Bi Polar & Dla

Comments

• ash4becks
    ash4becks Posts: 589 Forumite
    Could you get DLA for bipolar if you were working full time..?

yes if you have care or mobity needs
  • ash4becks
    i havent contradicted myself if you read back! i wrote vries varies varies as i do! i do not tell lies neither! what have i to lie about! not here to argue but to help people get help their entitled to!noone has right to judge some1 til u,ve walked in their shoes! i get what im entitled to by filling in form honestly! im sure others are entitled to more help than what they get but because of way they fill out form they dont get help they need!

i was suppected of having bi-polar GP still thinks it but will not re-assess me yet to soon so they say, but one of my best mates has bi-polar and she is very all over the place , moods are like a yo-yo , up at all hours for days , its not a easy thing to cope with i no becsue as a friend its me phoned at 3am when she wants to cut herself etc , i get higher rate care on my depression alone, mental health issues arent easy plese stop the bashing it just makes things that bit harder
  • tracie15472
    tracie15472 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 27 August 2010 at 10:18PM
    ty ash 4 becks! 1st day on here and ive took a bashing! yes ur rigth mental health is a tricky subject and evry1 differs depending on so many aspects of thier past and present circumstances.im not a fraud but my condition varies so much tht all i can write on my dla form is varies,varies varies! ty 4 ur understanding and support! ive been called a liar a fraud by people who do not evn know me or what my family an children go through because of my condition/illness!
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ty ash 4 becks! 1st day on here and ive took a bashing! yes ur rigth mental health is a tricky subject and evry1 differs depending on so many aspects of thier past and present circumstances.im not a fraud but my condition varies so much tht all i can write on my dla form is varies,varies varies! ty 4 ur understanding and support!

Many of us on here (myself included) have mental health issues too and do understand that conditions do vary.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    ash4becks wrote: »
    yes if you have care or mobity needs

I'm just wondering how i could demonstrate any care/mobility needs if i manage to work full time?
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    sh1305 wrote: »
    Many of us on here (myself included) have mental health issues too and do understand that conditions do vary.
    Ditto. I have good days and (very) bad days but they do take this into consideration. On my DLA award letter it states that they recognise my condition (depression and BPD) fluctuates.

edit: not sure about the work element but i know it IS possible to claim whilst working
  • you can work and receive dla! on my award letter it mentions nothing about my fluctuations but say sim aarded high rate care to prevent danger to myself and others around me,so it seems tht my writing varies makes no difference!
  • onefortheroad_2
    onefortheroad_2 Posts: 183 Forumite
    edited 27 August 2010 at 10:51PM
    i was diagnosed as bipolar 2 and receive high rate care and low rate mobility. its how you fill the form tht counts.fill it in as if you was on a bad day.another factor is i have a 1 and 2 yr old so need help to keep them safe aswel as myself. although diagnosed with bi-polar 2 i feel im on borderline as have rapid cycling and feel tht evry few yrs i have severe manic episodes which is likely to be bi-polar 1.its what you write tht counts not what the docs says!in my form i wrote varies,varies varies as to time and amount of help i need!

i all so have bi-polar i only have 1 or 2 good days a week and that what i put down on my form and i ve had many diagnosed over the last 16 years and have try to go back to work 3 times over last 2 years but it never work out
    silver limit £1000 jjb limit £250
  • ash4becks
    I'm just wondering how i could demonstrate any care/mobility needs if i manage to work full time?

iam classed as risk to others under moblity
    supervision outdoors under care
    not taking care of myslef / cooking care again
    help with meds care
    help at night making sure i dont cause dangour to myslef or others etc
    thats just a few of my list was 3 pgs long
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Because many people can work full-time; but their disability means they may not be able to cook a meal or they need supervision outside.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family