Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Options

Comments

• NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Killer I would make 'em wash and shave first/ Strict Ninja rules - thats what I'll have. I am not thinking about doing this............honest guv'nor!!!
    Happy if I miss my £300 target for the month then I might consider...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't think I could let a stranger into my bed... It would be weird! No matter how non-sexual it is, it's still weird!

I got woken up at like 7am by some recruitment agency today... I have no idea who they are and what job they're talking about.
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    I don't think I could let a stranger into my bed... It would be weird! No matter how non-sexual it is, it's still weird!

I got woken up at like 7am by some recruitment agency today... I have no idea who they are and what job they're talking about.

Sure it ain't nothing to do with your snuggling skills...?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    But what if they stank? Or worse! Had a beard!?

Eww, that's what I though killer - I'd charge double the fee but provide them with clean PJs to keep as a souvenir!
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    So... my ever helpful bank that I was singing the praises for has been extra super duper helpful and reduced my overdraft twice at the beginning of the month.:mad:

I asked for them to reduce it by £350.. they reduced it by £700.:mad:

Now.. I have £140 to my name and £200 transferred out twice by mistake for petrol to another account...:) ( meaning £200 for petrol and £200 spare )..

I think this would be MORE than enough to last on until the end of the month and then have some left over.:)

So I shall update my signature, await the banks returning my call to explain their stupidity and accept this as a sign from God that I know have no choice but to be super careful on what I spend...:T:T:T

Ta da!!!
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Well done on the reduction but grrr at the stupid bank, honestly it makes me wonder who works in these places.I had a call over the weekend asking why i had cancelled my direct debit i must have explained several times that i paid the settlemnet figure! they just didnt get it! finally after 5 repeats she understood and let me get off the damn phone. i phoned them today and explained and they said all was fine i was livid. I have no problem with abroad customer services but when they are not understanding what you are saying it becomes rather annoying !!!

Anyway rant over lol Im pretty sure you will meet your target this month i think we can all rest assured that we wont have to snuggle people unless we want to lol lol xx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • squinky
    squinky Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Wow so over the last day and a half I have pretty much read the entirety of your thread and loved it! Your enthusiasm is infectious. Last year I managed to pay off my debts (around £7k) by my 30th birthday and start saving with the intention of saving £25k by the time my boyfriend (mature student btw!) finishes uni (May 2014). I then promptly spent my savings (£2.5k) on a friend’s Caribbean wedding…oops! I just don’t seem to have the same enthusiasm I had for debt busting as I do for saving but reading your diary has got me a little bit more fired up and using your method I have worked out I have 566 days to clear £15,304, that’s £27 a day which sounds loads, however I am currently throwing £775 a month at it and to achieve the target need to be paying £805 leaving a deficit of £30 which is roughly only £1 a day, I must be able to source that, you put me to shame with your £20 a day challenge. Anyway good luck and I’ll definitely keep popping by to cheer you on and keep up with your progress!
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Well now... Mr eBay came over and paid up a cool £70 for the TV Screen so it is being added to my signature...WHOOP WHOOP! The lovely Ozzy lady who is buying another item mailed me and said she will pay tomorrow.. so fingers crossed for that one. Gonna hit that £20 a day and whips it's butt cheeks...

I PROMISE I will put it all in the bank tomorrow. I have the wee man's registration plate in case he gave me a forged note too..mwah ha ha ha!

Squinky..What a wicked name, you should meet Oodal ( Out Of Debt At Last )... Welcome! I love a lurker! I think the debt busting is fun because you technically have someone after you and you love getting one over on them by paying it back sooner.. with saving I think I will imagine mine in stages of what I want.. a nice sofa, a proper TV.. and save that way...meaning I will earn my house deposit fast knowing that without that I will be renting for the forseeable and will never get to buy my own furniture as I don't want something that will "fit" someone else's house...

Squinky you have about the same amount that I want to get rid of. I say you whittle it down to the end of December and join me. There are a few others that are doing the same... smash it with the help of others and whatever you get from Jan 14 to May 14 is just a bonus.. take the poor boyfriend out for dinner as a celebration when he graduates...?

Come on Squinky..do it. Join me.. you have as it stands 421 days!!!! What do you say..? BRAVE ENOUGH? I have a massive deficit compared to you per month.. lets do this shizzle..??
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    edited 5 November 2012 at 11:33PM
    Options
    Do it squinky, do it! It's fun here and you'll smash all targets with the support on here. It's great to have someone else walk along side you on your journey :A

So, we have killer and happy, the crime busting duo :D and oodal and squinky, sounds like a kiddies programme presenting duo :D

Glad the TV Screen man came with the cash, kat - now, you are going to get it in the bank sometime soon aren't you? Is the Ozzy lady the kinky one or is this someone else?

Excellent news (in a roundabout sort of way) about the overdraft! In another life, would a mistake like that have created havoc in your monthy spends? I know it would if it happened to me pre-LBM. How fantastic that you can just tell them to keep it :T

I deposited my £15 chair and Oyster card money today and did an instant transfer to Virgin so that's another £15 off my target. And a few of last nights items sold (surprisingly) so I'll have another little £10 as soon as they both pay.

Managed to resist the lure of the red cup again today (although I did hang about outside looking thirsty as it was buy one get one free between 2 and 5 - nobody felt sorry enough for me to give me their freebie though :(). Day off tomorrow so I'll be out of temptation's way!
  • nanell
    nanell Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I've been lurking for a while, following your stories with interest. I have a small amount of debt on a 0% credit card and am preparing for my car insurance/tax/MOT next year. I'm currently saving for a house deposit which is going well, but leaving me with next to no spare money a month. I don't mind this, becuase I am saving for something I really want, but it leaves me with no leaway for these extra expenses like the car!!

I joined the 1% at a time thread and have made £600 in about 9 weeks, but worked out I need about £2000 by March.

You guys are really inspirational so will keep popping along periodically!
    October Awakening: Food £20/20 Petrol £50/50 Misc £190/194.01 Extra Earnings £100/196.56 SFDs 20/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure