Bank of Scotland Vantage needs 2 dds

Options

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,209 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    OOPS when I checked my bank of Scotland current accounts today I found I have 3 direct debits going out to Tesco from each of my three current accounts. So clicking yes to the message must have meant I set up direct debits from my other Tesco savings account. Then I went into the other savings account and set up direct debits to my three bank of Scotland current accounts making nine in total.

The strange thing is that only 3 direct debits are showing against each saver account. Will found out more on the 1st June when they go out.

Something similar here, though I ticked 'No' to the 'do you want DDs set on all your accounts' message:cool:.

I set up DDs for my 3 BoS accounts as follows
    BoS 01 - on Tesco IS 01 and 03
    BoS 02 - on Tesco IS 02 and 03
    BoS 03 - on Tesco IS 01 and 02

(Bet you're impressed with my imaginative account names:p)

BoS 01 and 03 ended up with 4DDs each, while BoS 02 had none.
    Several days later, 4DDs also appeared on BoS 02.

I too will wait until they have all been taken in June, before I start deleting any:o
  • typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    You should only need six direct debit for three accounts.

Your direct debits should be coming from BOS to Tesco not Tesco to BOS.

I know but for some reason I have three Tesco direct debits showing against each BOS current account total of nine. But only three against each saving account showing in Tesco Bank total six. Having time to think about it this might be because I set the BOS current accounts as a payee in my Tesco current accounts. All will be revealed next week.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • typistretired
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Something similar here, though I ticked 'No' to the 'do you want DDs set on all your accounts' message:cool:.

I set up DDs for my 3 BoS accounts as follows
    BoS 01 - on Tesco IS 01 and 03
    BoS 02 - on Tesco IS 02 and 03
    BoS 03 - on Tesco IS 01 and 02

(Bet you're impressed with my imaginative account names:p)

BoS 01 and 03 ended up with 4DDs each, while BoS 02 had none.
    Several days later, 4DDs also appeared on BoS 02.

I too will wait until they have all been taken in June, before I start deleting any:o

So it could be something to do with Tesco computers.
  • typistretired
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    Finally has anyone else received the "need to investigate further message"? and if so what additional information did they require?

My son received a text to say his current accounts were open today so he logged in and opened the internet and instant saver very easily.

He got the same error message as you when he was adding the third of his bank of Scotland current accounts to the direct debit list. He just logged off, cleared all cookies, logged back in and he was able to add the direct debits without any problem.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Futuristic wrote: »
    At the time I signed up to Tesco Bank, there was "no limit" on to the number of accounts for the instant saving accounts (either instant or internet). I am not sure if that's changed now but I definitely have 2 internet savers (non joint).

Since the 2 IS DDs work with Halifax I assume it should be ok for BOS as well but only time will tell I guess.

What interest rates do they state, mine are both Internet savers but one states 1.5% and the other is 1.21%.
  • Radaday
    Radaday Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    What interest rates do they state, mine are both Internet savers but one states 1.5% and the other is 1.21%.

How did you get 2 different rates thought they only did 1 at 1.21% on internet saver.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Radaday wrote: »
    How did you get 2 different rates thought they only did 1 at 1.21% on internet saver.

Depends on when it was opened, my first one, was at 1.2% the replacement one was at 1.6% so I closed the lower one, and now have one of each.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 May 2016 at 10:43PM
    Options
    Westie983 wrote: »
    Depends on when it was opened, my first one, was at 1.2% the replacement one was at 1.6% so I closed the lower one, and now have one of each.

I know it is quite late and some of us have had our nightcaps,, but I don't follow the above, you had one, then a better rate comes along, and you close the lower one BUT you still have one of each.

Maths was never my strong subject, but this seems wrong.
  • Radaday
    Radaday Posts: 55 Forumite
    edited 25 May 2016 at 3:36PM
    Options
    Hi can anyone tell me if BOS will except 2 dd from the same account.

Iv already set up 3 x 2 dd from Tesco online saver to my 3 BOS accounts, just wondered if i set up another 3 dd from the same Tesco online saver will this will meet the 2 dd's per BOS account or dose it have to be from a different Tesco account like the Instant saver.

Spoke to Tesco call center he said you can set up as meany DD to go out of the Tesco Internet saver so thats no problem. just wondered if the Bank of Scotland will accept it as 2 DD per account.
  • jrm
    jrm Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is this DD requirement on Bank of Scotlsand website? Have looked but don't see it anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure