Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• ellie14
    ellie14 Posts: 1,342
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Nellie no one has replied to my email well yet anyway:( May have to enquire at Wrexham or Chester. Unless anyone on here knows of train journeys that only use Northern trains. :o

Hi Emerald long time no see :A I have been to the station and got a Northern train timetable for where I would like to go ie. York and Liverpool,I also rang call centre for N/R :( slightly helpful.

You and Nellie ok.:A ok here .
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Dismal day here but better than yesterday :eek:

So I decided to go for yogurts yesterday + fillers = tick

2 President Brie and 1 jar of Nescaf! Original @ £4. = tick

Later in day I thought had better check apg for yogurt.

:eek: :eek: Half of the info is missing from receipt, no chance of inputting for apg. ds4 wanted to try for wine he says, well that receipt is no better :eek: :mad:

I've been to Mr A today, they can do a reprint but not today, the lady that does them doesn't work on a Thursday doh :mad:

So you can see why tiday us better, NSD day for me :cool:

Hope you've all stocked up on corona, will it keep for Christmas? Probably not, knowing how some of us Elite drink :rotfl:

Off to do a quick catchup while I gave the chance X
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Is the apg website working for anyone else.
    Trying to check a shop done at 11.30 and keep getting this message

We've searched high and low, and we can't find the details of your shop.
    Make sure you've waited 3 hours after shopping to compare. If you have done, double check you entered them correctly and try again.
    Eta same with a shop done at 11.38.
  • nanx4
    nanx4 Posts: 277
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Is the apg website working for anyone else.
    Trying to check a shop done at 11.30 and keep getting this message

We've searched high and low, and we can't find the details of your shop.
    Make sure you've waited 3 hours after shopping to compare. If you have done, double check you entered them correctly and try again.
    Eta same with a shop done at 11.38.

Yes same for me ,shop done at 11
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Afternoon

Some thought provoking posts today

Thanks hillbilly and hammpy thought I would risk a delivery today...this was from a 10 o clock delivery but results only just through ,

Corona worked

View comparison
    View comparison
    View comparison
    View comparison
    15 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    1x ASDA Skimmed Milk (4 PINT) £0.95 £1.00
    1x ASDA Chosen by Kids Apples (MW550G) £0.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Garlic (EACH) £0.30 £0.35
    0.6x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.41 N/A
    2x Kingsmill Medium White Bread (800G) £1.50 N/A
    1x Pink 'n' Whites Mallow Wafers (6 PACK) £0.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen by Kids Easy Peasy Peelers (500G) £0.50 N/A
    0.6x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (PER KG) £0.33 £0.36
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (EACH) £0.42 £0.45
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Baking Potatoes (2.5KG) £1.70 £2.00
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4PT) £0.95 £1.00
    9x Corona Extra Lager (4X330) £40.50 £15.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £45.15 £20.16
    +£24.99 cheaper
    For your information:
    Asda Price Guarantee comparisons are based on prices correct as of date of delivery (online shoppers) or date of purchase (in store customers).

Fab shop well done Don't think it would work here as its on a multi buy which we are not allowed

Edit see other "northerers" have already posted :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    zippydooda wrote: »
    4 Cartons for £5.00 - Wine Gums 460g - Liquorice Allsorts 460g - Swizzles 350g - Quality Streets 265g - Celebrations 245g - Roses 187g - Heroes 185g @ Morrisons

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/4-cartons-for-5-wine-gums-460g-liquorice-allsorts-460g-swizzles-350g-quality-streets-2527386

oops i see bubbs has already posted. ah well for them what want to make the thread a lot shorter and has her on ignore:rotfl:

Cheeky:rotfl:
    Wa funny just met a friend and she makes chocolate and sweet hampers and needed alot, they are cheaper than wholesalers
    So she had 8, i had 8, her son had 8 you are only allowed 8 each:o but she needed more, the SA was flitting about and i said look at her watching us. Anyway son went and got another 8
    She tells supervisor , supervisor said too late now as you let them through:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    I have at last been invited back to an orchard campaign...the first since the disastrous christmas one.....

something about wonky veg...and chicken that is portioned to eat one and freeze....

Think this was what everyone else got offered last week...the most exciting bit of it I think is the 200 cc points....
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Hi bubbs...hope all went as well as possible today and your chap had a lovely send off....x
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,144
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 13 October 2016 at 3:07PM
    Some fascinating discussions and insights on the thread today, thank you so much to everyone for sharing their thoughts. Generally when we have a frugal month it's a bit of a "fun" thing, just a way of saving a bit more for the holiday pot, but with lots of others doing it too it's made it so much more interesting and thought provoking.
    Retirement will be the next life stage for us, with DH retiring early if at all possible, so ensuring that we can live comfortably on less is good training for that. It's so hard to know how to prepare for retirement. My dad passed away at the relatively young age of 73, having retired at 62, so for him it was quite a short life stage, although of course he couldn't have known that. My mum on the other hand lived until 92, which she herself would never have predicted. DH's parents are both still alive aged 86 and 81. I would like to think we need to be prepared for a long retirement, but also want to do a bit of living in the now, while we're fit and well enough to enjoy doing so. Such a balancing act.
    For us, the best thing we ever did was get our mortgage paid off early. That made a huge difference to our lifestyle.

In other news, we too have tenants vacating at the end of the month. My brother in law who lives nearby does regular checks on the property and says it always looks like a show home. The tenants are, completely unprompted, currently repainting the house from top to bottom as they want to leave it in good order! It was all freshly decorated immediately before they moved in two years ago. Not all landlords are bad, and not all tenants are either :)
  • Perranlady
    Perranlady Posts: 1,356
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi all, little dish are offering another voucher for a free meal, valid in tesco only, just a thought, coupon in tesco mag for £1 off little dish, do we think the 2 will combine?
    Just ignore me if I am talking rubbish!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport