IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ethical Parking Management - Charge

2»

Comments

• climber1
    climber1 Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2012 at 12:21PM
    Hmmm - sorry for tyhe late addition.

There is a sign as you enter the grounds that users agree to a contractual agreement that staff obey the restrictions etc put in place by the parking company.
    what are peoples thoughts on this?
  • tom9980
    tom9980 Posts: 1,990 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've helped Parliament
    climber1 wrote: »

There is a sign as you enter the grounds that users agree to a contractual agreement that staff obey the restrictions etc put in place by the parking company.

its complete and utter rubbish.
    When using the housing forum please use the sticky threads for valuable information.
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I would make a official complaint to the University that "you believe" you are getting harassed by this parking company, that you believe it could be stalking related.
    Ask them what steps they intend to take to resolve the matter.
    Be happy...;)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    spacey2012 wrote: »
    I would make a official complaint to the University that "you believe" you are getting harassed by this parking company, that you believe it could be stalking related.
    Ask them what steps they intend to take to resolve the matter.

I still think ignoring is best, or appealing but with a different family surname and address. As I said before. Easiest for climber1 to ignore it all really.

Hmmm - sorry for the late addition.

Means nothing. There's always a sign or six in these car parks - usually very badly worded or with tiny writing. All the PPC will do is send the usual junk mail as per the 5th from top thread 'PPC letter chains'. It's just a mail scam so see it out like we all do. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite

Does it also mention that under English Contract Law the remedy for breaching a contract is actual financial losses suffered only? Which is zero in this case?
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Seeing as you have a permit , they ( or more correctly the land owner) have lost zero.

I would like to see them try and argue this one in court ( which almost certainly won't happen).

That said the pieces of paper might be useful at this time of year. You can stick them on windscreen at night to aid with the de-icing in the morning.
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport