We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

That's Life CTWs

They seem to have changed the format so that now they tell you which ones to enter! It's no longer set out as pages, for example, 1 - 13 but as 7 or so competitions on one page which as you enter them you are then presented with more to enter but if you reach a stage where you don't want to enter what is shown then that's your lot. I hope I'm making myself clear - it all feels a bit mad! Has anyone else found this?

Comments

• hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Yes, I don't like it at all.
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,881
    Forumite
    At least one of the other sites has been doing that for months, I suspect they will all end up that way.
  • Good. I need an excuse to stop wasting my life on them! Thanks all :D
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,881
    Forumite
    Good. I need an excuse to stop wasting my life on them! Thanks all :D

Just had a further look and they are not nice especially if you only want to enter a few but from the index page you can still select each page but it means each competition you want to enter must then be opened (and closed) in a new tab.
  • Thanks mjm. I'm already questioning whether it's worth doing them but doing every one in a new tab? Not going to happen! This might be just the push I need!
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    dound this with mobile mag dailies too
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,610
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The way I do these this is not a problem. I open a click to win page, for example, That's Life. I keep that page open as my working page. So in this case it is page 1 of 13. Then I go through that page and click on the ones I want to enter with my mouse wheel. This opens each one I click on in a new tab, but my working page stays open. Then I do the same with page 2, and a few more pages, until I have a good row of tabs to work on. Then I quickly go through the tabs one by one entering each comp and closing the tab. When I get back to my working page, and carry on from where I'd stopped. I hope that makes sense. I'm probably making it sound more complicated than it is. Try it to see if you can make sense of it. I think it's the quickest way to do the CTWs, and it doesn't matter what format the landing page takes, because once you've entered you close that page anyway.

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • Thanks for that Blu - I'll give that a try tomorrow :)
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855
    Forumite
    Also the closer ones seem to hang on 'processing' for ages since that site changed. All these tweaks are really slowing things down.
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • Blulu wrote: »
    The way I do these this is not a problem. I open a click to win page, for example, That's Life. I keep that page open as my working page. So in this case it is page 1 of 13. Then I go through that page and click on the ones I want to enter with my mouse wheel. This opens each one I click on in a new tab, but my working page stays open. Then I do the same with page 2, and a few more pages, until I have a good row of tabs to work on. Then I quickly go through the tabs one by one entering each comp and closing the tab. When I get back to my working page, and carry on from where I'd stopped. I hope that makes sense. I'm probably making it sound more complicated than it is. Try it to see if you can make sense of it. I think it's the quickest way to do the CTWs, and it doesn't matter what format the landing page takes, because once you've entered you close that page anyway.

Blu X

This is exactly how I was doing it when they first started, I now do it slightly differently which I find is a bit quicker. I do the first one and then it takes you to the ones it suggests you enter, I enter all the ones that I want to enter in turn until the ones presented are ones I don't want to enter. I then go through each page and open each one that is left I want to enter in a new tab, when I have all tabs open I then enter and close each tab. This way you don't need to open and close as many tabs and makes the job slightly quicker. I hope I made sense, I know what I mean anyway :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure