done - I might actually get a card made for it too :o

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. I'm off to put another card on my glob and then grab something to eat. I'll try to pop back on later so I don't need to keep adding huge posts :)
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Hi Tomsmom, great news, thinking of you and your OH. You'll get back into crafting when the time's right x
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    PepPop wrote: »
    dragonllew How's your finger? Oh and how's your DH doing, has he heard anymore from the hospital? Congratulations on the win :T
    My finger is still sore it will sort it's self out in a couple of days just a pain when it plays up silly things really make it ache like peeling potatoes and hooving I'm sure DH thinks I'm just trying to get out of them lol.
    DH had the hospital again on Monday this time the chest clinic they couldn't find anything wrong but have given him some new medicine to help when he gets a cough and he has to go back in 3 weeks just waiting to here back from the other consultant as to whether they will give him medical clearance so he can apply for his driving licence back as it's almost 6 months since his last blackout.
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    PepPop wrote: »
    Jaz It's CT19720 that makes the name cards

Thank you!
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • Evening ladies. My you've been chatty today! I went to see Gnomeo & Juliet this morning in a cinema about an hours drive from us - DH spotted a Hobbycraft and let me go in there after the film had finished! So, I finally managed to get an air canister for my Letrajet (only been sitting in the box since last April) and treated myself to a few other bits n bobs that were in the clearance sale. I find it amazing that the sale has been on for sometime and yet today they were bringing out boxes of stuff??

I can't remember exactly what I've read so sorry if I miss anything out!

Tomsmum - thanks for letting me know - our post is shockingly bad (letters delivered to wrong address, lots of missing parcels and it's not just me the whole road is effected, one neighbour has got a petition type letter together that we are all signing). I had a letter for an address in Bournemouth the other day!! Since Christmas I have had numerous letters/packages go astray that I have sent and the best the PO can do is offer postage stamps as compensation! I'm glad your DH is improving - it must be so stressful, no wonder you're not in crafting mode.

Dragonlew - hope the finger gets better soon.

Rainmac - shall we call you Nigella? Your cooking sounds heavenly

Congrats to our winners

Welcome to our newbies

Right I'd better get off of here and go and do some ironing, otherwise the kids will be going to school in civvies!
  • PepPop wrote: »
    Georgie have you tried cropping the image so that you don't have as much white space round it IYKWIM and then you could resize it.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. I'm off to put another card on my glob and then grab something to eat. I'll try to pop back on later so I don't need to keep adding huge posts :)

You folks are marvellous - don't know why I didn't think of that myself. I used to be really into my photo-editing, but since I had to reformat my pc I haven't reloaded photoshop and I don't seem to be able to get to grips with the inbuilt windows one.

I've even figured out what IYKWIM means.

Still trying to work out putting a link in but only showing the word "here" in a post but that's a job for another time.

Hoping that I'll be able to make a card or 2 before the night is out.:beer:
  • Soma
    Soma Posts: 699 Forumite
    congratulations to our latest winners :)
    gearing up for another week of work (sigh)
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dragonllew wrote: »
    My finger is still sore it will sort it's self out in a couple of days just a pain when it plays up silly things really make it ache like peeling potatoes and hooving I'm sure DH thinks I'm just trying to get out of them lol.
    DH had the hospital again on Monday this time the chest clinic they couldn't find anything wrong but have given him some new medicine to help when he gets a cough and he has to go back in 3 weeks just waiting to here back from the other consultant as to whether they will give him medical clearance so he can apply for his driving licence back as it's almost 6 months since his last blackout.

Wow is it that long - finger's crossed he gets his licence back.

Georgie I'd be lost without Photoshop - IYKWIM ( I probably made this up but - if you know what I mean ) I hate trying to edit things in word it always ends up looking like a dogs dinner :rotfl: If you click on the image in word and go into Picture tools it'll let you crop it from there. To add a link with here - highlight "here" then click the link button and type / paste your web address and it should work.

I'm off to carry on playing on the comp... I'll pop back before I go to bed
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    edited 7 February 2011 at 12:22AM
    Georgie if you want a free but basic photo editing system try downloadinding Picasa. It can do cropping, highlighting and a few effects too. If you let it loose you can organise your photos and put them in a filing system that makes it easy to find them.

I used to use Photoshop 'cos OH loves his camera and I learnt it through him but lost it when we had a new comp. Now I do all my editing through Picasa.

PepPop, you were so right! I had to wear red with me purple hat today so a red cossie would have clashed with the cake!
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• Discodave
    Discodave Posts: 617 Forumite
    edited 7 February 2011 at 12:58AM
    Not sure if this is the best place to post, so I'll start a new thread as well..

Bascially, along with my Auntie, I offered to design and make my best friends wedding invites (friday 18 nov 2011) and am due to send samples next week.

However, my auntie has just been taken into Hospital and it now looks as though she wont be able to help (shes the crafty one, i'm the IT geek!) so I am now stuck without samples/invites i promised my friends.

We have all the card (baby blue and pewter as requested by the B&G) and the text for the insert so am putting out a plea for anyone that can help. In total, we need 2/3 samples of each day and evening so B&G can choose ASAP, in order to get the rest done. (daytime is A5 folded blue card with pewter, ie: silver, insert. Evening is basic one side A6 blue with pewter trim.. or whatever we can do at this late stage.)

We initally offered to do invites as auntie is a lovely card maker (has done this for 20 years), but just isn't well enough at the moment, and now im kinda stuck as to where to go now. Also, this was going to be my wedding gift to them.

Any help will be great. We have loads of spare unwanted card that may be useful to anyone that can help, and can also look at giving you something for your time/help

a PM may be the best thing at present. I shall continue to hunt/plea for help, and will even scower ebay.

Many Many Thanks,
    Dave
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family