Letter from Hillside Services

Comments

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    gabrielle wrote: »
    They promised to take my mothers address off their system.

I hope they do, gabrielle.

It is amazing that debt collection agencies have the 'front' to justify their existence as an indespensible part of the Financial Services Industry, yet they feel the need to stoop to what is nothing short of deceipt in carrying out their 'function'. :mad:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • I received a yellow letter yesterday addressed to "The Occupier" from Hillside - their new address is : Clifton House, Clifton Mills, Brighouse, West Yorkshire HD6 4JJ. New Phone number 01484 475833

I have now phoned them 5 times this morning and am still getting voicemail so have left them my ref number and said they should write to me as they obviously dont want to talk to me.

Two interesting points -

1. The person who used to own the property where I live still insists on picking up a lot of post (incl credit card bills still addressed to my address) - the other day he picked up his post and for some reason wheel spinned off in his car (Must have been in quite a rush!)

2. On Saturday the 26th Jan 2008 I went to get muy Birtish Gas refund cashed at The HSBC - However they dont do it on a Saturday so I went to one of those Cheque Cashing places you find in the High Street these days and cashed it there.
    By Monday I received this mystery letter from Hillside.
  • AL007 wrote: »
    I received a yellow letter yesterday addressed to "The Occupier" from Hillside - their new address is : Clifton House, Clifton Mills, Brighouse, West Yorkshire HD6 4JJ. New Phone number 01484 475833

I have now phoned them 5 times this morning and am still getting voicemail so have left them my ref number and said they should write to me as they obviously dont want to talk to me.

Two interesting points -

1. The person who used to own the property where I live still insists on picking up a lot of post (incl credit card bills still addressed to my address) - the other day he picked up his post and for some reason wheel spinned off in his car (Must have been in quite a rush!)

2. On Saturday the 26th Jan 2008 I went to get muy Birtish Gas refund cashed at The HSBC - However they dont do it on a Saturday so I went to one of those Cheque Cashing places you find in the High Street these days and cashed it there.
    By Monday I received this mystery letter from Hillside.

Tell the previous owner to get stuffed, tell him he has 1 week to sort out a redirection from the post office and any post that u recieve after that will be returned to sender....i'm amazed how patient u have been!

Will
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • I have just spoken to Hillside - they only open at 9.30 am - I eventually got through to "Jordan" - she at first called me Mr Guest and said thankyou for phoning and that she had just been trying to phone me back as she had picked up my number. I replied "My name isnt Mr Guest - i never told you my name and you cant have my phone number becuase im phoning from a private phone number!"

By this time she had obviously bought up the ref no on her computer and she asked me if i lived in this flat - I said yes - she said they were looking for Mrs Ababdoajj (African name possibly or invented?) I said no as far as I was aware they had never lived at my address - she asked me if my next door neighbour was called this - i said no - trying to get some honest answers from her i told her my name and the previous owner of the flat but she just said thankyou for your help and thankyou for phoning.

Whether theyre trying to stop some Nigerian Internet scam or they re just fishing for who lives in the flat now I dont know - but I have to say that I would prefer companies like this to be honest - if for some reason I have inadvertently forgotten to pay a debt or (when my bank card and cheque book were stolen over 4 years ago ) someone else has racked up a debt in my name then I would rather them tell me now then waiting four or five months for some bailiff to turn up demanding menaces :confused:

Concerning the old owner of the flat I will take your advice and email him today to get his mail redirected :beer:
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Al

Please do tell the previous owner that all mail that arrives in his name will be returned to sender after one week elapses.

Also have you checked that he is not still on the electoral roll for your address?

Seriously, you are laying yourself open to questioning about complicity in any scam that he is indulging in, or haressment by creditors if he defaults on anything.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • My brother recieved a letter but this time with his details on. Now he does have some debts with the banks but he has arranged a paying off plan with them. So no real reason for these people (I use that very loosely) to send him a letter. If you feel like calling them up here's there details.

Few facts here everyone you should take onboard. 1) The email address below isnt corporate in anyway 2) there website tracingonline - is just a a load of flower pictures. CSA registered or not. The company feels very much like a here today/gone tomorrow shoddy debt collecting business.

Hillside Services Ltd

Clifton House
    Clifton Mills
    Bailiff Bridge
    Brighouse
    HD6 4JJ

Phone: 01484 722995
    Fax: 01484 723016
    Email: hillsideservices@aol.com
    Link: www.tracingonline.co.uk
    Service: AGJMT
    Area: UK
    Region: NE
    Type: Full
  • Well it looks like i am lucky enough to be in the club to get letters from hillside. I dont intend to call, and will wait and see what their next course of action is. Got a feeling its to do with an alleged debt to barclaycard which which I was pursed for by Lowell Portfolio earlier this year, I used all the templates from this site and got them to drop it and apologise to me. I have never been informed by anyone that I owe Barclaycard any money, and closed my account with them in 1998. Dont know what these scum bags are upto but they wont get any joy. How persitent do hillside get?? Will I have to start sendings letters to them as well.

Crashedquattro
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I would be more inclined to report both Lowell and hillside to the OFt and Fo for haressment.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • My hubby got a letter from Hillside today, after reading this I don't think we will call them. If they had anything decent to say then they can write to him properly!
    ** Karin **
  • I received a letter from hillside messengers today, to my maiden name.

I called them. They are basically a company that go under an unassuming name to get you to ring, so they can gather your recent details on behalf of company's you owe money to. (so if you owe money on a loan and move, its to get your new address, telephone number etc)

They put the "Please be assured we are not a sales company, nor is out phone number charged at a premium rate" so you ring them and confirm your new address.

They arent a scam, just being sneaky so people that you owe money to can track you down.
    2009 wins - 2x childrens books, Sonisphere tickets, Kettle BBQ.
    2011 wins - WWE Tickets :D.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport