PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

NOT BUYING IT! 2015 - A consumer holiday

Comments

• There are apparently 1001 uses for epsom salts, i bought them for my aching muscles but the will try and use them in other ways, you can make body scrubs, clean with them, feed plants with them, use to get rid of product on your hair, etc, etc.

I have a cat sitting on my shoulder as I type, he has the entire bed to sit on but Im used as a table, sometimes he sits on my hip.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ok. I've kind of caught up, I've read all the posts but I'm so tired names are not computing

So thank you for the posts about monkeys and chimps and the advice on to how to combat the wee Devils. I really need to take this on board because tonight in work I relived yesterday's work and ended up feeling very cross and hard done by. Not a good way to enter two days off.

I've looked at my bookshelves. I'm loathe to get rid of books. I love them so much I'm not good with libraries cos I have to give back. I like seeing books on a shelf,ready to be loved again. However I have gone through them and have £23 from that site if I can only be stong and box them up. A set of others I've offered on to someone else on the proviso they get donated to a cs after being read. This will then leave a set of shelves freed up for the new super doooper shed

Spending is still nominal. I'm refusing point blank to go into town ( think village ) so sent hubby to the petrol station for a loaf today. Cost 20p more then town but saved loads cos no additions of carp not needed

Been donated two rabbits today which I intend to use on a 12 hour bolognaise. Each rabbit should serve 12 and the only extras I need to buy is garlic. Hope it all tastes as good as it sounds. Still I have plenty of friends who will welcome a batch or two

I'm feeling old tonight. My hands are so swollen, my feet are so painful. I'm struggling emotionally as well. Hubby has just mentioned he's going to go back to England to work. He says only for a short period to pay daughters wedding, but I know it will be longer :(. I want him to go because I know he's not happy trying to scratch a living here, and tbh I'm sick of him not being able to live a life without me beside him 24/7. Yet the same time I'm scared of what the future will bring us

Anyways my hammock needs me My head is spinning so another sleepless night ahead of me to get through

Sleep tight shipmates zzzzzzzz
  • maria3104
    maria3104 Posts: 920 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi All

Not a bad January. Have just stayed within my grocery challenge. Have not gone mad in the sales, credit card should be zero for feb which should be the 2nd month on the trot.

Still doggedly trying to clear 0% credit card with DD car on it. Down to £2000 now. Very slow as aiming to pay £200 a month from income and supplement this with anything I make from selling stuff.

Have resisted booking a lovely holiday. Another £2000 not spent, not saved either, but working on the theory that a not spent is as good as a saving:T

Been up since 4 and am concerned that I will crash before I get home from work. It could be a very very long day. Hopefully another NSD.

I keep reading the thread and find everyone very inspiring.

Maria
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Suki,get yourself to the GP. If you have rheumatism it is treatable these days.Take care x
     :
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    vulpix wrote: »
    Suki,get yourself to the GP. If you have rheumatism it is treatable these days.Take care x
    Absolutely, Suki, if you need help, try to make sure you get some. All the best.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • jemz0001
    jemz0001 Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can someone direct me to the post with the challenge rules/overview as I would be interested in joining.

THanks,

Jemz0001
    Mortgage - 05/03/10
    £ 110,743.90 Aim to reduce mortgage to 105k by end of 2010

Car loan - 05/03/10
    £5093.15 Aim to pay off car loan by end of 2010 :j
  • Blimey, time seems to be zooming by at the moment. It's almost February:j. I can't wait to start sowing and planting for the new growing season. I got loads of free seed from last years allotment show, so apart from seed potatoes I don't need to buy anything :)

I've been sorting through toys, books, clothes etc and donated loads to an animal shelter. Less is definitely more.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    jemz0001 wrote: »
    Can someone direct me to the post with the challenge rules/overview as I would be interested in joining.

THanks,

Jemz0001

You could do worse than look at post 1, where slowdown started us all off - it's evolved since then so there aren't really any rules, just suggestions and good ideas :)
  • vodkawitch1
    vodkawitch1 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Hi Everyone
    Suki - take care x
    Went to London yesterday as part of sister`s visit. We did so well, went to V@A Museum - wonderful and free. We did buy a cuppa to sit in the wonderful cafe (think 1920`s ) well worth it and managed to eat some of our packed lunch there.
    Later we sat on the roof terrace at Harvey Nicks, again only bought a cuppa.
    Wandered through Covent Gardens and finished our packed lunch in Trafaglar Square.
    Went to see Warhorse having bought £15 tickets as part of Christmas pressies. Fabulous play and we could see perfectly. Do go if you get the chance, the theatre is smaller that some in London so even in the `cheap` seats the view is good.
    Wonderful day and no `shopping` !
    Make £2 a day challenge - doing well so far.
  • I'm another one that has read The Chimp Paradox. I found it really interesting, although didn't necessarily agree with it all. Anyhow, since reading it, whenever I do something daft, swear at the football or conduct a mini, private road rage rant in my car, I just say to myself that it wasn't really me, it was my inner chimp. A marvellous excuse for all sorts that chimp!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure