Question about insurance

Comments

• glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    So anytime my mot expires (every year) and im waiting on a date, they can fine me? they should be making a fortune...

Tell me, when ive to wait 3 weeks for an MOT date you are telling me I can be fined? how often?
  • No I have a private parking space that is allocated to myself off the road. So regarding the road aspect I am not worried the original question was would my insurance be VOID or policy cancelled if my MOT runs out even if I still have tax.
  • So anytime my mot expires (every year) and im waiting on a date, they can fine me? they should be making a fortune...

Tell me, when ive to wait 3 weeks for an MOT date you are telling me I can be fined? how often?

You either need to sort your admin or find another garage.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    No I have a private parking space that is allocated to myself off the road. So regarding the road aspect I am not worried the original question was would my insurance be VOID or policy cancelled if my MOT runs out even if I still have tax.
    You must have missed #2!!
  • glentoran99
    You either need to sort your admin or find another garage.

Its not an option here, and their are sometimes months wait for a date
  • Quentin wrote: »
    You must have missed #2!!

I would prefer to keep in on the street but if not worst case scenario I can place it on private land.
  • Its not an option here, and their are sometimes months wait for a date

But you know 12 sometimes 13 months in advance when it will expire so why leave it until the last minute?
  • glentoran99
    But you know 12 sometimes 13 months in advance when it will expire so why leave it until the last minute?

because you cant book that far in advance
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    because you cant book that far in advance

Strictly, that's not true. You can (in GB in any case) have your MOT done at any point and as many times as you like, but you are limited on dates if you want to keep a certain date as your anniversary date for the purposes of getting your car tested.
  • So anytime my mot expires (every year) and im waiting on a date, they can fine me? they should be making a fortune...

You can preserve the date by having an MOT up to 30 days before. So ring up for a test date 30+(some number) days in advance.

If you can't get a test date before the old test expires, keep it off road until you can get it tested. Not too difficult.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure