*soa*advice Needed

Options

Comments

• disco_3
    disco_3 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    In answer to some of your replies.

Shopping, She was thinking this amount was ok for herself and 14 year old daughter which would include all food/shampoos/cleaning agents etc. Are you expected to live off everything basic like hotdogs for dinner or something.
    Im not being rude here by the way just stating an example.

Haircuts @ £15 pm. For herself and daughter an average price wouldnt you say, After all we all know what teenagers are like..

We are very thankful for your input and would welcome more as these forms will be filled in later this week and try to book an appointment with the courts so all happening soon by the looks of it.

So any additions that could be added, It has been suggested holidays but not sure of that. There will be a few more questions about bank accounts later, so keep up the good work all.

The one thing she is worried about is saying how she got herself in to this state, We all know why, being foolish but that wouldnt look good would it.

Many thanks for now.
  • NekoZombie
    NekoZombie Posts: 1,664 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you serious?

I didn't include my waxing/facials/weekends at champneys. Maybe I need to revise that I&E again.:rolleyes:
    BCSC Member 70:j
  • NekoZombie
    Options
    disco wrote: »
    In answer to some of your replies.

Shopping, She was thinking this amount was ok for herself and 14 year old daughter which would include all food/shampoos/cleaning agents etc. Are you expected to live off everything basic like hotdogs for dinner or something.
    Im not being rude here by the way just stating an example.

Haircuts @ £15 pm. For herself and daughter an average price wouldnt you say, After all we all know what teenagers are like..

We are very thankful for your input and would welcome more as these forms will be filled in later this week and try to book an appointment with the courts so all happening soon by the looks of it.

So any additions that could be added, It has been suggested holidays but not sure of that. There will be a few more questions about bank accounts later, so keep up the good work all.

The one thing she is worried about is saying how she got herself in to this state, We all know why, being foolish but that wouldnt look good would it.

Many thanks for now.

Yes, include holidays. I was allowed £40 and I'm single, so maybe £50 - £60 per month?
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    That SOA looks perfectly fine to me... Infact, show me a teenager who only gets through £220 of food and £40 of clothes (Heck of a lot more i'd imagine) !! I think its a really good SOA and your friend should be proud to have someone that cares so much and is going through this with her.

Well done disco !

Hiya Mikey,

It does seem so unnecessary to make inflammatory comments like that and flies in the face of the ethos of the site; some of these older posters seem to think they're above the guidelines. Must be rewarding though to put yourself and your family through purgatory to help maintain the banks profits ??

I think the SOA looks O.K, it's certainly not profligate.

Rich
  • NekoZombie
    Options
    Richard_S wrote: »
    Hiya Mikey,

It does seem so unnecessary to make inflammatory comments like that and flies in the face of the ethos of the site; some of these older posters seem to think they're above the guidelines. Must be rewarding though to put yourself and your family through purgatory to help maintain the banks profits ??

I think the SOA looks O.K, it's certainly not profligate.

Rich

Rich, I *think* you're agreeing with Mike and not telling him off?
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Mike_St_Helens Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    Options
    NZ - Im having you on ! I self wax !!

Rich ? Did I say something ? :confused:
  • NekoZombie
    Options

Ok, maybe we can swap techniques. I've tried self waxing, but get stuck (heh heh) on underarms.:D To be carried on in the pub, methinks.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    disco wrote: »

If we had all been sensible then a lot of us would not have gone BR. The priority in putting down your reasons is to be concise and honest. The OR is not looking to judge, but provide a balance between the best interests of yourselves and your creditors.

Believe me, they have seen it all before, and a concocted explanation to try and look good will just annoy them.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Richard_S
    Options

Sorry Mike,

No not at all, I've just looked at my post and it's not clear, I meant to quote Neko I think it was, I was referring to "a rather dark planet" who'd been making some naff comments.

Rich

I'm confused, too many early mornings and late nights :D
  • Richard_S
    Options
    NekoZombie wrote: »
    Rich, I *think* you're agreeing with Mike and not telling him off?

Thanks for pointing that out Neko, it is very ambiguous; where's AlanD I need a caning :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure