Royal Mail Parcel Delivery

Comments

• I wouldn't bother, custardy. They're paying as much attention to what you are saying as the op did to that little red card.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    I want consistency.

If they deliver to addresses not people then proof of address should be enough to claim a parcel.

I understand you work for RM so have to defend them. It's just a shame that they're not more customer friendly. I suspect this is why they are struggling to compete against firms with better customer service.

You understand wrong. What they are required to deliver to (addresses) and their ID requirements on collection are separate entity's.
    Do couriers ask for ID at the door on delivery? because I get Id'd when I collect from couriers or use collect at store etc.
    That seems weird,doesnt it?
    Read the OPs post. All items delivered as per spec and expected delivery times.
  • I don't think anyone is denying that they followed their policies.

However, I agree with the OP that their policies are inconsistent and don't make sense.

If they are happy to hand the parcel to anyone at an address, why aren't they happy to hand the parcel to anyone who can prove they live at that address?
  • custardy
    Forumite
    I don't think anyone is denying that they followed their policies.

However, I agree with the OP that their policies are inconsistent and don't make sense.

If they are happy to hand the parcel to anyone at an address, why aren't they happy to hand the parcel to anyone who can prove they live at that address?

Does it matter? If you are interested,ask RM.
    Once again,I get ID'd when I collect from couriers and collect plus etc.
    Why would they need t ID me when they dont at the door?
  • wiogs
    wiogs Posts: 2,744 Forumite
    If RM were worried about this then they should ID the person who they deliver the parcel to at the address.

But they don't :D
  • wiogs
    wiogs Posts: 2,744 Forumite
    So much time? The OP has only posted once. With a rightfully annoying vent about RM.

On a side note Ive never been asked for id when collecting a parcel from RM. They're so incredibly incompetent as an organisation I am amazed the OP was asked. On the plus side when the private owners can start laying people off this may improve the quality of the workforce. There is a lot of deadwood that needs shifting!

I have never been able to collect one without ID.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    wiogs wrote: »
    I have never been able to collect one without ID.

You must look a bit dodgy then ;)
  • Although I have been in the funny situation with my 15 yo daughter trying to pick up a parcel from the PO. Forms of ID, well sorry, no bills as they are all in our name not hers, none of her under 16 ID cards were deemed good enough, council tax, sorry, in our name again. Passport, well she has one of those, but at the time it had been sent off to be renewed. So despite me being with her with proof of my and her address (and I had a driving licence on me) all of her forms of ID (including a college letter with her name on it and address) weren't good enough so it was a lovely trip home to dig out her birth certificate.
    Counter staff weren't popular that day!!!!!
  • custardy wrote: »
    Does it matter? If you are interested,ask RM.
    Once again,I get ID'd when I collect from couriers and collect plus etc.
    Why would they need t ID me when they dont at the door?

You don't seem to be reading their posts. They aren't complaining about being ID'd. They are complaining that they accept proof of address to deliver to the door, but won't accept proof of address at the counter - only proof of being the exact person named on the label.
  • custardy
    Forumite
    You don't seem to be reading their posts. They aren't complaining about being ID'd. They are complaining that they accept proof of address to deliver to the door, but won't accept proof of address at the counter - only proof of being the exact person named on the label.

delivery to address is part of their delivery obligation. RM are free to choose the ID requirements for collection.
    Having had to deal with mail fraud cases myself. You would be amazed how plausible everyone's story is as to why ID is not needed.
    So exactly what is the issue with requiring ID? Something as simple as a bank card is acceptable when supported by a red card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure