Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area

Comments

• josie
    josie Posts: 3,106 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    jasmine57 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the clubcard vouchers usually take to appear as Airmiles once you've converted them at the Tesco website. The website says 'upto 28 days', but has anyone any experience of how long it actually took. Am looking to book a flight quite soon and am slightly concerned they may not be on my account in time.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if you've signed up to get them converted each quarter or just done a one off or something. Mine always go in before I get my statement and are really quick.

I'm also on the 80 airmiles conversion rate and I got it in about 2001/2002 when Tesco took over from Sainsbury's as the airmiles supermarket and it was an offer Tesco did to try and woo Sainsbury's shoppers - Worked for me ever since and I'm still on the 80 miles rate!

Hope they don't cotton on and drop it back to 60!
  • josie wrote: »
    Not sure if you've signed up to get them converted each quarter or just done a one off or something. Mine always go in before I get my statement and are really quick.

I'm also on the 80 airmiles conversion rate and I got it in about 2001/2002 when Tesco took over from Sainsbury's as the airmiles supermarket and it was an offer Tesco did to try and woo Sainsbury's shoppers - Worked for me ever since and I'm still on the 80 miles rate!

Hope they don't cotton on and drop it back to 60!

I'm on the 80 mile rate too, don't think you've anything to worry about! I've just got over 10,000 miles for my free flight to Auz next year, hopefully will book it before Christmas now. I've saved 10,000 miles in less than a year. Just trying to save a few more now to reduce the cost of my friends flight.
  • josie
    josie Posts: 3,106 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I'm on the 80 mile rate too, don't think you've anything to worry about! I've just got over 10,000 miles for my free flight to Auz next year, hopefully will book it before Christmas now. I've saved 10,000 miles in less than a year. Just trying to save a few more now to reduce the cost of my friends flight.

Ooh, come on then, share some tips please :j
  • Did anyone else get ths Shell Optimax voucher with their last Airmiles statement? It sounds great, especially if you drive a lot and have a company fuelcard.

It's for 500 extra Shell Drivers Club points whenever you fill up with 30 litres or more of Shell Optimax Unleaded or Diesel, (which is usually about 5p a litre more expensive, unfortunately)
    500 points = 25 Airmiles
    So should work out about 1 Airmile per litre of fuel roughly.
    I just fill up 30 litres at a time to maximise my Airmiles.
    Promotion runs until 14 December I think.

Keep your reciepts...cashiers often make mistakes and don't swipe your card at the right time. And the admin for Drivers' Club is terrible but for this amout of potential miles it's worth taking them on.

Good luck!
  • ozvaldinho wrote: »
    Did anyone else get ths Shell Optimax voucher with their last Airmiles statement? It sounds great, especially if you drive a lot and have a company fuelcard.

It's for 500 extra Shell Drivers Club points whenever you fill up with 30 litres or more of Shell Optimax Unleaded or Diesel, (which is usually about 5p a litre more expensive, unfortunately)
    500 points = 25 Airmiles
    So should work out about 1 Airmile per litre of fuel roughly.
    I just fill up 30 litres at a time to maximise my Airmiles.
    Promotion runs until 14 December I think.

Keep your reciepts...cashiers often make mistakes and don't swipe your card at the right time. And the admin for Drivers' Club is terrible but for this amout of potential miles it's worth taking them on.

Good luck!

I had one offering 50 free bonus miles when registering a new card and luckily the Shell is the cheapest station near me.

Re collection: Tesco has been a good one for me, however I have 8 Tesco accounts having opened one at various addresses of family members! I also use my mums Tesco vouchers. I also bought empty ink cartridges off Ebay and send them off for vouchers with old mobile phones - TIP: Buy them abroad, they are cheaper than buying them in the UK from Ebay.

I have an airmiles credit card and so does my mum and friend. For the purpose of Airmiles, my friend has 'moved house' to our household along with my mum so we are now one household account. She is my 'step sister' ;) .

Hope that helps, haven't got time to go into detail - late for work!
  • 750 FREE Airmiles when you sign up for a Lloyds TSB current account before 30th January 2009!

More information

Sign up for an account (via phone only - 0800 085 9175, option 1) and you get 250 Airmiles, credited within 30 days of opening the account.

Then pay in at least £1,500 to the account over the following three months to receive a further 500 Airmiles within 30 days of the total being reached.
  • 750 FREE Airmiles when you sign up for a Lloyds TSB current account before 30th January 2009!

More information

Sign up for an account (via phone only - 0800 085 9175, option 1) and you get 250 Airmiles, credited within 30 days of opening the account.

Then pay in at least £1,500 to the account over the following three months to receive a further 500 Airmiles within 30 days of the total being reached.

It works really quickly, too!
    • 25 Nov - Open the account over the phone
    • 26 Nov - Post previous message on MSE forums
    • 27 Nov - Receive welcome pack through post. Am asked to visit a Lloyds TSB branch to provide identification.
    • 28 Nov - Visit branch and activate account.
    • 01 Dec - Transfer £5,000 from Tesco Personal Finance account (now the Clubcard bonus day has passed) into new account.
    • 02 Dec - Fast-transfer out £4,999.99 of new Lloyds TSB current account to my normal savings account.
    • 03 Dec - Am awarded 250 airmiles for opening the account, as well as 500 airmiles for transferring in at least £1,500 - despite the T&Cs stating the account must be open for three months first.
    Wow - I don't think it could possibly have been any quicker or easier!
  • Stuart,

I'm in the process of opening an account for the additional airmiles as you have.
    Question - Can my wife open one as well and claim the airmiles onto our airmiles account?

With Thanks
  • m00head
    m00head Posts: 147 Forumite
    • 01 Dec - Transfer £5,000 from Tesco Personal Finance account (now the Clubcard bonus day has passed) into new account.

You may want to transfer that back again as the deadline has been extended - this is from this weeks tips e-mail:
    Did you open a Tesco savings account in Nov? The deadline to deposit savings and get the clubcard points has been extended to 31 Dec due to high demand for the account. Full Guide: Tesco Loophole
  • thanks for this link, DH & i opened up an account over the phone as we both have the lloyds tsb duo credit cards, we need to deposit 1500 each in order to get 1500 airmiles, worth a shot i think, easy way to boost your airmiles.
    Debt Free date March 09:D hopefully sooner!
    £ 1640- virgin card
    £ 441.76- bank loan

total was £3891.20
    now £ 2081.76
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business