Textbroker - Writing for money (not vouchers)

Comments

• Textbroker is legit. Why do you say it is spam?
  • I just want to say Thank You so much for all the information you provide. I have been thinking about becoming a Blogger myself,and am so new to this that I had no clue there were ways to make money from it,I just enjoy writing and have always wanted to since I was a little girl.
  • It's been dead today in the open orders pool, worse than usual.
  • Frognostic
    Frognostic Posts: 26 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 11:36PM
    I've had two revision requests in the space of week with one client accusing me of using an article spinner (I'd done no such thing) and saying they wanted to reject it but didn't know how, which is a new record for me. I put the latter client on my blacklist, wanted to tell them where to go but thought better of it.

I'm concerned that despite their criticisms they'll take the article and publish it anyway, without paying me.

I need to find my way out of content mill drudgery but I just can't figure out how, despite all the google searches and blog articles I've read about it.
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Just wondering is anyone still using textbroker? I stopped for a while as busy with other stuff and there seemed to be little work, but started again this week and had quite a few jobs through.

Like the previous poster I never managed the jump from the content mills to completely freelance poster, but it's just nice to get paid for writing and the extra cash is definitely handy.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• Many years ago I had an account on there, but I haven't visited the site for ages. I wonder if it's worth re-registering..

When I was on there I found that there wasn't much work available for me, as I hadn't reached the higher levels/grades that they give you. But then I couldn't progress to the higher levels because I hadn't been given any work! Vicious circle really.
    It is not because things are difficult that we dare not venture
    It is because we dare not venture that they are difficult

SENECA
  • Bmth100
    Bmth100 Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    I've been using Textbroker on and off since 2011 and it's not as good as it used to be, that's for sure.

At university, in 2012, I was part of a group for eBay buying guides and made approximately 2,500 Euros in the space of a few months. It helped with university living costs, that's for sure! However, I've not seen anything beyond 10-15 Euros in quite a long time, short of a 100 Euro article I managed to snag a few months ago.

I use two content mills at the moment; Textbroker and Upwork. Upwork is good for fairly-paid work (recently completed a $3,500 contract in the space of 3 ish months) , but the drawback is that you have to win the contracts. On the flipside, Textbroker lets you pick up whatever you want, but it's not well paid.

I find that Textbroker is best if you spend a few spare minutes here and there writing 500-600 words (approx. 6-7 Euros at 4 star rating). By doing it regularly, you slowly build up a reasonable balance, which I'm using to chip away extra from credit cards.

I'm interested to know if either of you use any other freelancing platforms? I know there are tonnes of reviews out there, but sifting through the !!!! and the good is difficult. I'd like to branch out to a third if possible.

Like you, frognostic & alibobsy, I would like to make the leap to not using content mills, but it's very difficult. Thankfully, a friend of a friend has given me a £120 per week gig for his blog, but I don't know how to build a presence online and go solo..
  • fewgroats
    fewgroats Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Where do these clients get their ideas for SEO from? Why would repeating a phrase 35 times work?
    Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.
  • Bmth100
    Bmth100 Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    Pleasantly surprised to have finally been made a 5-Star!
  • Robinette
    Robinette Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ALIBOBSY wrote: »
    Robinette
    So far so good, great, personal customer service interaction by email so far. Accepted quickly on my application and completed the trail piece today. Wish me luck!

Ali x

Good luck!! This is what I meant by 'a breath of fresh air' - a company that is always accessible and genuinely cares about its freelancers. Other companies should take note!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure