PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sunday pleasures,

Driving to the yard early doors and listening to the radio heard the most beautiful rendition of I Vow to Thee my Country, sung by Beck Goldsmith. Moved me to tears and fitting sentiment for a Remembrance Sunday.

Bright and cold morning, watching my mare kicking up her heels once she was turned out in her field.

No sign of eldest hollow legged one who was expected for full english brunch, after a couple of hours of worrying and telephone calls he finally answered, said had migraine? we have had concerns for a few months as just not himself lately?

Across the fields with the dogs, my old lady showed enthusiasm so couldn't leave her behind but had to dose her up a bit in the evening as stiff and sore.

Out into the garden at just gone 10 for final doggy comfort break, so cold could see my breath but sky full of stars and the little owls were calling in the beech trees, love my home.
  • 5 Have returned to the boiler room at the mill. Seems while the cat was away, they had a major enforced password change! Sugar, I missed it and have not bin able to log in to my mails! No loss there. Of the emails when I got in were 63 new items, of which 3 were significant! Recycle bin used! Of them emails, one was about some new cloth coming to the mill to be turned into money bags! All is well as I need the money bags! And those who though BoP would not fit back into his trousers on his return, I have good news. I have! So there! Beach ready still even after such a nourishing time!

4 I forgets to mention that Raffles, also called Raffles Dazzles on the court where BoP resides, had an adventure in the brambles. Unfortunately, the brambles won and BoP has had to clean him up. As his front paws we muddled, I had limited time as his paws were loose, I still managed to come off unscathed! Raffles is currently in a mega sulk, but is responsive to his treats!

3 Gosh the day is dragging! Me I has my rustic biscuit of stem ginger, the one that looks a cat whisker, with some chocolate, Bourneville type, with the usual cheese and salad. More later! Oh, and the xmas cake has just had its thirst drink! There will be more!

PM2DD I was not going to mention the football! I am actually chewing wasps at the moment as BoPsie is now only one win away from two on the bounce at Scrabble. Please think of BoP while he is chewing wasps!

Beware as they can sting!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have been cold all day!
    And need to go out and do another dog walk!

For today :)
    Frosty dog walk.
    The boxes in my room are empty! Hurrah!
    Did 2 runs to recycle paper.
    Popped in to see friends.
    Had a mini snoozette but woke up even more freezing and heating's been on since.
    Paid the remainder of 2017-18 council tax. I'd had 6 months free as house was empty so I'm glad I'm here as would be charged regardless!
    Chats with girls.
    Had a big list of things to do and did a lot. New list for tomorrow.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Evening all - I need to get to do some work tonight so hoping writing these will inspire me..

Pleasures for the last few:

1. Had a good time in ICT. worked on Friday and then DD and OH came. We went to the new cafe bar for dinner with friends as one has just been offered a job :T she was made redundant in the summer. I had a (rare for me) pizza
    2. Got up on Saturday early to get the train to Pwllhelli for more coast path. Walked Criccieth to Pwllheli, stopping in a cemetery that overlooked the sea to observe the armistice. Ended up - as ever - in the pub :beer: Cold pizza on the train for breakfast
    3. OH and I then went to the local cinema where there was an African film festival. I'd have liked to see one or two more but glad to see what we did - an Ethiopian film called "Difret"
    4. A big fry up yesterday after our circuit of the beach was rained off. Then drove to Brum for a concert at Symphony hall. The good bits were good.
    5. Tickets had been given to us by a former colleague of OH who had accidentally bought two lots - so we treated them to dinner in Strada in Symphony Hall. Salmon and lentils - yum

Tomorrow's pleasures, I hope, will be 1 - 100 that the heating is back on - currently huddled over an oil filled radiator, the rest of the house is FREEZING :eek::snow_grin
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    cold indeed mhags sleet this morning
    1) nice brisk walk into work. wasn't sleeting at that point
    2) teaching - i did my famous maze. you'd be amazed at how much they enjoy it!
    3) sarnies for lunch. ds had bought some very nice seedy roles
    4) Old McDonald had a rubbish hand at scrabble. E-I-E-I-O. which can only mean one thing - ISIHAC
    5) Ham and Pastry Chicken Breasts, YS from Mr T. enough veg left over for lunch tomorrow.
    Right, time to catch up on Ham-it-up-bridge
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    DD will kindly take a bow for most honourable mention of no.4.

Others welcome to join &'s osp group application as new hurrchhrrrrs editor/storyliner/righter writer. Job IS being advertised.
    What is this carpulous blah we're being fed? - ce soir's female plodboss lines and wittering wordclunk.

So -
    1. DG for isihac. Lovely to hear old crew too AND Jack crack:-)))))))

2. Just had a lush little rtc 19p lamb chop, devilled kidney, grilled tomato. Contented tum.

3. Emporium 1/2 price crimbo crackers offer ends tmrw. All sorted.

4. Need to finish Ann Bridge's beautifully observed and written "Illyrian Spring"(1935), but don't really want to. Stopping every few sentences and just reading again and again, layering up internal visuals and recognitions. Don't know the Dalmatian coast. Aware so much war, so many decades cannot have left anything untouched, but & is drawn.....

5. Hyacinth bulb, labelled flame(on verra)is putting white rootlets down into vase. Green tip just emerging.

5a. Like pk, bop, others, fed all 4 cakes. Uplifting wafts:-)))
    5b. Hwb days are absolutely back again. & tootsies are feeling toasty au lit, merci.
    #
    Voice seems to be in slight retreat, since vigorous AB encouragement samedi dernier in The Alma. This is unfortunate, as same will be required demain soir, when we play France again - Lyon.(correct French spelling, comme Marseille)

Hope you've had your new broadband sorted today Frith.

Oh it is lovely to have warm feet. Bonne nuit.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• 1 Life is feeling like monopoly just now, we got someone in to maintain the roof and de mossed it the other day, which uncovered where the leak is which needs fixing immediately that will be another 400 out on top of the maintenance, I’m not complaining the pleasure being we have the funds to be able, it’s just it was reaching the first milestone on the savings and vital things have started “eating into it”.

2 Decided not to bother going out in the cold for bits, and instead ordered in using a voucher oh hardship.

3 Ordered DH what I’m hoping will be a very nice fluffy warm top as part of Christmas presents he’s started feeling the cold a lot more but determined to be out just as much! Found a code for 20 percent off it as well as remembering to do it via quidco.

4 I’ve lost 4 inches from weight loss, I was measured at the weekend, but didn’t get the underwear there, I’ve just ordered it online for 35% off.

5 We have decided to try and get all the animals getting along together as 2 different groups is proving entertaining, as some of both groups semi get on anyway and want to be together so jump over at night, whereas the others can’t so now we have one group or that should read might have as we haven’t let the 2 delicate ones join yet.

6 A big bag of garden rubbish from the front garden, still one more bag to gather for the tip run at the end of the week.

7 I did another batch of clearing in the home office as it’s looking a lot better, I’ve swapped DF over to online everything as the paperwork is overwhelming.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Recent pleasures.....

1. DD. KW and I went out to the theatre and for dinner at a lovely local town on Friday. Thanks to a Groupon, we didn't spend a fortune.

2. Took KW out for a magical mystery tour to Winchester on his birthday (Saturday) :)

3. Used a gift voucher I'd been given at the end of last school year to buy myself some scrumptious pieces of cake to take over to KW's :)

4. My class were so lovely today, and really impressed me with their knowledge of invertebrates!

5. KW and I talking more seriously about renting a house together with DD :):):)
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Morning All,

& sign me up for the Archers! I can be the new Vanessa Whitburn. A return to the good old days, when nothing happened:rotfl:

Sunday

1. Remembrance Day Parade. DS2 looked v smart in cadets uniform. Had his picture in the local paper.

2. Coffee with DH and DF after parade. Using loyalty cards, so free!

3. Voucher and cash back shopping success.

4. Made mince pies to practice new pastry recipe. Success, but DS1 shocked that I was making them in November.

5. Made Hairy Bikers chicken tray bake recipe for dinner, with veg sausage version for vegetarians. Seemed to be successful......Mince pies for afters. DF brought mulled wine. Good job DS1 had gone to work!

Monday

1. Got up at 4:30 to take DD to swimming. Strange pleasure, but felt nostalgic, as we used to do this every Mon, Fri and Sat when she was swimming competitively.

2. Dropped her off at bus stop afterwards and carried on to work. Got there Half an hour earlier than usual! :rotfl:

3. Non contact in the morning, got lots done. Class in the afternoon worked really hard.

4. Left early, as going to a concert with DH. He was cooking dinner of meatballs and chips as I got home. (Unusual). Dog had eaten the first pack of meatballs, so was in disgrace. :rotfl:

5. Comp tickets for Martine McCutchen. Great concert. Recommend it.

Bonus pleasure.....had time to kill between collecting tickets and start of concert, so went to JL for cup of tea and wandered around the beautiful things. Xmas tree decoration displays were stunning.

Hoping for an uninterrupted admin day today. Ha ha ha :rotfl:

Have a lovely day :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Received a text from a friend and she is oregnant. She is 12 weeks and baby due in May. It will be a difficult pregnancies she has some health concerns and a surprise that she became pregnant without any treatment.
    She is delighted
    All they need is to start having less problems with their house move.

2. Someone at work leaving tomorrow but saw her for the last time yesterday. Not a pleasure for me but she is moving away and will buy a new home without a mortgage and with a small pot of money so could then work part time. Best thing for her.

3. Had stir fry for tea. I made it so very little meat and lots of veg.

4. DS1 phoned to ask how DS2 is. He is still feeling sick with a headache but listened to his boss and went to local A and E. Official concussion! The only important information to find out was how long before he can play rugby again!! He knows it is 3 weeks plus but hoping for a diffuanswer.

5. Watched Blue Planet such a wonderful programme.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback