Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    beanielou wrote: »
    Abbafan~~If you are not at target yet why dont you change it to 10 stone (or 10 0.5 & that way you have you 3 lbs ebach way so could go down to 9 11 or up as far as 10 3.
    Food for thought.
    Well done on biggest looser :)

abbafan~~ did my response not make sense~think it was a bit muddled :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm confused by the whole target thing, I've been told in 3 groups you can only change it up or down 7 lbs and that's before you get to target. It really annoyed me and I think it most unfair.

1LB on for me on Saturday - which wasn't at all a surprise, last week was a bit of a disaster with work etc so I wasn't focused.

3.5 weeks now until my holidays - so need to get my head down.
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 March 2017 at 10:01AM
    Todays plan for me:
    B: Cup of Tea, FF Yog with berries
    L: Covent Garden Skinny Soup (HExB) Melon
    D: Courgetti with mushy pea sauce(broccoli, leek, broad beans and onion)
    HExA - milk with tea
    Syns - I had a sneaky piece of Oreo cheesecake made by DD in food tech. Say 10 Syns :D
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • Hi everyone, I didn't weigh in this week. I am going on Friday morning though.
    Today's plan
    He a milk
    Heb chia seeds
    B watermelon balls, pomegranate,strawberries, 2tbsp chia and total yogurt (3)
    L egg, sw chips and beetroot
    D sw quiche, salad

Will use some syns with Broadchurch this evening. Probably babybels and grapes or hifi bars
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2017 at 11:49AM
    lantanna wrote: »
    I'm confused by the whole target thing, I've been told in 3 groups you can only change it up or down 7 lbs and that's before you get to target. It really annoyed me and I think it most unfair.

I've just checked my book and it depends how you read it, and whether you've set a Parsonal Achievement Target or left it to 'wait and see'.

When I got to target before, I'd never been slim in my life and I didn't really believe I could be so I set 1 stone interim targets and then reset them each time I got there, which obviously fits in with the 7lb minimum adjustment, but I called target after maintaining for 4 weeks and I was within a few pounds of my interim which doesn't.

I guess it depends on the consultant at the group.

LL :)

Eta p.s. It's interesting that SW have a minimum weight you can set as your PAT (based on height) but not a maximum.
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hello all, hope you've had a good weekend. I did my ten mile race yesterday and went for a lovely big pub lunch afterwards :D I'm stiff as a board today from running into the wind, have just dropped my car off for its MOT and walked the two miles home hoping that would loosen me up a bit but no luck.

It's not me with the Greggs lattes ATT, but I am a bit addicted to Greggs in general so maybe you were thinking of that?!

Matron Midge - are chia seeds a HEB? Two tablespoons?

Can anyone help with a syn value please? I've just bought some Tesco 0% fat Greek style honey yoghurt and can't find it anywhere - hope that means it's free like the Muller ones but does anyone know for sure please?

Plan for today:
    B - Fruit mix (melon, pineapple, grapes, blueberries and raspberries - yes I know it's mostly not speed) with above mentioned yoghurt
    D - Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, onion, carrot and tomato omeletty thing
    T - TCC chicken leek and sweet pot pie

Then I need to have willpower and not eat anymore when I come in starving from yoga at 8.30pm.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!

Can anyone help with a syn value please? I've just bought some Tesco 0% fat Greek style honey yoghurt and can't find it anywhere - hope that means it's free like the Muller ones but does anyone know for sure please?

According to the app it looks like it's 4.5 syns for a 450g pot if I've found the right one
    Zebras rock
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Think I'm leaving my group, again.........

I'm literally paying the woman a fiver for nothing each week.

Going to weigh myself for now on a Friday, may return again in future its just what it seems to make sense to do right now!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    That only applies to target members Denise, Abbafan hasn't reached target yet.

Well done for Biggest Loser Abbafan. :T

Didn't realise it was only for target members. Sorry Abbafan for misleading you.

Denise
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    kathrynha wrote: »
    According to the app it looks like it's 4.5 syns for a 450g pot if I've found the right one

Thank you - it does come in a 450g pot so I guess it's that one. I'll say 1 syn then for the amount I had.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport