No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - March 2017

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Ah, I caved last night and ordered the Bare Minerals TSV. I think it was the easy pay that swung it. When I first saw the kit on FB last week I instantly fancied trying the eye primer as it's an eye cream too and liked the look of the highliter. Then yesterday I was reading Temptalia blog and following the foundation thread. This made me consider whether I'm truly happy with my foundation which I am in the most part but have noticed it looks patchy around my mouth by lunchtime so want to try their mineral foundation. Only hope that I have chosen the right colour. I did still have my birthday money from work so I suppose this purchase is not too bad.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One sample UU this morning:

La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere moisturiser sample WBA and I have a full size I'm going to start using tonight. Love this, so light and gentle.
  • Zuzi
    Zuzi Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    1. Olay Total Effects moisturiser + serum (carried over from February)
    2. Superdrug vitamin E leave-on moisture mask - don't like it on the face so using it on legs
    3. Indeed labs Retinol Reface
    4. TBS moringa body butter mini
    5. Estee Lauder Perfectionist serum mini
    6. Simple KTS cleansing wipes
    7. Burt's Bees deep cleansing cream
    8. Nivea powder touch antiperspirant
    9. Sure antiperspirant
    10. Garnier Ultimate Blends oat shampoo

I have had a few INs already too, stocked up on the Simple wipes as they were on offer, also bought a small Vaseline hand cream, Nip and Fab dragon blood mask and the Garnier micellar face wash. Bioderma micellar water is my HG so I am not interested in other micellar waters, but the wash sounds interesting.

Having said that, I have a big problem with cleansers, I've probably got 5-6 unopened still so shouldn't have bought it really.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    VALM wrote: »
    Ah, I caved last night and ordered the Bare Minerals TSV. I think it was the easy pay that swung it. When I first saw the kit on FB last week I instantly fancied trying the eye primer as it's an eye cream too and liked the look of the highliter. Then yesterday I was reading Temptalia blog and following the foundation thread. This made me consider whether I'm truly happy with my foundation which I am in the most part but have noticed it looks patchy around my mouth by lunchtime so want to try their mineral foundation. Only hope that I have chosen the right colour. I did still have my birthday money from work so I suppose this purchase is not too bad.

I will be interested to hear how you get on with this. What colour did you order? I have used light in the past which is super yellow, at the moment I have a pot of medium beige and a pot of fair which I mix to get the right pink undertoned colour for me. I do find it takes a really long time to get my base done and the coverage I need so I only have time at the weekend to use it, also I find my skin feels really dry and tight with it too.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I will be interested to hear how you get on with this. What colour did you order? I have used light in the past which is super yellow, at the moment I have a pot of medium beige and a pot of fair which I mix to get the right pink undertoned colour for me. I do find it takes a really long time to get my base done and the coverage I need so I only have time at the weekend to use it, also I find my skin feels really dry and tight with it too.

Thanks for your post dolly. I have what I consider quite sallow undertones and opted for beige because any other foundation has had beige in the title. looking forward to playing with it.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Last evening I opened a 100ml tube of Heathcote & Ivory hand cream, at first it felt really odd on my hands and I was not sure if I could smell a slightly "off" whiff (head cold). It is very old, not sure why I didn't open it before now, except that the friend who gave it to me died and I might have been hanging on to it as a reminder of her? I will try it on my feet after I have showered, if it still feels odd then I will TA, Pink Rose Candle anyone?:(

VALM - I have not seen the bare minerals TSV yet, I have never managed to get colour matched for their foundation, so have only bought an eye shadow palette (Ready 8.0) which I find a bit itchy, so only wear for evenings:(

I have ordered Alpha-H spf50 moisturiser from QVC, 130 mls for less than the price of 50 mls elsewhere, even taking into account a 20% discount and only 12p postage as an anniversary offer:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • VALM
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Last evening I opened a 100ml tube of Heathcote & Ivory hand cream, at first it felt really odd on my hands and I was not sure if I could smell a slightly "off" whiff (head cold). It is very old, not sure why I didn't open it before now, except that the friend who gave it to me died and I might have been hanging on to it as a reminder of her? I will try it on my feet after I have showered, if it still feels odd then I will TA, Pink Rose Candle anyone?:(

VALM - I have not seen the bare minerals TSV yet, I have never managed to get colour matched for their foundation, so have only bought an eye shadow palette (Ready 8.0) which I find a bit itchy, so only wear for evenings:(

I have ordered Alpha-H spf50 moisturiser from QVC, 130 mls for less than the price of 50 mls elsewhere, even taking into account a 20% discount and only 12p postage as an anniversary offer:D

Hi maddiemay hope you haven't got the awful cold that's doing the rounds at the mo. I returned to work on Wednesday but still feel bunged up today. MRM had it for about 2 weeks in total too. Keep warm hon.

At least you can repurpose the handcream.

To be honest I will only buy a new foundation from QVC now because of the MBG. I don't like getting colour matched instore because it never looks the same when I get it home. I wish the Beauty counters would readily provide sample sizes. Even if I was charged a small amount for it I wouldn't mind. I did try to encourage Emma to use Bare Minerals a few years ago and she does still like the Mineral Veil and has a blusher she loves but not the foundatio. She prefers the Urban Decay one as she says it feels like her skin. The kit yesterday was a nice return to how the TSVs used to be with you paying the value of one item and the others being GWP and the offer you got was good.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Houseplant26
    Houseplant26 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi ladies,

Apologies I feel I've been really rubbish at following the interestin conversations on here, and saying hello and thank you etc etc

It's been a bit of an overwhelming time. We were burgled recently and they took all of my rings and some other jewellery, with little to no value but sentimental value. So I'm feeling quite sorry for myself.

I have a UU and an in
    UU - Lush metamorphosis bath bomb I liked this but WNBA simply because I don't think bath bombs are very good value and it didn't do anything special in terms of being moisturising or very luxurious.

In
    Blistex lip balm - annoyed at this as was just because I came out without one and lips were feeling horribly flakey and tight
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Hi ladies,

Apologies I feel I've been really rubbish at following the interestin conversations on here, and saying hello and thank you etc etc

It's been a bit of an overwhelming time. We were burgled recently and they took all of my rings and some other jewellery, with little to no value but sentimental value. So I'm feeling quite sorry for myself.

So sorry to hear this. That happened to me in June 2014 - I lost stuff of value, but nothing of real sentimental value, thankfully. I hope your police were as good as ours are. I didn't get my stuff back, but I do feel they tried. The psychological effects took a while to overcome, I had left a door unlocked on going to bed (so no insurance payment) and I was bordering on OCD for a while in checking they were locked.

I have been offered a new type of cleansing cloth to review, watch this space....
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler

Sorry to hear this :(
    Happened to us back in 2011. My wedding jewellery was stolen. I was very upset about that despite getting money from the insurance, you can't replace something like that.
    ally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport