The 5k challenge!!!

Options

Comments

• gothrockchic1
    Options
    Feeling a bit deflated today. OH has just told me he can only put in £200 a month :( so it doesn't look like I'll make it to £1000 this year. He does say he will try and put more in. We'll see.....
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Got paid on Thursday apart from bill and direct debit I have spent £8 so far! I got paid more than I thought and OH has now added more to the bills etc so I saved £200.

Which brings me to £900 I hope to have £1000 by next payday :)

So £901/£5000

I am tempted to enter into the £12k for 2013 but not sure if I can
    Manage it. I think I'll try completing this challenge first x
  • mandatory
    mandatory Posts: 243 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    £12k sounds too daunting for me, I think you should focus on this challenge first. Well done on your £200 saving! Fingers crossed you'll get to £1k. :)
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    I know what you mean and £12k sounds way too much since I still paying more than my fair share of bills. It's quite addictive though.

I did a very scary yearly budget but ended up doing six months worth of budgets as I know what I earn monthly but not what tax I pay yearly plus I get a small bonus every month.

So I have signed up to do half £6000 next year so I am stocking up on cosmetics clothes etc. I am joining the Crazy Clothes challenge too. So lots of challenges.
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    I have started my Xmas shopping. My family is sorted but I need to get OH's family presents which should be easy. I got my Dad's presents with my Amazon vouchers and part of my sisters too. I have £120 left.

Also added £5 to fund..:)
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    I had a NSD. That's always a rare occasion!

Thought I might fill you in with the music side. I had a few knock backs on that front. I met a musician who had the right attitude or so I thought! After jamming with an acoustic guitar she decided she want an electric so for her birthday I clubbed in with a few others and get her one.

Let's just say I haven't heard from her since after a few messages sent! So I think I need to forget about that.

So I was thinking of going solo which will mean learning guitar rather than bass! So this challenge is so much important cos I maybe funding a potential tour!
  • castlelough
    Options
    Hi GRC!
    Thought I would pop in to see how you are getting on!
    You are doing so so well! Hope you make it to £1000 by the end of the year! :j
    I am not going as well as I was, have had a few expenses. But really, the reason is that I have stopped trying as hard as I was. I amn't meal planning as carefully, and I have been sneaking in some non-essential spoil-me purchases over the last month.

The debts are still reducing, but I can do better.
    Savings are at nil, which is never good in an emergency....

Sorry it didn't work out with the girl with the electric guitar. I love your atttitude though - good for you!:T
    Credit Card: €6000 ---> €3827.31
    Unicorn Fund: €0/3500
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Thank you Castlelough that post madee
    Smile :D

I claimed my £10 Boots voucher from Valued Opinions first one in ages so that will help with my cosmetic needs! Very close to cashing out OnePoll too!

Found out we get paid before Xmas I will be hitting that target too.

Also listed a few items last night on EBay

Good Luck everyone. Castlelough you will get there it takes discipline x
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    It's been a week of payouts this week. I got £1.35 from Quidco and have just claimed my OnePoll £40 this week. That one will take 28 days so I may not get it till next year.

I printed my LivingSocial voucher for Starbucks so tomorrow or should be a LSD just getting Xmas presents and picking up parcels from the post office as well. May get some check ins too! :D

Up to £908 now :D
  • gothrockchic1
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have had a mixed weekend.

I managed to get all my Xmas shopping done :D

I also received my £10 Boots voucher :j

A cheque arrived for me on Saturday from a friend for £50. I didn't want to take it at first but he insisted, so that is going to the ISA :D

Once cashed that will take me to £958 :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport