PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Comments

• flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all...hope everyone is ok.
    Well we had just 3 little visitors last night...was so disappointed..i have lots of little treats left..they won't be wasted though. I think because i live in the corner no one can see my pumpkin...next year i am putting them on the fence with a sign saying "this way for treats" lol..the girls all dressed up and we went to a few houses ourselves..got some lovely choccy bars..the littlies enjoyed it.
    Its the 1st of November...not long til you know what...have a small list of things to buy..and a big list of things to make ..Ferns birthday at end of this month..she would like a new Tatty Teddy toy..i have seen one that is not too expensive so fingers crossed i will get it for her..also another pink party..
    I have seen one thing i would love to do and that is make them a tutu each for christmas..i have watched the tutorials on pinterest..also some HM mittens from old wooly jumpers.
    I am going to buy some clear baubles and decorate them for the older girls..personalize them.
    I have some lovely wallpaper samples for pictures too...
    darn it dog needs a wee..got to go
    be back later
    love to you all
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • flowertotmum
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Right i am back..
    Ok where was i..yes the list of things to make
    Some canvas prints of the girls hands for grandparents..some brandy soaked raisins covered in choclate for others..hazelnuts in a nice jar with some nut crackers for others..
    I have seen some lovely vintage pics of christmas scenes..i am going to download them and print them on to cards for personlized cards for family and friends..if they look rubbish then i will have to buy some..and as for wrapping paper..i am wrapping everything in brown paper with string and a personlized gift tag that matches..also going to make cakes and little peppermints for treats..so not too much money spent but time taken..
    I had a little insight into how the girls think yesterday..girls were watching a cartoon on tv..and an advert came on for christmas..Fern turned and said.." crikey its a bit early for them isn't it..not even had Bonfire night yet"..Iris chips in "yeah far too early"..to which Fern said " they ruin everything..some people can't afford food for their babies"..o so sweet and very thoughtful..goes to show that some things you think they are not taking notice of they actually are.
    I have left them to sleep this morning..they were tired last night..Iris has got rings under her eyes..i don't think any of us is back to normal properly yet.
    So there is my christmas to do list..not too much..don't want to start it and not finish,i would be cross with myself if i gave up.
    Right going to have a cuppa and put some laundry in..have a nice day everyone..
    love ftm

• FTM they're amazing and you've done such a good job parenting them, I hope you're as proud of them as I think you are!!! Sorry you didn't get many kids last night, I love Halloween for the effort they all put in to making thier costumes, most last night were home made and as gory as they could make them, but that's so much fun for them isn't it? I am off to DD1 for the weekend for out Scandi Christmas Cookery course so I'll catch up on Monday evening when I'm back home, have a lovely weekend and look after yourselves, Love Lyn xxx.
  • flowertotmum
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi lyn..enjoy your weekend..a cookery course..sounds lovely and i bet you whizz through it..have a good time..
    hugs for you
    ftm

• Good evening everyone, hope you are all well.

We didn't have any trick or treaters last night, and we usually have lots, have even been known to run out of sweeties.

Well have had a busy week as usual, visiting DD1, still in dreadful pain after her knee operation. Her Consultant has now decided another operation is needed, quite a serious one, and the waiting list is about 4 months. She is a nurse but it just isn't possible for her to return to work yet because of the pain. She is so good though, she is 45, single, but never moans just says good days and bad days. I am so proud of her.

Have a lovely weekend MLW, I am sure you will.

FTM your girls sound wonderful, such caring girls for ones so young, and being able to understand. I am so pleased DH has settled into his new job, and you have the "old" Simon back.

I have been very good this week and wrapped some Christmas presents up. I have been buying them gradually and just putting them in the spare bedroom (I don't have to hide them from littlies any more) but I decided I had to start wrapping them. We have agreed to cut down drastically this year, because as I said to our girls, when you get to our age there usually isn't anything you need, and actually we are trying to get rid of things via The Hospice Shop. Himself is worried that one day I might leave him there as well!!!!!

Weather doesn't sound too good for the weekend, and in fact it is pouring at the moment, but can hear fireworks going off.

Have a good weekend everyone and take care.

Candlelight xx
  • Hi everyone,

I think we have the winds this weekend that were forecast for last weekend. It is really windy now, hoping the fence holds out. We have had some rain today but not a lot. Nothing particular planned for tomorrow, so I think a day indoors might be called for.

I understand it is quite bad in Cornwall, so it might be over most of the country

Take care everyone and MLW safe journey home.

Candlelight xx
  • flowertotmum
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hello all..what a windy and wet day..chilly too.

Candlelight..o i hope you weren't as disappointed as i was on Halloween..nevermind got some sweeties tucked away for Bonfire night and treats for little ones.
    I am so sorry your DD is still in pain and got to have another op..bless her for not complaining about it..tough chick eh?..
    Yes its wonderful to have my happy Simon back..although i am very annoyed with his ex manager..he keeps ringing the house and if i don't answer he then rings mobiles..all he talks about is work and this in turn sets Simon off again..i want to tell him to shove it up his wazzooka but have agreed not to for Simon's sake..he is a sad little man who told the staff that Simon was on holiday and would be back.
    Well done on the wrapping..i have to hide mine and do it when they are in bed..i have had a clear out of sorts..books,toys,clothes,pictures and shoes...well lots actually..hubby loves it until he wants to read it,wear it or use and finds it gone lol..
    Had an absolute houseful all day..Annies wedding dress was delivered yesterday by the lady who did it...its gorgeous..so all the girls and their friends came for the first trying it on officially day..she looks stunning..made me cry..even Samuel said it was good,high praise indeed from him...so they all stayed for lunch of HM carrot soup and bread..was nice to have a bout 20 people here all happy and laughing..chose a colour for the girls dresses and we all buying the same style and grown ups to wear navy blue..was lovely..am so tired now though.
    right bath time for littlies then me yay..
    take care ftm

• Oh FTM a wedding in the family, I hadn't realised, how exciting, you must keep us up to date on the arrangements, and MLW is expecting her first grandson, exciting times ahead.

I don't know about Simon's ex boss being sad, he is also untruthful. Don't you hate it when someone can only talk about work, particularly when you have left and you really are not interested. You are like me, very protective towards your DH, and I would be hard pushed not to say anything, but obviously DH doesn't want to hurt his feelings by saying anything.

I have a very good friend who still works in the same office as I did, and she takes great delight in telling me it is nothing like when I worked there, and how everything has changed and just goes on and on. She is a lovely friend, always has been, but I want to say to her "I am not interested" but I won't because she would be upset.

Lunch sounds delicious, and hope you are having a well deserved rest.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Candlelight xx
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 November 2013 at 11:45PM
    Evening all. Well another weekend draws to a close. Is it a sign of getting older that time flies by at an alarming rate?

Candlelight - I'm sure himself would reach a good price in the hospice shop!

FTM - I share your disappointment. Although we are in a very rural position I was ready for some trick or treaters. I have a neighbour close by with a 7 year old whom I did hope to see although it would appear (inside info from said child) that she was driven some distance to "guise" in a "posh" area. Not sure what to make of that to be honest:huh:

MrsLM - hope you are ok - seems like South have been taking the brunt of the lousy weather although it was miserable here yesterday. I'm almost ashamed to say my day consisted of a gym class, some food shopping, some cooking followed by an afternoon watching Jungle Book and Hotel Transylvania before going to see Calamity Jane at the theatre. Pretty shocking use of a Saturday but, in my defence, I made up for it today.

Tonight I made 4 candy sleighs as Christmas table decorations. Just need to buy chocolate santas and some bows but I have to say I am very proud of them.

This week I must:

Do a full recce of what is in the garage freezer (and plan to use it).

Make no2 Christmas cake - fruits are soaking in cheap brandy, cake no 1 made. I have to confess cake no 1 has the smoothest top ever - I didn't notice the shelf above wasn't as high as it should have been:o

Darn a pair of fairly pricey opaque tights. I've managed to poke my toe through and at £12 a pair they will have to be fixed. They are amazing at holding in my wobbly bits though.

Find chocolate santas cheaper than Mr A (2 for £5).

Write a definitive Christmas gift list to avoid ending up with a gift cupboard full on random things. I don't have many to buy for so I need to be focussed.

Invite people to our Guy Fawkes bonfire - I think we will have it next weekend. Dad has promised lots of "bits" from the farm and we have plenty to burn here. I have a deep rooted fear of fireworks though so it will be sparklers and glow sticks only:o
    I love organised fireworks displays but am terrified of the diy jobs. Irrational I know but that's just me sometimes.

Off to bed now - hope it was a good weekend all round and I feel the need to point out -only 7 more weekends before Christmas:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. If I'm going to be alarmed I'd like you all to share in that:D
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We had no trick or treaters, although next door's little boy came round to show us his costume.

Was away for the weekend on a tour of the west country - my sister's Friday night for my BIL's 40th birthday party, Minehead Saturday night for our friend's 40th birthday party then stopped in at my folks near Taunton on Sunday for lunch then home yesterday evening.

So glad to sleep in our own bed last night! We booked today off so nice easy start to the day, OH is still in bed but he's awake as I took him a cuppa up a little while ago. We worked out we spent 10 hours driving in the space of just over 48 hours.

Came back from my folks with a loaded car - vegetables, 2 pheasants (which we need to dress!) a few logs and a bucket load of grapes to turn into wine! Busy day today once we get going I think :D as I also have bags of apples which need processing before they start to turn.

Only 2 day's work this week then I finish up on Wednesday before starting new job on Monday. We're hoping to do some nice things in our time off as well as the chores which need doing; maybe head to a National Trust property and have lunch out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure