PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The OS Doorstep - a helpful and supportive thread in these tough times

Options

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pooky wrote: »
    I have my 3 legged boy home! We've turned our small conservatory into nice safe room for him and I've got a bed on the floor. Sitting here now and he's stretched out between my legs, purring away. He was up and walking 3 hours after surgery! Not sure I'll get much sleep tonight but I'm full of cold so might as well keep him company then keep DH awake.

Oh bless! I thought he might have to spend another night at the v e t's!
    Must use my stash up!
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news Pooky - give him a tickle from me
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad he is OK Pooky. I hope he sleeps all night for you.

Been in bed all day was being sick and had toothache last night. Left a note for DS. He did not read it. First thing he did when I got up was appologise for not feeling well and us not going out today. We will maybe go tomorrow. We have both had colds and he can't walk for his knee sounds like we have a few things but probably the same.

Nutty If you don't feel well enough you do not have to go to the managers meeting. You would not be able to go if you were still in hospital.

Get well soon Camelot.
  • savingqueen
    savingqueen Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you and DS feel better soon nursemaggie x Fantastic news about your visit to Malta, something to look forward to!

Nutty - are you ready to go back to work? As nursemaggie says.... you can always have a day off sick if you need it.

Extra strokes to kittie Pooky. He sounds very well cared for.

Get well soon Camelot.

Lots of poorlies at the moment.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Hopefully popping in to see a friend for a quick cuppa before school volunteering then home to see DH who is working from home before I collect the kids. 3 nice things. Also means only one dinner serving and we can all eat together.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    The laptop is playing up, so for now I'll just send ((((HUGS)))) to everyone who needs some - sounds like quite a few of us! - before it crashes again. xx
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aww Pooky, sending love to lil Jasper. Glad he's home and pottering about.
    Possession wrote: »
    A little rant if I may. Our buyers' mortgage is STILL not approved and it's driving me to distraction. I need to just get it all over with!
    And breathe.

I feel your angst Possession and wish you progress. Here we're waiting on FIL to bank transfer final deposit (after a few back and forths on the merits of bank cheques and the postal system) and also we're waiting on the mortgage contract (the postal system sucks, and it's been a bank holiday). I'm so tense my ears are resting on my shoulders and I feel quite sick.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 January 2015 at 11:01PM
    Options
    Sending hugs to Camelot, possesion, nursemaggie , nutty and jasper xx
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    morning toughies

Day 4 of home educating here as DS10 has refused to return to school. NOt ideal as I have so many things booked in this week, including an oven cleaning guy on his way this morning. Having exploded a cake at the weekend I did try to clean it but I wasnt getting far and was setting my eczema off, so I gave up and booked a guy. OH has been working 18 hour days so I figured I needed a way out of the mess and to be able to use the oven again :)

camelot and nunrsemaggie hope you are feeling better today

nutty - please rest

possession, mortgages are so different for first time buyers, they actually keep you waiting until the last possible moment, I cant describe how it feels not knowing, and having never previously had a mortgage you are never quite sure whether they will simply say no at the very last second. Our mortgage adviser kept saying oh dont worry its fine and the solicitor was so calm and said oh its normal, but being a first time its impossible not to panic.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    Yes SQ really excited. Will be a little nervous going on my own. Last time I flew on my own was all the way to Singapore. Then I came home for a month while we were out there, Ex was away on a NATO jolly in Korea and Japan. I flew both ways all on my own that time but of course service personnel are so friendly you are never alone long. Wont be like that on a civilian airline.

Feeling a little bit better today. DS is hobbling around he could do with some crutches. He thinks he has hurt his knee but can't remember how. He says he thinks he bumped into something but it did not hurt at the time. I expect it will be better in a day or two.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kidkat, get him to come do mine too....it really needs doing.

Jaspers doing really well, last night was hard, he kept waking up with a jump, growing and doing back flips....this morning he's walking well, even made it onto the low window sill to watch the kittens in the garden. He's eaten a small amount, drunk lots and managed to use the litter tray.....that took some balancing! He's all doped up again now and sleeping in his box....if we leave him alone he gets a bit freaked out so DD 1 and I are doing shifts of sitting with him (made a bed up on the floor to stop him jumping so we're managing to doze when he does) back to the vets tomorrow for a check up....yesterday's bill was £894 ouch!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure