Pots of gold help!

Comments

• rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Lol I knew you would ask! ... I have 3 football ones which a friend has asked me to make for her. And then Saveapenny put up a link to some lovely all wooden ones so I want to try and adapt one of them to see if I can make it work for me ... I would like to do the snowman one pictured below ... but my own version

00000.jpg

I love that snowman one - he's gorgeous isn't he :D I saw saveapenny's post and did have a moment where I thought, I've got to buy more door hangers but don't think I have the time, maybe an idea to shelve for next year... ;)
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Thanks Mary, I have been out this morning and bought blue paint ... so this will be a first for me as I normally use wallpaper ... fingers crossed it goes ok though!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • nicola00
    nicola00 Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nicola that looks fab!! well done!!

Your pics can be changed as you go to upload them. Before you click on the blue button there is a drop down menu which lets you change the picture size. I always use large as they fit nicely to the forum size.

photo.jpg

Ahh I see now,thanks Rusty
  • Tescos have 5x small bars of dark 70% chocolate in a brown cardboard outer. These are 39p for the 5 bars and are wait for it.... gold wrapped. (On the choccy isle)
    Loving the dtd thread. x
  • Kandipandi
    Kandipandi Posts: 1,656 Forumite
    Here are my little pots of gold, i posted the on the hamper forum as im adding them into my hampers, but here goes :

Total about £3.50 (each \ish)

littlepotsofgoldrd9.jpg
    potofgoldgk1.jpg
    You can stand there and agonize........
    Till your agony's your heaviest load. (Emily Saliers)
  • bec5670
    bec5670 Posts: 42 Forumite
    th_S6300676.jpg

I have made these for friends at work using a square shaped vase from Tesco sale. Think they were just under £2. Used werthers, 2 lots of goldy coloured roses chocolates from a local cheap shop and tescos own dairy toffees in shiny gold wrapper. Am going to attach a label with poem on and a scratchcard.

Rebecca
  • nicola00
    nicola00 Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Kandipandi wrote: »
    Here are my little pots of gold, i posted the on the hamper forum as im adding them into my hampers, but here goes :

littlepotsofgoldrd9.jpg
    potofgoldgk1.jpg

Well done you looks good, love the tags
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Kandipandi wrote: »

littlepotsofgoldrd9.jpg
    potofgoldgk1.jpg

Hi, They look fab. Can I ask where you got the gold holders from - are they candle holders by any chance?? Thinking of pinching the idea for xmas table instead of buying crackers.

Thanks
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • SeaBee
    SeaBee Posts: 360 Forumite
    As I am using mine as table favours (instead of crackers) I have used some scrunched up cello to bulk the bottom, then Werthers, coins and a sprinkling of gold star confetti that I had lying around.

I picked up the bowls from our local outlet centre (can't remember the name of the shop) They were 6 for £2

Loving the different styles that everyone has created :T

P1010001%20(2)%20(Copy).JPG
  • Can I ask, what is everyone putting as poems for gift tags for their post of gold? I'm thinkingg of doing a special one for my FIL as his Christmas present (with a special gold treat hidden among the coins and scratchcards)

Thanks!:confused:
    In a better financial position than ever before (thank you MSE!). Moved back to Scotland and now trying to keep debt-free!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure