It's not a lot, but it's enough

Comments

• ChicaBonita
    ChicaBonita Posts: 673 Forumite
    Hi Speky, just to say I'm so happy your gf has the all clear - what a relief! I hope you had a lovely time celebrating :)
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That is absolutely brilliant news. I'm thrilled for you both - the relief will be immense and now you can get on with the things you have planned without that hanging over you. Fantastic.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Thank you both. A huge relief indeed. Feels like such a weight of us now, thank goodness.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Good morning,

Saturday was a long day at work so as soon as I got home and my head hit the pillow, that was me out like a light. Sunday was a chilled one reading a book and then out with the boys for the Euro Final which was a disappointment and boy oh boy, I'm tired this morning.

I might need to nip to the SM at lunch today as the cupboards are bare and thus I've not brought my lunch to work with me.

I need a coffee asap before I fall asleep at my desk!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Really pleased to hear the good news about your GF. :j:j
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    What great news! So pleased for your GF - andyou of course!
  • Thanks for the lovely messages, very kind.

Yesterday was a long day in work followed by a chilled out evening. I visited L*dl for some groceries, £17, which included steak for dinner. I also bought some things I needed off eBay; business card holder (99p) and a new charger cable for my phone (£7). I’ve said a few times on this diary, I’ve not bought myself new clothes in ages (excluding a suit for my grans funeral) and with lots of sales on in my favourite shops like ASOS and Zara I feel a little thing would be nice. I saw trainers for £13 but they only had the size above and below mine, I won’t take the risk.

Tonight I’m having dinner at my grans. I’m her only grandchild and she’s always spoiled me and been so thoughtful. Since my granddad died she’s been so lonely in that house that they lived in for nearly 50 years so I know she’ll enjoy the company of my GF and I. I bought her a small bouquet of flowers for £5 to put a little smile on her face.

We downloaded Game of Thrones last night so that should keep us in the house for the foreseeable future and stop any impulsive spend. That’s the plan anyway.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Morning,

Yesterday was a long working day and today will be worse, 8am-11pm. The Brightside is that I’ll be so busy that I can’t spend anything, so 2 NSD’s in a row. I’m not entirely sure what the weekend will hold however I must go to the gym, it’s been too long and feels like a waste of money if I don’t. I’m trying to figure out what the plans are for this weekend. Hopefully not a spendy one.

I’ve decided I’m going to make a big payment to debt at the end of this month. Give me that feel good factor and act as motivation for the remainder of the year. I’ll decide how much after payday which is the last Thursday of the month.

Anyway, back to work, have a nice weekend.
  • ChicaBonita
    ChicaBonita Posts: 673 Forumite
    Wow Speky that's a long ol' day! Hope it goes quickly for you!
  • I'm 23 and my debt was £14,000 at 20. Now it's £5,300.
    I have a spending problem where if it's in my account it's going to be spent. So I've started being really strict with myself (my only problem is I have a house, car, and kids). So I put al my debit cards in an envelope stuck to the fridge. This way when I'm out and about I can't spend. I give myself an allowance of £10 per week, I'm also using my credit card to buy food and petrol because I hate using it and know that if I'm paying for something with it I'm too scared to overspend and just get what I need. Taking on the advice of another poster I only have takeaways on a Thursday every fortnight, this way I know I will get a treat I just have to wait a bit longer for it, then I don't feel like I'm missing out and end up buying one every three days.
    When I get my monthly paper bank statement I go through it with highlighters and sperate money coming in, bills, essentials (food and petrol) and silly spends (takeaways and shopping splurges) even though I keep my cards on the fridge we do have the odd day of ordering food via just eat or taking it to a city to have a shopping day which we need to stop.

Maybe these ideas could give you inspiration! Good luck!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback