MoneySaving Poll: How much is your typical monthly mobile bill?

Options
Poll started 3 November 2014

How much is your typical monthly mobile bill?

Simple question – how much do you pay for your mobile in a typical month? If the amount varies, give us the rough average. This should include all costs.

Please choose ONE option closest to your circumstances:

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    No option for don't have one.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't see how the poll distinguishes between someone who paid £29 towards say an iPhone 6 and £45 a month and someone who paid £310 for the phone and only £25 a month.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Options
    Lowest range is too wide. Zero to £1 and a £1 to £5 options would be more useful.
  • giddyup
    giddyup Posts: 21 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Myself and my wife received £60 back each when we complained to 3 that when we renewed our contract with a free phone iphone 5 we were actually paying for the phone in the price so not technocally free industry wide they said but were quick to offer goodwill gesture
  • AlanRalph
    Options
    My 2-year contract with Three expired back in April - I decided that none of the upgrade options took my fancy, so I got Three to switch me to a SIM-only contract. My bill came down from £35/mo to £6.90/mo! As I mainly use it to receive calls and texts, and don't make much use of 3G data, I'm unlikely to go above that. Kept my iPhone 4S, as none of the upgrade offers took my fancy - I've gotten Three to unlock it, which they did for free. If and when I do replace it, I'll probably buy a nearly-new or used unlocked handset up-front, take out a new SIM-only contract, and get the 4S recycled.
  • bluebeary
    bluebeary Posts: 7,904 Forumite
    Options
    £17.99 for unlimted text, 500 minutes and 750 mb of data, tied until 2016 unfortunately, upgrade would cost me more than the phone
  • happyinflorida
    Options
    My £10 top up for my PAYG mobile phone has lasted me over 5 years now! I hate using mobiles and very, very rarely use it. I take it with me for emergencies mainly!

I think this poll has been very badly set up - it is not relevant to the many different types of mobile users!
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I hardly use my mobile, it's there just in case of an emergency while i'm out. So maybe about 10p a month.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • Alexiaonfire
    Options
    I think it's worth mentioning that some people, like myself, don't have a land line at home so I feel that I can justify paying slightly more for my mobile.

I think people not having a land line is becoming increasingly popular. I know quite a lot of people that have decided to get rid of their land line because they never use it, or only ever get sales calls through to it - maybe a topic for a future poll?
  • rejsystems
    Options
    Well I'm on the infamous One Plan that Three are in the process of ditching all their customers from.

Looks like I'm going to be paying a lot more now. The writing was on the wall when they stopped offering it with phones in March.

It allowed me to be able to afford a mobile and have broadband at home as I am on ESA which I would not have been able to do otherwise.

As my health makes it impossible to have BB installed and to leave of the house most days it looks like I'll have no BB and an even more miserable existence.

Sorry to rant a bit but an anxiety disorder has not been helped by this news.

I am not in the group who say Three can't do it, I recognise they are within their legal right just highly inconvenient for myself :/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure