Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Home again! I am so tired dispite having a lay in till 7.30 this morning and not rushing to come home.
    We went to MK and dgd got the pencil case she wanted, and the pencils. £26!! I nearly died!
    Then we got her school shoes and some funky trainers. £37.98
    We then went to CherryTree farm shop and had Lunch, £30.19!
    Eek. Good job we don't do that every week.
    I took mum home and now we are back home. I have a headache to add to my painful hands, so time for a cuppa and some pain relief.
    I may have a power nap when dgd goes to her friends for a play date.
    I should probably be doing hours of house work really, but I need to rest.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Would agree you need to to listen to your body.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Result! I put a notice Board I had made on a Cath Kidston addicts Facebook yesterday and it sold today. Money in my account already. I made it at least a year ago and it's been hanging around the shop ever since. 24 hours on the web and it sells.
    I definitely need to get a better presence on the internet.
    I have spent the evening unpicking a beautiful pillow case I got in the charity shop yesterday. I am planning to make a little pinafore dress out of it for BFs granddaughter.
    I may have time tomorrow unless new work comes in.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    BF was up early and out, I went back to sleep. I am feeling tired still, and sluggish. I should have got up when he did then I could have started to get my house work done! Procrastination seems to be my first name not my middle one these days.
    I realise that I have not used my SAD lamp for a few days so that tells me a lot. So I have just put it on charge for later.
    I am teaching at 10 this morning so hopefully by the time that is finished I will have had some new work in. I have a hem to finish on a dress and that is all the work I have. I have cut out a few things to make, and I have plans to bag up, and price buttons. I have ordered some hooks for the slat wall to hang them on, and hopefully I will sell more if they are not in jars like sweets!
    I better find my feet and get moving I haven't even woken dgd yet!!
  • Savvy_sewing
    I had a lesson at 10am
    Then I had two ladies with a multiple amount of jobs for fitting and alterations so I have enough work for the next two days.possibly.
    I used today to create though and made a toddlers dress out of a pillowcase. I took a few hours to do it though as I was up and down the stairs serving. Staff went home early as she has family visiting.
    She's off all next week as they are opening her daughters cafe.
    I am doing a chicken and prawn and chorizo jambalaya for tea.
    My hands are still worrying me. My doctors appointment is next Wednesday evening!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Morning, that came around quickly.
    I am sitting up in bed with my lamp now on since it was charging yesterday.
    I can hear the birds outside tweeting away. A sign of earlier morning and spring arriving. My snowdrops beside the house have come up now and I am not just staring at mud left from the new paths being put in.
    BF is coming over tonight and he's offered to collect dgd from her after school club again. She said yesterday was he coming over and I said yes, her reply was that she didn't mind him coming anymore. (He's been coming all her life!)
    Today is my mothers 81st Birthday! So I want to pop over later with a card, I haven't got her a present as yet, as she's quite difficult to get things for these days. She doesn't want or need anything and always tells me not to waste my money. But I will probably find a little brooch or something in the shop next to mine. I am not sure wether to co over at lunchtime and then work later, or at tea time and let BF care for dgd a little longer. I will see how the day goes, and will be skyping Mum around 9am as usual.
    I have had an offer for one of my cushions I have on sale at £15 asking would I accept £10. I said only if they are collected in person as postage would be too much. There is no point in loosing money on it, it won't eat me out of house and home. But it is showing me that it's getting seen and that's not a bad thing.
    I am learning about targeting the right audience!
    The lamp has finished, my tea is finished. Time to get up and get on. I have to vacuum upstairs as dgd managed to spill hamster food everywhere between the landing, my bedroom doorway about a foot in and the spareroom where her hamster is! I only noticed it as I came up to bed st 10.45 a bit too late to start clearing up at that time of night.
    Yesterday twin2 messsged me saying she had asked her Dad for £50 for a carpet and he said no. I said that he doesn't have anything as his wife has been off work ill for a long time and he too had been off. (Biggest told me)
    I also had to say that I can't help this week as I just bailed her brother out.
    I feel awful saying that when the amount is so little compared to DS but I haven't any wriggle room left this week.
    I wonder if there is any charity's or similar that can help in Cornwall where she is. I shall tell her to try free cycle etc.
    I have just had my rent, electric and water all gone out this week. So I am not able to until I rebuild my savings pots. But I still feel guilty and I know that I shouldn't as she must have been needing a carpet for a while, and managed this long. I only ever seem to hear from her when she's in need of something.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Well another 24 hours has flown by.
    I am pleased to say that I got more work in, and just over £100 through the tills. Still way below target, and still slightly worried about cash flow for the business. But it is coming in at least.
    I don't have any staff today so all sewing lessons cancelled and I will expect to be interrupted along the way so I will not start any complex work today.
    Mum had one of her neighbour's over when I arrived yesterday so she was quite happy and my children had all rung her to wish her happy birthday so she was content. (I didn't mention that I had reminded them!).
    BF didn't need to collect dgd for me in the end as she was invited out to tea with my friend and her son so she wasn't back until 7.30
    Then we had the neighbour's little girl in for a sleepover. They were very good but awake very early this morning.
    I got up to take DS to work but before I left the house he cancelled. the game had been cancelled so no work for him this weekend now, which will impact on his money next week.
    I tried to get back to sleep but failed.
    BF went back early to go on another run. He seems to be taking this running seriously this year.
    (As long as he doesn't ask me to join him!)
    I have no sporty genes in me!
    The shop is open so I better show some enthusiasm and get to work.
  • dktreesea
    dktreesea Posts: 5,736 Forumite
    My Mum is a similar age to yours, Mooloo. She only goes for experiences these days. Spas, massages, concerts, shows, holidays here, there and everywhere, going out for a meal. She's definitely partial to cruises. Has been all my life. But things? Forget it. Not interested, not even in French perfumes which were always a must have for her.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Afternoon cuppa and a bacon sandwich! Yum.
    We have been around the Pitts Museum in Oxford this afternoon. Dgd found it fascinating and occasionally grosse! We walked from bf's house into town and back again. So I am as usual aching from hip to knees.
    I
    Yesterday I didn't do any sewing at all. I was up and down stairs serving in the shop. I also started to package up some bits and pieces that are on sale in my new bags with toppers where I can add my Mooloo's stamp.
    When I get back home I want to see about sorting out how to print out the toppers on the laptop. So I can have a uniform platform for the bits and bobs I have. For example the suspender ends and buckles. Odd bits that I have in jars but need to be hanging up in view.
    I also Then can photograph and put in the shopping pages of the website eventually.
    I had lots of collections so was happy to have £184 in takings considering we shut at 2pm
    Mind you I will be struggling to earn much next week as the shop is shut until Thursday.
    I am off to Birmingham tomorrow for the trade fair.
    I am disappointed to read that the BBC are axing the Sewing Bee. I found it really helped my business when it was on. It gave new sewers inspiration and turned a few more people into new sewers.
    I think that they are missing a trick as the rise in sewing and sewing magazines etc was a good thing not just for me, but for a new generation of sewers.
    I am not sure what effect it will have on trade, but the buzz it created when it was on was definitely good for me.

I am off to write my journal and keep up trying to look at my business from all angles.
    Dgd is playing with Lego and BF is watching football. I don't have anything of mine here but my journal.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Wanted to update my blogger, but the app won't work and trying to use the webpage on my mobile just hasn't worked.
    I really need to get my laptop sorted out, and then get my knowledge of using these things updated!
    After I return from the trade show, I am going to have to find time to study. See what lessons are available for me, and earmarked to attend or study regularly until I am more confident with the computer and social media etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure