Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Comments

• Morning ladies.

I had a small amount of brown bleeding this morning when I woke up. I don't have any pain, so I am not totally freaking out yet, but it is really scary. Spoke to the doctor already who booked me in for an appointment later this morning. She said is may just be implantation bleeding coming out and was really reassuring so I am just trying to relax as much as I can.

My lack of symptoms has me a little concerned too, especially when everyone keeps telling you m/s is a sign of a healthy pregnancy. I will talk to the docs about this. Maybe they can do some blood tests to check my HcG and progesterone levels to reassure me all is well.

Really want this one to stick. Not much I can do but wait I guess.

Hi devildolly

Not sure how far along you are but I only had tiredness and went off alcohol for the first 7-8 weeks. I then had mild m/s around 7-9 weeks before it turned into the bane of my life along with an insane sense of smell. This stuck until about 19/20 weeks. My mum freaked me out by saying she was worried I didn't have m/s. Actually some people are lucky and just don't, or it might turn up further down the line!

It's a really tricky stage - so much waiting and i admire your apparent calmness (unless you are like me and churning secretly on the inside! Tried my best to be calm but gosh it's hard to do in practise. Just had to keep telling myself to take it one moment at a time)

Good luck to all!

*runs off back to big girl's thread and watching murder she wrote*
    Met DH to be 2010
    Moved in and engaged 2011
    Married 2012
    Bought a house 2013
    Expecting our first 2014 :T
  • Devil dolly - anyone who says m/s means a healthy pregnancy is a complete lie......not everyone gets sickness, I would say mine is about medium but a bit better than my first pregnancy. To be honest I think doctors say this to make the ladies experiencing bad sickness not feel so bad.

I know of people who have had no sickness and babies are completely healthy, then I know someone who had terrible sickness throwing up everyday and they had a very unwell child born with a lifelong condition.

So don't worry and be pleased as punch you have no sickness cos I would be if that was me hehe

I hope it goes well at the doctors for you.
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    I agree with Jediquigley, I mentioned something to my Dr about morning sickness & not feeling too bad and they said that it isn't necessarily a good sign if you have it or not so I wouldn't worry about that.

On the subject of morning sickness though, I didn't have it too bad with DD1, just felt nauseous but was never actually sick & I always assumed it would be a different feeling to what you get if you had food poisoning type sickness ? but yesterday afternoon suddenly I was throwing up constantly and still feel really crappy today - does it feel different to having eaten something that's disagreed with you or fairly similar ! I'm hoping that it is something I ate and not the start of being sick for the next 6 weeks or so.
  • Morning!

Just a quick update on DW.

She had her first midwife appointment a few days ago having had to wait for a doctors appointment that she could actually get away from work for (work obviously don't know yet so she had to say she had a meeting!). Anyway, because of the wait the midwife has now made her think that she's left things really late and that things are going to be a rush now. That appointment was just a booking in type so she has her proper appointment next Friday - again, with working and having to keep things hushed up she has struggled to get a convenient appointment. By then she will be almost 11weeks with no 12wk scan date confirmed!
    I remember reading a post on here that made me think there was a thing in the 12 week scan that could only be detected during a small window of opportunity??? With things the way they are we are likely to have a late 12week scan so what may we miss out on?

She's also still feeling vile with morning sickness so having this 'rush' put on her is not helping! Lol. Needless to say I am trying to remain calm and do as much as I can for her... She's pretty high maintenance at the best of times so you can imagine what things are like at the moment! :rotfl:
  • DHF - if they measure nuchal fold to estimate down's syndrome risk this needs to be done in weeks 12-14 I think so probably what you are thinking of.
    Met DH to be 2010
    Moved in and engaged 2011
    Married 2012
    Bought a house 2013
    Expecting our first 2014 :T
  • Back from the docs. All is OK. She was not overly worried, just gave me a check up. I just need to get in contact again if the bleeding gets heavier or I notice any sudden pain.

I am just taking this in my stride, as worrying is futile. I think I have just lost confidence in my body to do what it needs to do.

Thanks for all the reassurance re m/s. The doc said the same, so I am going to consider myself lucky from now on.

Big hugs to all who are suffering one way or another.
  • DHF - if they measure nuchal fold to estimate down's syndrome risk this needs to be done in weeks 12-14 I think so probably what you are thinking of.

Ah yes that was it! If we have until 14 weeks we should be OK. Thanks
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi ladies,

Hope we are all doing ok. Saw dr today and nearly cried lol but she was lovely and said i can go back anytime.

Booked midwife too for the 22nd.

Devildolly - i barely had any sickness with dd . Just felt a tiny but queasy first thing. Definitely not always a bad sign. Glad dr thinks all is ok.
  • hippihaz
    hippihaz Posts: 115 Forumite
    Glad your ok devildolly
    Had my blood test results back today and my bhcg levels have doubled from 1780 to 4783, so feeling a bit more hopeful now, although wont be able to rule out an ectopic until scan in 2 weeks, just trying to keep calm and relaxed! Supposed to be flying to america though day after the scan, so having extra worries that if they do find an ectopic I then cant go on my holiday either! x
  • ***de-lurking***

devildolly - I am currently 13 weeks pregnant and have had no morning sickness whatsoever and baby has measured perfectly at the 3 scans I've had so far. I think they only say that the sicker you are the healthier the baby to make those who are very sick feel better about themselves. I worried myself silly over it, especially even after reading that statement in a couple of books, but now I've been counting myself lucky so hopefully you manage to dodge it too!

downhillfast - they measure the nuchal fold to measure risk of Downs between 11-14 weeks depending on your local area, but as I found out at my scan if baby is not co-operating and is not laying in the right position they won't be able to measure it anyways! My sonographer said that they can also do the Downs screening via blood test at 15 weeks, and according to some ladies on the other thread some areas only do the Downs screening via bloods anyways, so try not to worry too much.

***relurking to the other thread***
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure