Economy Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Economy_Energy
    Economy_Energy Posts: 4 Organisation Representative
    needhamy wrote: »
    Did a cost comparison on the Cheap Energy Club website and Economy Energy came up cheapest at £648. I subsequently clicked on the link and it took me through the selection process using the same inputs as previously used and low and behold the cheapest tariff came out at £759!
    Maybe I am cynical but I suspect the headline cheap rate was a rouse to lead you on to their website and then inflate the tariff - please take note!
    Hi Nedhamy.
    Economy Energy is one of over 20 independent energy suppliers set up to challenge the market and offer more affordable prices than the Big Six.
    Since we were formed five years ago, we have saved customers well over £12million on their gas and electricity bills.
    We have recently introduced the lowest fixed-rate energy tariff in the UK as part of our commitment to providing the best and most cost-effective experience for our customers.
    Can you please send us your details to customer.services@economyenergy.co.uk and one of our customer service advisors will be in touch to discuss your energy needs and how you can access the best possible tariff.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Economy Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Economy_Energy
    Joyful wrote: »
    Most of the customers I have spoken to that have had their accounts transferred against their wishes have been either to Economy Energy or E.
    Hi Joyful, we are very surprised by your comments.
    Since we were formed five years ago, we have saved customers well over £12million on their gas and electricity bills.
    We have invested heavily in our new UK-based customer contact centre, as well as our online offering, to ensure we provide the best experience to our growing customer base.
    Our customer strategy is very much built around educating and informing consumers on switching and how they can access the most affordable deals available to them.
    I am the official company representative of Economy Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 31 July 2017 at 5:46PM
    we have saved customers well over £12million on their gas and electricity bills.

Hi - welcome to the forum: it is good to see another company rep on this forum.

Unfortunately, being a rep doesn't guarantee an easy ride. For the benefit of those who follow this forum, please explain the criteria that you have used to calculate that EE alone has saved energy customers switching to you over £12M?

If the savings are based on the Ofgem cost criteria, then call me a sceptic. Last year (before energy prices started rising) , I received a claim from a supplier that Miss A had saved over £250 by switching to them in 2015 (possible), and would save another £220 by taking out another one year fix (not possible -but true if the Ofgem cost methodology was being used): hence, my question.
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I understand what you are saying but this does not deal with bad salesmanship. today I spoke with someone who said could she change her mind. The response was if she did not use the new suppliers card it meant she stayed with the old supplier. I am all for competition but the smaller companies have to play by the rules too.
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello all,
    I joined Economy energy on 16th April from flow energy, to day is the 31st July 2017. I contacted Economy energy a few days after the 16th July to enquire about when I will receive my first bill? I was informed, I should receive my bill between 26th July - 28th July 2017.

I made my second telephone call to Economy energy on 29th July 2017, and on this occasion I am told i should receive my first bill some time this week. We will be in august tomorrow, still no quarterly bill? I did receive a text message today from the company asking again for meter readings (the last meter readings were submitted on 15th July 2017.

Is this normal behavior for this company that has been running for five years? as a new customer i am not very impressed.

Can someone kindly send me a bill???
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • Economy_Energy
    Hello all,
    I joined Economy energy on 16th April from flow energy, to day is the 31st July 2017. I contacted Economy energy a few days after the 16th July to enquire about when I will receive my first bill? I was informed, I should receive my bill between 26th July - 28th July 2017.

I made my second telephone call to Economy energy on 29th July 2017, and on this occasion I am told i should receive my first bill some time this week. We will be in august tomorrow, still no quarterly bill? I did receive a text message today from the company asking again for meter readings (the last meter readings were submitted on 15th July 2017.

Is this normal behavior for this company that has been running for five years? as a new customer i am not very impressed.

Can someone kindly send me a bill???

Hi Trinidadone.
    We are committed to making your switching experience as smooth as possible.
    Can you please send us your details to customer.services@economyenergy.co.uk and one of our customer service advisors will be in touch to discuss your billing.
    Thankyou
  • trinidadone
    Hi Trinidadone.
    We are committed to making your switching experience as smooth as possible.
    Can you please send us your details to customer.services@economyenergy.co.uk and one of our customer service advisors will be in touch to discuss your billing.
    Thankyou

Dear Economy Energy,

I raised the issues of not receiving a bill in a informal complaint on 10th July 2017. I have reviewed your customer complaints policy, and have emailed a complaint to customer.complaints@economyenergy.co.uk, and requested this complaint is looked at, at the review stage. As a new customer I am disappointed of still awaiting a bill from this company.
  • glennevis
    glennevis Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Applied to switch gas to Economy Energy on 13th July. Received an email straightaway with the order number and a link to their page promising they would keep me informed during the process.

No communications since (yes, I did check spam). My current supplier hadn't notified me of the switch, so I knew something was not right.

So as the 21 days is up, phoned them today. CS rep said there was a flag on my application so they had not initiated the switch. The reason I was given is that there was "a space (sic) and some numbers" in my email address. There wasn't a space but my email address was of the form myaddress+11@gmail.com. I now have to wait another 21 days for the switch, or I have 14 days to cancel. Hard choice.

Warning:
    If you use gmail's very useful feature to append +tag to your email address (example myaddress+tag@gmail.com) so you can filter your emails, Economy Energy's system can't handle it. They will send out a welcome email to myaddress@gmail.com with a supposed order number but they will not process your switch unless you get in touch and do without the tag.
  • Economy_Energy
    Hi Glennevis.

We apologise for any inconvenience, we always strive to make the switching process as smooth and easy as possible.

Please send your details to customer.complaints@economyenergy.co.uk and we will investigate this further for you.

Neil
  • trinidadone
    I have received a response from this company. I ave been provided a bill based on a estimated bill. I have now been asked for the meter readings which were supplied to this company when I started. There appears to be some serious customer service issues with this company. while there tarrif is advertised as cheap, I have already decided not to remain with this company after the twelve months is up, and that is after being a customer only since April. As this company is unable to provide a first bill, i would not recommend being a customer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport