• sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    3/12 for today please Shaggy
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    3/24

Feels harder this month but I am quite determined. All the drinking is at the beginning of the month and then it should calm down. Hopefully.

Go for it PSL!! That's what happened to me in May. I had so many occasions to drink at the beginning of the month, I was quite despondent but ended up with one of my best ever scores (7 above target:eek:).

I won't be drinking today.

4 AFDs please Shaggy.
  • macpep1
    macpep1 Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 June 2017 at 2:31PM
    Hi All :hello:

I keep forgetting to post daily! I did have alcohol Friday/Sat/Sun however I am calling it in early today so 4/14 AF's please Shaggy, last week I managed a full 3 days in a row without alcohol, I feel better this week & not so nervous about not having it as a crutch so I hope I can make it 4 this week. (Actually I have to take DD to the school at 2am on Friday as she is going to Spain & hubby is away so I will get 4 done) :D. I have not been sleeping great, some nights its almost 3am before I fall asleep, I have been drinking green tea at night & discovered today their is caffeine in it :eek: so will need to stick to my peppermint tea.
    :TGratitude is the best Attitude :T
    Long Term Flylady
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Poor_Single_lady Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thank you Maman

I had the tiniest glass of wine today so can't add today in but moderation is progress.
    Should be AF tommorow. No evening plans bar voting and will take lunch into work so on paper it is AF.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    1 more for me please shaggy
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    6/25 AFDs today
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    maman wrote: »
    Go for it PSL!! That's what happened to me in May. I had so many occasions to drink at the beginning of the month, I was quite despondent but ended up with one of my best ever scores (7 above target:eek:)..

Way to go, Maman!
    macpep1 wrote: »
    I keep forgetting to post daily!
    .... I have been drinking green tea at night & discovered today their is caffeine in it :eek: so will need to stick to my peppermint tea.

At the moment I'm forgetting to post daily but I think that's a good thing - we're not obsessing about drinking or not drinking. Tea is surprisingly caffeine rich, so well done for twigging what was keeping you awake.

I think I have finally worked out the final thing that's been causing my hideous lethargy - St John's Wort. I take a hefty dose of it for various reasons and it's a long term thing but for one reason or another I didn't think it was part of the problem. There's no doubt that the Low GI breakfast and (most days) lunch that I eat have improved the situation but it was still a problem. Recently I came across the suggestion that taking it in the evening rather than the morning might make a difference and I'm amazed! I'll never be full of energy or have any kind of stamina, but honestly, I feel like a new woman. Amazing.

It's taken me three years to figure that out, but I got there in the end.

8/30 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning everyone,
    6 AFD please Shaggy.
    Arkers x

• ElusiveLucy
    ElusiveLucy Posts: 686 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    3/16 for last night for me please. So far so good, although last night was a mental struggle, I really fancied a drink but decided it wasn't worth losing and AFD or one drink.....not sure if that is the right mindset, but it worked!
    What goes around comes around.....I hope!
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    3/16 for last night for me please. So far so good, although last night was a mental struggle, I really fancied a drink but decided it wasn't worth losing and AFD or one drink.....not sure if that is the right mindset, but it worked!

Well done Lucy, I suffer from this mindset too. Its helpful but equally unhelpful too!

I'm tempted to call in early, but last time I did that it went belly up. But will try again.

5/17 for me please (I think!)
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family