Bristol Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• GT60
    GT60 Posts: 2,320
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Maybe someone on CEC has got the figures wrong
    I have just switched to the Bristol Tariff 1 Year Fix Issue 12 Paperless billing
    have a check using the uswitch site also and see what their results are.
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,440
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    GT60 wrote: »
    Maybe someone on CEC has got the figures wrong
    I have just switched to the Bristol Tariff 1 Year Fix Issue 12 Paperless billing
    have a check using the uswitch site also and see what their results are.
    Uswitch shows the same 'My Bristol Tariff 1 Year Fix Issue 4 Paperless Billing' tariff as CEC.

Not available on the BE site though. :(
  • GT60
    Forumite
    Ok then what I do is compare the Bristol Tariff 1 Year Fix Issue 4 Paperless Billing' with the other tariffs on BE site to see which is dam near
    takes time I know but well worth the effort IMO
    I always do a manual comparison just to confirm everything. :)
    If you want send me the costings for the Bristol Tariff 1 Year Fix Issue 4 Paperless Billing' and I will check against the other BE tariffs if you don't have the time.
  • lstar337
    Forumite
    GT60 wrote: »
    Ok then what I do is compare the Bristol Tariff 1 Year Fix Issue 4 Paperless Billing' with the other tariffs on BE site to see which is dam near
    takes time I know but well worth the effort IMO
    I always do a manual comparison just to confirm everything. :)
    If you want send me the costings for the Bristol Tariff 1 Year Fix Issue 4 Paperless Billing' and I will check against the other BE tariffs if you don't have the time.
    I know what the details are, they are all listed on CEC and Uswitch.

It just isn't possible to buy it. On the BE site it gives a list of tariffs I can switch to, and Bristol Tariff 1 Year Fix Issue 4 Paperless Billing' isn't in the list.
  • lstar337
    Forumite
    Just got an email back from CEC, the 'Bristol Tariff 1 Year Fix Issue 4 Paperless Billing' tariff is only available in BS postcodes. Since I am in a BA postcode the tariff was being incorrectly displayed in my results list.

They have now added a note to the tariff highlighting this condition, though I think it would be better if it were automatically filtered out of the results for non BS postcode users.

Still, it clears up the confusion.
  • RugbyG
    RugbyG Posts: 2 Newbie
    I have recently joined Bristol Energy on joint energy tariff & the switch was very simple. Phone call was an easy procedure probably taking 20 minutes, The whole process took about 4 weeks & was smooth as you like.
    I have just received the first email from them asking for monthly meter readings (important to do this) a link in email takes you straight to your account & where you input your readings.
    I will let you know if payments equal readings etc.
  • Suzy_P
    Suzy_P Posts: 12
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The swap went smoothly but the bills are terrible! You would expect a payment received a week before the bill date would show on the bill - no, it doesn't! It is really difficult to keep track of the bill payments. Also, if you are a couple of days late submitting your reading (and I mean just a couple), they estimate the reading and don't adjust it. The next month, if your reading is lower than the previous estimate, they ignore it and estimate again. The customer service is terrible if you contact them by email - 5 weeks for a response, by which time, the next bill has been produced. Don't bother with them!
  • GT60
    Forumite
    I must say ive not had any trouble with Bristols C S and even got my DD reduce after it showed i was using less than they thought.
    Replies to my e mail on the billing within 24 hours and sorted out within 48 hours.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,547
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Excellent service from billing advisor Matthew Hunt after a visiting meter reader entered an incorrect reading for my electricity, giving a sudden spike in consumption while I was actually away overseas, and a huge bill.

Before I even got around to calling to query it, Matthew emailed asking me to send photos of the meter dials after my own readings flagged a discrepancy, then immediately rectified everything on receiving the photos.

Not many service providers these days have such a proactive and efficient CS.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've just been looking at the Bristol Energy 1 Year Fix Issue 15 (Paper Billing) tariff as it has come up as one of the cheapest. The Bristol website details say the tariff has "No cancellation fee. Fixed for 12 months".

Looking for the catch (why have a fixed term you can exit with no penalty??) I've had a look at their terms and conditions which state:
    9.1 If your Contract with Us has a Fixed Term Period and You terminate your Fixed Term Tariff by switching to another supplier during the Fixed Term Period but prior to your receipt of the Statement of Renewal Terms in relation to that Fixed Term Tariff from Us, You may at Our discretion be required to pay an Exit Fee.
    https://www.bristol-energy.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

So at their discretion you may be required to pay an exit fee... in which case are 'cancellation charges' the same as an 'exit fee'?

Is it the case that they have the discretion to charge an exit fee generally on fixed tariffs, but in the case of this particular tariff they are stating (in a contracturally binding way) that they will not be exercising that discretion?

I'm looking for the cheapest dual-fuel tariff which has the flexibility to switch again within the next 12 months.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure