No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - March 2017

Comments

• SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Other aims for this month/year.

I'm still on a No buying of nail varnish this will likely need to remain in place for the next few years, concentrating on UU mini's 1st

Lipsticks I have been naughty and bought a few recently, new aim is that I need to use up at least 2 Lipsticks/Lip glosses for every one I buy from now on. That way I can still buy more, but reduce size of the stash.

As per previous post need to UU 12 eye shadows per year (eqiv of average palette).

Trying to use up what's in the stash before repurchasing fav products
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    hello all,

well I did go and get the foundation so thats an IN for me (totals for the month at 9 OUT and 3 IN)

I am thinking of ditching few makeup items that in all honesty I am never going to use (example - tried a lippy on this morning that I have not used in over a year and when I put it on I remembered why!) but I feel s guilty just throwing it out! any thoughts?
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 March 2017 at 3:46PM
    WJN222 wrote: »
    hello all,

well I did go and get the foundation so thats an IN for me (totals for the month at 9 OUT and 3 IN)

I am thinking of ditching few makeup items that in all honesty I am never going to use (example - tried a lippy on this morning that I have not used in over a year and when I put it on I remembered why!) but I feel s guilty just throwing it out! any thoughts?

Perhaps send them here or somewhere like it?

Link to Give & make up in Paragraph 4 I think. Anything with a wand not accepted, but I think shadows, lippies which can be "freshened up" is fine.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Gemzie121
    Gemzie121 Posts: 668 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Im another with a lip balm obsession. I collected them to a ridiculous amount at one point, havent bought one in ages but i agree with the burts bees love - currently got a pomegranate one open and its great (although had it on go just shy of a year and it barely looks used!) have to say the coconut and pear flavour sounds amazing!! May treat my mum to that one for mothers day, both of her favourite flavours/scents!

While im here. I dont count make up personally i only count toiletries as thats my main problem area, but can i ask you guys for some reccomendations? I have only just started wearing lip colour, never used to bother, but i like to look more grown up at my new job. Im using lush it started with a kiss tint or an avon lip stick. However if i dont drink constantly through day i get awful headaches. Cant be nipping off every 2 minutes to re apply and no sooner than i am in office then drinking has took most of it off. Anyone got any reccomendations for a product that will help keep the colour on? As i really like these colours. Does the lipcote thing do the job well?

Also thankyou to all for all your support when things went wrong with my old job. Im now on week three of my new job and going well so far! :)

I shall be back later to add my UU and ins.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • seasideDreamer
    seasideDreamer Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    UU Loreal Pure Clay Purity Mask Didnt like this, brought my skin out:(
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • Gemzie121
    Gemzie121 Posts: 668 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 March 2017 at 3:08AM
    UUs so far this month:

Baylis & harding florale bouquet black raspberry & fig body wash 100ml - WMBA this was okay, had a nice scent and did the job, but wouldnt go out of my way to re purchase as i have a ton of shower gels already and do prefer lush ones.

Lush santas belly shower jelly 100g- WBA HG i loved this. I love the scent and how long these last for. I managed to get a good lather with it and the scent lingered.

Spaceroyale sandalwood & vetivert hair conditioner sachet 10ml- WMBA but i have no idea where this was from. This does smell really nice and the scent lingers strongly in your hair. It does a good job.

Lidl cien madame glamour roll on deodorant- WBA this smells nice and does a good job, and a good price too.

Avon be serene eau de toilette 30ml- WBA i like the floral smell of this one. I use it when i want something lighter in scent. Think i have another stashed to replace this.

Lush enchanter bath bomb- WBA i like the jelly bean type smell (calacas). Turns the water a bright orange colour.

Ins:

2 x lush wizard bubble bar
    1 x lush somewhere over the rainbow soap
    2 x lush dorothy bubble bar
    2 x lush breath of god solid perfume samples
    1 x lush smugglers soul solid perfume sample
    1 x lush all good things solid perfume sample
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    No UUs to report. I'm on the fence about the Bare Minerals set and am considering returning it. I was won over by the "phenomenal value" as the kit price only covered the foundation and everything else was free. Really wanted to love the highlighter but it's too yellow for my sallow complexion. The foundation is ok but no better than what I have, the lipstick (whilst a lovely texture) is not a colour I love and I was considering putting the blush up for sale. I opted to use my new Real Techniques brush instead of the one that came in the kit too so not much point in keeping it all.

I did have to repaint my nails last night as well as I didn't put a top coat on when I painted them the night before and they were chipped really badly during the first day. Am wearing a very appropriate colour - OPI Thank Glogg It's Friday. Have teamed this with another appopriately named lipstick - Revlon Wine With Everything.

Have a great day everyone. xx
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Two UUs from last night:

Paula's Choice Resist Weightless Advanced Repairing Toner sample WMB. I've got another sample of this to use before I make my mind up on it.

Dentek Silky Whitening Floss Picks WBA and have. Does the job and easy to use.
  • L'oreal low shampooo - I am powerless in the face of Sali Hughes' Saturday Guardian column and I needed shampoo!
    is it ny good it seems to take a lot of time
    Gemzie121 wrote: »
    i agree with the burts bees love - currently got a pomegranate one open and its great ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have only just started wearing lip colour, never used to bother, but i like to look more grown up at my new job. Im using lush it started with a kiss tint or an avon lip stick. However if i dont drink constantly through day i get awful headaches. Cant be nipping off every 2 minutes to re apply and no sooner than i am in office then drinking has took most of it off. Anyone got any reccomendations for a product that will help keep the colour on? As i really like these colours.

gemzie so happy to hear the new job is good. avoid lip cote like the plague it is so dry and flaky after hours. i would use a tinted berts bees balm that wears away evenly and looks nice when sheer.
    nyx last for ages, maybelline are good for staying but stain is long lasting sheer and looks nice
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Gemzie - the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains are good, when the gloss wears off you are left with a stain which lasts ages. Another good thing would be a tinted lip balm which you can apply at your desk without a mirror, the Maybelline Baby Lips have a good colour pay off.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family