MyCSP-Are Pensions being paid on time?

I make a habit of logging in to Capita Hartshead each month to confirm the amount of pension to be paid. This month, I found myself transferred to MyCSP when trying to log in. Who on earth are they? It appears they now administer Civil Service Pensions. I looked for a way to set up a login to check my pension payment, and could find none.
So I rang MyCSP and (after a very long wait to speak to an advisor)asked (i) why was I not informed my pension payment arrangements had changed; and (ii) how could I log in to view my next payment. To (i), I was told there was the fabled "letter in the post" advising me of the change; and (ii) there was no way of viewing my details online and no timescale in which such a facility would be available!
Naturally I'm now worried I won't get paid when my first payment through them is due on 10 October. Anyone have experience yet of payments being made or missed?

Comments

• gdm1
    gdm1 Posts: 9 Forumite
    My payment was due on September 13th but despite 2 calls to CSP nothing as yet. I was on holiday overseas when I noticed so called them to find out what is going on. I have just received my mobile phone bill. As no payment received phoned again a week later. Same story which is that 1000's of pension accounts were suspended when responsibility was transferred from Capita. Telephoned again this week, back in UK by now, and it seems along with large numbers of pensioners relying on these payments I just have to wait. No proactive approach from CSP, no letter, no response or acknowledgement to emails, no telephone responses, no interim payment. Nothing. I'm now having to transfer money out of savings and I'm not optimistic that Octobers payment will be on time. A formal complaint will be sent tomorrow asking for compensation. Come on CSP this is no way to treat your customers.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    http://www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk/news/mycsp-takes-on-administration-of-pensions-in-payment-and-deferred-member-records/

"I am receiving a Civil Service pension:

How will this affect me?
    Your pension payments will not be affected by this change and you will continue to receive them in the same way and on the same date; but if you need to contact MyCSP about the scheme, you will need to use the new contact details."

It seems they were rather optimistic. Have you tried TPAS for assistance? http://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/security-of-pensions

Have you contacted your MP?
  • gdm1
    Yes I will contact the pension assistance organisation today. Sending a copy of the complaint letter to my MP is a good idea - thanks. I'm surprised the media has not picked up on this if it is as widespread as CSP imply. Checked my bank account this morning and still no payment.
  • Oh my this doesn't hold out much hope for me! I am still awaiting for them to calculate my pension (retired 29/8/14), it is going back and forth from Shared Services to MYCSP due to lack of information from one to another. I thought retirement was going to be a bit less stress free! MYCPS is still Capita but they are now not at Hartshead, employees have been redeployed or taken packages! So Capita are doing all pensions, wages and JSA claims! This has been a nightmare for me as I have now found out that my team leader didn't put my holiday pay and flexi on my Term1, so now have to wait until end of October for that - had to ring Shared Services to find that out! So cant do Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction none of which can be done until I have know much I am to get with my DWP pension! Dread my phone bill - altho they will ring you back if you ask.
  • Steve489
    Steve489 Posts: 29 Forumite
    I sent my pension claim forms to Capita in early June for a pension due for payment in early October. Capita did not correspond and I only found out in late August from MyCSP that MyCSP were taking over pension payments in September. I've been checking with MyCSP every couple of days whether they are going to pay my lump sum on time.They won't give me a date but assure me the backlog of lump sum payments is being dealt with as a priority. It seems the handover over from Capita to MyCSP has been mismanaged and insufficient staff have been assigned to handle the case work. I've already lodged an informal complaint for lack of progress and poor communications. If the payment date is missed, I'll lodge a formal Stage 1 IDR complaint, send a letter to MyCSP's Managing Director and refer the issue to my MP requesting the Cabinet Office investigate what's gone wrong. I'll also be claiming compensation for each day the payment is late.
  • drewstew
    drewstew Posts: 16 Forumite
    Steve489 wrote: »
    .......... If the payment date is missed, I'll lodge a formal Stage 1 IDR complaint, .........

Thanks for this. I'm not reassured by any of the comments that I'll be paid my pension next week, so I'm grateful for the above, which I didn't know about. I found a link if others wish to view by Googling "Stage 1 IDR complaint", but the rules of the site do not allow me to share the link.
    The downside is they have 4 months in which to issue a "decision"!
  • drewstew
    drewstew Posts: 16 Forumite
    drewstew wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I'm not reassured by any of the comments that I'll be paid my pension next week, so I'm grateful for the above, which I didn't know about. I found a link if others wish to view by Googling "Stage 1 IDR complaint", but the rules of the site do not allow me to share the link.
    The downside is they have 4 months in which to issue a "decision"!

Oh, and by the way, still no sign of the "letter in the post"
  • gdm1
    Written formal complaint copied to my MP and the Pensions Advisory Service in the post today as still no payment. My weekly telephone call to MyCSP will be on Monday. Will keep you posted. Wish me luck!
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    drewstew wrote: »
    Oh, and by the way, still no sign of the "letter in the post"
    Maybe it is a choice between getting the payment (sometime) or getting a letter saying it will be late, sorry, and this has made it even later.

Sometimes it is dead easy to mail everyone involved, other times it is not. It would also depend on when (if ever) someone has actually put their head above the parapet and said "we can't do it by then". Project managers generally don't want to hear bad news even though when it is "official" they always say "why didn't you tell me".
  • BoxerfanUK
    BoxerfanUK Posts: 686 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Received my pension payment on time 17th Sept.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure