Cash Transfer: Jumped too quickly

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions... Saw a car I wanted and arranged a cash transfer to my debit card account. It transpires I have only until September 2018 to pay off the transfer on 0%, not 2019 as I'd thought. Any suggestions for extending that year of 0%, given that it's sitting in a debit card account? Thanks

Comments

• stevenhp1987
    stevenhp1987 Posts: 907
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So you currently have money sat on a credit card @ 0% until September 2018 and you want to extend it to 2019?

I'd say that nearer the time you get another 0% balance transfer card (with another provider) and transfer it over again, thus extending the time?
  • No, annoyingly I have it sitting in a debit account, not a current account... It was a stupid mistake and I wondered if there was any other way round it...
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    fionamacd wrote: »
    No, annoyingly I have it sitting in a debit account, not a current account... It was a stupid mistake and I wondered if there was any other way round it...

Isn't the debit card attached to your current account?

Two options:

buy the car and hope you can get a 0%APR balance transfer card sometime around the middle of 2018. Then transfer the balance from your current credit card to the new one. You will typically have to pay a balance transfer fee of up to 3%.

or:

pay off the balance on the credit card with the money in your debit card (current) account and try to get a better money transfer deal elsewhere.

A third option might be to get a car you can more easily afford.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure