Can boyfriends ex take money from my wage as child matinence?

Options

Comments

• Eve2928
    Eve2928 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    You clearly dont understand what term time is. I work FULL TIME but it's term time. I work 37 hours a week, but my pay is averaged out because I don't work the school holidays. So, yes, it's easier for me work because when my child is older, we won't have to worry about childcare in the school holidays.

You have no right to make judgements on MY life. I came here asking about my wage being taking into account for child matitence.

My boyfriend isn't getting made redundant to up to sit around doing nothing, he's going to be looking after his child. I like how you have t commented on how his mum can not work and that doesn't bother you?

And as I've previously said, boyfriend DOES provide for his son. It's not like he has no contact.

I'm selfish for wanting to carry on with my career, that i gained qualifications in, and have the chance to progress in. Yet boyfriend has an unskilled job, doesn't get much more money than me, works awful hours and doesn't get school holidays off. Whatever! Like another poster has said, men have just as much right to stay at home as a woman.
  • Eve2928
    Options
    Boyfriend has offered to have stepson more, but his mum said no.

Just like she said no about changing the days we have him. So I guess there's just no pleasing some folk.
  • Eve2928
    Options
    Thanks for the actual replies about my wage being taken into account and not the comments about me not giving up my job.

At least I know my wage won't be deducted. Thanks :)
  • MoaningMyrtle
    MoaningMyrtle Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    he could get a job on the evenings he doesnt have his son, he may be able to do overtime in the school holidays. something like a supermarket would offer these shifts.
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Eve2928 wrote: »
    You clearly dont understand what term time is. I work FULL TIME but it's term time. I work 37 hours a week, but my pay is averaged out because I don't work the school holidays. So, yes, it's easier for me work because when my child is older, we won't have to worry about childcare in the school holidays.

You have no right to make judgements on MY life. I came here asking about my wage being taking into account for child matitence.

My boyfriend isn't getting made redundant to up to sit around doing nothing, he's going to be looking after his child. I like how you have t commented on how his mum can not work and that doesn't bother you?

And as I've previously said, boyfriend DOES provide for his son. It's not like he has no contact.

I'm selfish for wanting to carry on with my career, that i gained qualifications in, and have the chance to progress in. Yet boyfriend has an unskilled job, doesn't get much more money than me, works awful hours and doesn't get school holidays off. Whatever! Like another poster has said, men have just as much right to stay at home as a woman.
    Ignore all the sexist hypocritical moralising in this thread. The answer to your question is that your income won't be taken into account. He'll just have to pay £5 pw out of his JSA, and when you get CTC that would count as income, but CTC for one child is around £55pw so if his JSA has stopped by then he should still only need to pay £5pw as the income he'll be assessed on is less than £100. Your WTC would not count if he remains a SAHP, or if earns less than you.

More info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/319134/how-is-child-maintenance-worked-out.pdf

Good luck!
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

It may be easier for you to work but that is a choice you are making and that choice means not paying maintenance for his first child.

My boyfriend isn't getting made redundant to up to sit around doing nothing, he's going to be looking after his child.

But he has 2 children to consider so why is he only considering one?

I like how you have t commented on how his mum can not work and that doesn't bother you?

Even if the childs mother was married to a millionaire your partner would still have a responsibility to his child. Perhaps she dosent work because she cant sort childcare, maybe she is just lazy! Whether that's fair or not is not relevant, what is relevant is that your boyfriend should support his child and if that means you helping then tough. If you are a couple then you share responsibility and help each other.
    Surely you knew that he had a child before you decided to get pregnant and as adults you would have considered the fact that your boyfriend would have to support 2 children or did you just think that your child would be ok and its just 'tough' for the other.

[B]And as I've previously said, boyfriend DOES provide for his son. It's not like he has no contact.

No, he does not pay maintenance, looking after him at weekends and giving him his tea a couple of times a week is not providing for him. Paying to help keep a roof over his head, helping to feed him, keep him warm and clothed is providing for him.

I'm selfish for wanting to carry on with my career,
    that i gained qualifications in, and have the chance to progress in.
    [/B]

Yes if its a luxury you cant afford now that you are having a child. there are 2 children not just the one you are expecting.

Yet boyfriend has an unskilled job, doesn't get much more money than me, works awful hours and doesn't get school holidays off.

Part and parcel of being a father of 2 children. He needs to find a better job or do overtime.

Whatever! Like another poster has said, men have just as much right to stay at home as a woman.

Yes they have - if they can afford it and still support their children. Whatever!
  • zagfles
    Options
    Boyfriend has offered to have stepson more, but his mum said no.

Just like she said no about changing the days we have him. So I guess there's just no pleasing some folk.
    Well if she won't consider any flexibility then she'll end up with less money. Her own fault. Pity she's making her child suffer.
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,746 Forumite
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    Ignore all the sexist hypocritical moralising in this thread. The answer to your question is that your income won't be taken into account. He'll just have to pay £5 pw out of his JSA, and when you get CTC that would count as income, but CTC for one child is around £55pw so if his JSA has stopped by then he should still only need to pay £5pw as the income he'll be assessed on is less than £100. Your WTC would not count if he remains a SAHP, or if earns less than you.

More info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/319134/how-is-child-maintenance-worked-out.pdf

Good luck!

Good luck avoiding your responsibilities! Really?
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    Options
    I told him when I met him I wasn't giving up my job when we have children
    Some people might wonder why . . .
  • zagfles
    Options
    swingaloo wrote: »
    [/B]
    Good luck avoiding your responsibilities! Really?
    Has this forum entered a time warp? Are we in the 1950's?

Why it is his responsibility to pay for his child and not the child's mother? Eh? You said it's irrelevant whether his ex works or not. So she doesn't have to support her child financially but he does? What a load of sexist drivel. They're both equally responsible.

Like I said if he becomes a SAHP he could offer shared care or even full time care of his older child. Then his ex could get a job. Or they could both get part time jobs. Why should it be him who provides the financial support and her the care?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure