Cancelling TMTI Gadget Helpline

Comments

• batesy2000
    batesy2000 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Hi, I've had the same problem as the original poster, neither me nor my partner who have had phones from mobiles.co.uk have had no communications from gadget helpline. I tried the contact us page but it keeps saying my email address is invalid!!!! Its a hotmail address!!!!! I refuse to pay 5p a minute for their incompetence. Is there a direct email address for them.
    I had not intentions of using the service but even less convinced now I see they can't even get sending me a welcome email correct and how flawed their contact us is..... very angry....
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    batesy2000 wrote: »
    Is there a direct email address for them.
    You can amend the service at any time by ... emailing [EMAIL="gadgethelpline@tmti.net"]gadgethelpline@tmti.net[/EMAIL]
    As per a e-mail received 13/12/2010
  • batesy2000
    batesy2000 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Thank You very much for the info, I'll email them now :-)
  • Its easy to cancel
    go to gadget helpline dot com
    halfway down the page there is a big button that says cancellations
    click it and follow the instructions! it really is not complicated.:money:
    :j
  • hi i too got hit by this con men.
    I spent a lot of time out of the country and have quite a few direct debit going on for my kid and wife .
    so this sneaked in 2009 and has been running since at £18 every 6 months.
    I never ever got a letter from them and if i did i would obviously cancel .
    They claim it was in terms and conditions but as i pointed out to them if in the terms its hidden somewhere that i leave my whole wealth to them on death do they think any judge would listen to them.
    Law clearly states that if a person signs an agreement without fully understanding it its null and void.
    This is worse then PPI which you had to sign a seperate sheet .
    This is hidden in a sale of a product and mobiles.co.uk should be ashamed to be associated with this company.
    So i call them and a rude woman only kept saying its on the terms and conditions page online and if i wanted to cancel .
    I simply told her that if she wants she can cancel but i am seding my bank on them.
    Luckily my bank is ready to dispute this and issue me a charge back and will be talking to them very soon.
    I suggest anyone with similar problem should phone them and if they refuse to give a full refund for mis selling then contact your bank and once they become known to the banks ,the banks will actually take them to court (trust me banks do this often) and they can explain to a judge about this so called practise.
  • ranlaen wrote: »
    Law clearly states that if a person signs an agreement without fully understanding it its null and void.

Your understanding of English law is about as good as your understanding of the English language. Oh - and good luck with the bank!
  • Just cancelled mine after noticing first payment going out.

I'm a techy guy, my friends and family call on me if they have trouble with their computers, TV, etc. so when I saw this as part of my dial-a-phone package I knew I wanted to cancel before any direct debits went out.

My main issue is that when I went to cancel a few weeks back the site said you need a reference number which will be supplied on a welcome letter. I waited for this welcome letter and nothing, called and had a rant and they said it's a welcome email - to me working in digital marketing these two are very different and this is misleading by intention to keep you on their books.

They are going to refund me my payment - £5 cancellation fee, GRRRR crooks.
  • I too have got the gadget network when i didnt ask for it after buying a phone from dialaphone. To cancel it use the link at the bottom of the gadget helpline web page , enter your customer ref number, the bank account number used for the direct debit and then your email, press enter and i got an confirmation of cancellation within seconds.
  • kedj
    kedj Posts: 86 Forumite
    grumbler wrote: »
    As per a e-mail received 13/12/2010
    I also didn't receive the gadget helpline welcome message, which contains the reference number needed to cancel the policy online. I have been able to cancel by emailing gadgethelpline@tmti.net, as posted above. Thanks to grumbler!
  • Having just ordered a phone from E2Save my biggest problem with the Gadget Helpline is that you Have to take it, whether you want it or not. Even the mobile phone insurance has a remove option !
    Having said that the cancellation via the website appears straight forward (although have taken screen shots and cancelled the direct debit myself). But you shouldn't need to do this their should be a Remove option.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure