PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 23 June 2017

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 23 June 2017 at 7:22AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Friday 23 June 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Light, dry but cloudy and much cooler.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit. Will see if I need to do a wash.

Dinner last night was egg, bacon, sausage, chips/jacket potato, beans and mushrooms. Tonight will be the pork, potatoes, veg and gravy.

Training was ok yesterday but took the whole morning, as they ran late, so by the time I'd got home, picked up what I needed, went to town to visit bank and building society then went to next town I'd used up most of the day. Today I'll be going food shopping first thing, then using the day to get some housework done, do the ironing and I may do some baking/cooking depending on how I feel later. Have had a bit of a mood dip and I feel a bit low at the moment, hoping I can keep it in check and not get worse.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good morning.

The sky is dark and heavy looking already here and I should still be asleep.

This morning DM and I are going into town, she for new shoes and me for a TV. Then we'll be re-arranging the spare room again. I recently bought a set of furniture gliders which make things so much easier. In fact the link was posted on the site, can't remember if it was on this board. If so, a huge thanks!

As I was going to be away I asked the decorator to continue and do the bathroom too, better that way.

I've got some YS ready made egg mayo to have this morning and a YS cauliflower cheese for later, all very 'white' and comforting.

Happy Friday everyone.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all

TFI Friday, I'm looking after DD1's children this afternoon as she has a hospital appointment.

I need to speak to the plumber and get him to sort out the leak, I wonder how much this will cost me and what will break next!

Have a good day everyone.
    Hug Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

It's wet and windy here, hoping it clears up a bit for the school trips today. One is ok as it is in a leisure centre, the other to an indoor play park for a couple of hours then to the park for a picnic lunch. I'll be glad when they are all over, too much stress organising these things!

Had an emergency call from DD yesterday afternoon, it seems she strained muscles in her neck and shoulder (probably from putting together my table and benches - it did say a 2 man job), she could hardly move so I took her for painkillers and to see the pharmacist. Left her with a heat pack and a spray of deep heat type stuff. She was able to move a little more by the time she went to bed so hopefully she'll be a lot better today. Just glad she hasn't started her new job yet.

I was meant to be going swimming this morning but didn't get myself organised in time - I'll go tomorrow!

Hope you all have a happy Friday. Take care. XX
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 June 2017 at 6:54AM
    Morning :wave:

I should still be asleep too Gers!!

Tired..that's me.

That pesky wasp keeps coming back but I think I've blocked all it's access points as I think it may have been getting in the window frame and making a nest there too...fingers crossed it goes elsewhere!

Warning, look away now if squeamish or eating breakfast!

In other news, Yesterday I scraped a large piece skin off the knuckle of my middle finger. The flap of skin is still there but I've got dirt under it, it's seeping liquid, it's swollen and it hurts.

Any O/S remedies gratefully received. I'm a great believer in letting the 'air' get to things to heal them but I'll have to put a plaster on it for work or else I'll keep catching the skin. :( I can hardly bend the finger so work is going to be tricky to say the least!

First world problems, but annoying none the less:o

Have a good day one and all :) x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a lot cooler here this morning, feels quite comfortable again after the last few days. I was up bright and early and have already showered and got dressed. Hubby has left for work in a good mood as it's his half day today and DD17 has just come down for some breakfast before school.

I have my friend coming over this morning for a coffee and natter, it will be so lovely to see her. My lovely CMHT lady came to see me yesterday as I put out an SOS as I have been struggling a bit. She wants me to see my psychiatrist but I really don't like her and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Anyway, the only thing she will want to do is add to my medication and I am already rattling with all the pills I take for various issues.

I was going to have a chinese takeaway for dinner tonight but we can't really afford it and I also have too much food in the house so I am going to cook pork loin steaks dipped in egg and then stuffing mix with mash and baked beans. I'm sure it will be a far better meal for me anyway rather than a takeaway. I made a cottage pie yesterday with a load of the veg that was delivered the other day. It was very tasty and very low in calories so a win win.

I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Good morning all :wave:

Another one in the saga that is my world;

Up at 5 am this morning thanks to losing my keys last night and pretty much stressing about it all night. Its bin day (fortunately just the paper bin) and I convinced myself I had thrown the keys away when I was tidying yesterday. Cue me dragging the bin into the garden and pulling it all out .....no keys but I did realise I probably drink too much wine :rotfl: might go for a week off it next week if only to help the bin men carry this stuff :) Another hour of panic searching and a few tears (I have Dads key ring on them which I got him when I was a kid and couldn't believe I had lost it after 2 weeks of having it ) Lifted a sweatshirt to fold up and there they were :) Such a relief I hate losing things

One more for the mum saga ...I rang last night and during the conversation told her her slippers had arrived that she had asked me to order for her and her 2018 calendar ....response......."oh lucky me" (riddled with sarcasm) :mad: so I calmly said I had to go as my dinner was ready and left her to stew.

Food today....not a clue but probably somat from the freezer work to crack on with so nothing much more exciting on the books

Have a great day all and keep those keys safe :D
  • Nelski
    karcher wrote: »
    Morning :wave:

I should still be asleep too Gers!!

Tired..that's me.

That pesky wasp keeps coming back but I think I've blocked all it's access points as I think it may have been getting in the window frame and making a nest there too...fingers crossed it goes elsewhere!

Warning, look away now if squeamish or eating breakfast!

In other news, Yesterday I scraped a large piece skin off the knuckle of my middle finger. The flap of skin is still there but I've got dirt under it, it's seeping liquid, it's swollen and it hurts.

Any O/S remedies gratefully received. I'm a great believer in letting the 'air' get to things to heal them but I'll have to put a plaster on it for work or else I'll keep catching the skin. :( I can hardly bend the finger so work is going to be tricky to say the least!

First world problems, but annoying none the less:o

Have a good day one and all :) x

sounds like it should be a sick day to me ......;);) on a serious note you do need to try to clean it if you can stand the pain...dirt in cuts not good :(

Duvet day for sure xx
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for starting us off nmlc

It was busy in Aldi first thing yesterday morning and they didn’t have everything that I needed, so I need to pop out shortly and pick up the remaining few bits I need.

I managed to get the gifts for my neighbour’s daughter and for someone who had helped me out with a problem without too much of a struggle. I was lucky to find gifts that I think they will like. I often find it difficult to think about what the person I am buying for would like, and not what I like.

Nannywind and nelski – I’m sorry that you are both being taken for granted in the way that you are. It must be really hard for you when you are bending over backwards to help your respective parents. A lot of people just wouldn’t bother.

I don’t really have any other plans for today other than pottering around and getting a few odd jobs done.

Right, time to go and get another cup of tea and something for breakfast before getting on with the day.

I hope that you all have a good day whatever you are doing.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Nelski wrote: »
    sounds like it should be a sick day to me ......;);) on a serious note you do need to try to clean it if you can stand the pain...dirt in cuts not good :(

Duvet day for sure xx

I wish ;) xx

I don't know what to clean it with. On closer inspection with my glasses on I think it's already infected as the seeping stuff has dried yellow :(
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Nelski
    karcher wrote: »
    I wish ;) xx

I don't know what to clean it with. On closer inspection with my glasses on I think it's already infected as the seeping stuff has dried yellow :(

can you get to a pharmacy? I find they are really good at deciding what needs to happen next. Take care love and dont leave it to chance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure