Regular Savings Accounts Article Discussion

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Westie983 wrote: »
    Yes you can,

I have branch Issue 1 and 2, and online issue 1, 2, and 3...

Each have different maturing dates,

thanks for this - very useful to know :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Westie983 wrote: »
    Yes you can,

I have branch Issue 1 and 2, and online issue 1, 2, and 3...

Each have different maturing dates,

Also, I contacted Virgin Money to ask about the next Issue (number 4) of their Regular E-saver. They said it is coming but couldn't specify when.

The intervals between Issues 1-3 suggest it will come in March this year.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dekkard wrote: »
    Also, I contacted Virgin Money to ask about the next Issue (number 4) of their Regular E-saver. They said it is coming but couldn't specify when.

The intervals between Issues 1-3 suggest it will come in March this year.

We might have to be quick off the mark with this one if and when it goes live.

Leeds building society closed its regular saver issue 3 in January, no new deposits after 31/01 but you can keep the account open and earning interest until the end of October.
    They were promoting the regular saver issue 4 as a replacement but this account closed to new customers on February 10th :(
    So some people will have been caught out by this and will be looking for a new regular saver
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Virgin Money:T

Matchday E Saver £250 pm 2.25%

I don't think this has been mentioned, or how long it has been available, but I've just opened one (in addition to my existing 3 Reg e Savers;)):

There's also a parallel Store version for those who can easily get to one.

Some guff about MUFC benefits which might be of interest:cool: to some of you.
  • Stompa wrote: »
    I've just had a call from Santander reminding me that my Regular eSaver will mature in a month or so. Does anybody know if you can open a new Regular eSaver (Issue 3) before the old one has matured? Thanks
    Schiff wrote:
    You can't have two as an individual. I think many of us have tried that! I did a couple of weeks ago.It's a pity you missed the opportunity to ask when they phoned.

I also had a similar courtesy call today from Santander .. my account matures in March. I was told that I could only open my new RS account when the old one has matured.

I took this opportunity to ask why Santander will not allow multiple saver accounts when the Issue Number or Interest rate is different. I pointed out that some Banks and Building Societies allow multiples and he said the feedback would be passed on.

One never knows.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    badger09 wrote: »

A voucher for free half-time refreshments. Not that I'd ever want to set foot in OT even for a free pork pie and a Bovril.

Champagne and a prawn sandwich maybe.

Bronson's gone mad with this constant flow of RSs, I can't understand why. I've called it a day at five.
  • dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 229 Forumite
    badger09 wrote: »
    Virgin Money:T

Matchday E Saver £250 pm 2.25%

I don't think this has been mentioned, or how long it has been available, but I've just opened one (in addition to my existing 3 Reg e Savers;)):

There's also a parallel Store version for those who can easily get to one.

Nice one. I'm pretty sure this wasn't available last week. Seems new.
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 23 February 2017 at 11:01PM
    dekkard wrote: »
    Nice one. I'm pretty sure this wasn't available last week. Seems new.

It wasn't :);). With effect, as of today ;):p.
    schiff wrote: »
    A voucher for free half-time refreshments. Not that I'd ever want to set foot in OT even for a free pork pie and a Bovril.

Champagne and a prawn sandwich maybe.
    :rotfl:
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    schiff wrote: »
    Bronson's gone mad with this constant flow of RSs, I can't understand why. I've called it a day at five.

Bronson also called it a day after 5 (Death Wish movies)
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    TheShape wrote: »
    Bronson also called it a day after 5 (Death Wish movies)

Oh yes :o:o

Just relieved I didn't get in a pickle and call him Branston!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback