Did anyone bag a Mini SNES before they sold out?

Comments

• mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Johnmcl7 wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily say those are attributes desirable to autistic children although the spectrum is wide and I wouldn't say the gameplay on many of the games is that simple either, just because the graphics are simple doesn't mean the gameplay is and in the 16-bit era many games were far more challenging to stretch out the limited resources.
    Cheers I know what you mean about the gameplay not necessarily being more simple, but a simpler controller with less buttons (and no joystick) will certainly help. And I'm just thinking that at least some of the games included look like being failry easy to play, although I know there are challenging games on there too.
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I am actually considering cancelling my orders now, it was ordered based on the hype and the nostalgia. Now having second thoughts. I of course have since built a retropie system which has just about every released game on it.
  • RichL74
    RichL74 Posts: 938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What makes you think that this is particularly suited compared to other similar options?

No moving parts, plug and play etc?
  • Crazy_Jamie
    Crazy_Jamie Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    RichL74 wrote: »
    No moving parts, plug and play etc?
    There are other options with those benefits without trying to get hold of one of these.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • SouthUKMan
    SouthUKMan Posts: 383 Forumite
    I'm a Nintendo fan - so I wouldn't want to knock these 'mini' consoles too much...but they really should be thought of as a novelty rather than a robust gaming system. The controllers aren't wireless and the leads are quite short... don't expect to sit back on the sofa with the TV on the other side of the room! While the NES Mini came with some classic games, there were only 30 in total compared to a library of several hundred for the original system. The 'mini' consoles are fun, but personally, I'm not convinced they're worth the high prices they have been exchanging hands for. I can't see the SNES Mini being too much different.
  • mac.d
    There are other options with those benefits without trying to get hold of one of these.
    What are the other options you'd suggest?
  • RichL74
    RichL74 Posts: 938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mac.d wrote: »
    What are the other options you'd suggest?

Emulators on Android phones and downloading the ROMs one would guess.
  • mac.d
    Thanks RichL74, unfortunately a tablet isn't any good as holding and using a touch screen hasn't been a success.

I know it's probably possible to build a console with a Raspberry Pi kit that could be used to run emulators, but for various reasons that's not an option. It needs to be plug n play, and fairly simple to use, even if they have no gaming experience.
  • Got one in Game Instore. The N64 classic will be even more 'sold out' than this.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Got one in Game Instore. The N64 classic will be even more 'sold out' than this.

Pre order I assume, as it hasn't been released yet!

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing