PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy birthday, PK! Sorry it started out badly but good to hear about the cake.:bdaycake:
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    (((((Great big birthday hugs, Pk))))) What kind of books do you like? That might narrow it down a bit.

My five for Wednesday:

1. Weighed myself at the end of 2nd week and have lost another 2 pounds so that makes 9 so far. Very pleased with myself. :T I've decided that the time has come to really make this work. I've a long way to go but once the dramatic first bit has levelled out I am hoping for a pound or so a week.

2. Grilled halloumi and salad for lunch. Bit of a treat that.

3. NSD.

4. Yesterday, I ordered a gift pack of some really nice looking 'sore muscles and joints' and 'sore feet' cream with essential oils for my mum's Christmas present and it arrived today. Looks ideal. Practical presents are her kind of thing but this is also a bit pampering too.

5. The river levels shot up between early afternoon when I looked at the floodwatch site and about six this evening when my parents rang to see if we were under water. They'd seen the local news and I hadn't. Some places locally have been flooded but we've been ok. Thank goodness the river level has now dropped a bit and upstream doesn't look too bad at all so all of that's a pleasure and a relief. It's made me renew my efforts about decluttering though. :)

Sweet dreams,

B x
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    PK - happy belated birthday ! :beer: Have a birthday week !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    PK Happy Birthday for yesterday...sorry to hear it started so naff but pleased to hear it ended much better,and with cake too :D Mine for yesterday

1. quiet morning on the phones at work
    2. bought a tub of celebrations for xmas and have started eating them already (I have no willpower :o ) so I took them to work and gave them to my collegues to eat ... so I was popular yesterday ;)
    3. team moves ...again ! They have been rumbling on about the moves for weeks and its been very unsettling. I am leaving my team to join another but I am pleased with who my new manager is, so thats a relief
    4. pleasant evening spent with DS (no gf here for a change) watching naff tv and having a laugh
    5. early night
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 November 2012 at 11:47AM
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    So we still have to be nice to blackbeard the newbie :rotfl:
    Is in interest of best for yous. In fact, we should be all nice all times. (Apols to SPARRA about spillings etc.)

5 Just listening to the radio, and we have a spokesmand from some Bingo Qango. It delivers bull until such time as it numbers comes up and then comes up with a worth.

4 Curry nite and wobbleaides. Quarts to quaff! And Lady Black is coming too as well.

3 Got a Frazier Crumble today. Car drivers to scared to drive? Yesterday on way home from Hospital, idiots who cannot ford their vehicle, just sitting there blocking the road. Give your liecence back before the snow comes. Minds me a couple year ago, when up Hyde Hill the Beardie Truck waltzed up, through the muck. On top of hill stood PC PLod, adviusing people that it was, in the eyes of a policeman, far too dangerous, to consider the hill, looked smackled in mush, when asked where I had come from. I then proceded on my tour of drivers who cannot drive.

2 Just doing the daily bread. Woke the yeast up, in cup, dob of water, tepid. Nice to bubbles. Add splatter of sugar and she is acting like she has got life written all over the buns. Toast is coming. (I hear thunder as i rite)

1 Nice

Happy Birtday PK (BoP is too young to send a cake!)
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

PK- Happy Birthday for yesterday. With the free books on my kindle I just download lots of them and if I don't like them just remove them, sorry probably not much help. Can recommend the one on the history of Broadmoor though, very interesting reading.
    BoP - just thought I better give you my assurance that I will definetly have my drawers on bit chilly now not to;). Where I come from the saying is fur coat no knickers.

Pleasures for yesterday,
    1. Yummy breakfast on the train to Coventry and managed to clear quite a lot of emails whilst on the train.
    2. Meeting went off quite well considering.
    3. Getting home eventually yesterday, lots of delays and 3 trains merged into 1 plus extra stops but at least I had a seat and managed to get a much needed sandwich.
    4. Naughty but nice chinese take away for dinner. By the time I got home it was too late to do the Roast Chicken I had planned on.
    5. Little snooze whilst waiting for dinner to be delivered.

Hugs to all who need them
  • Tealady wrote: »
    BoP - just thought I better give you my assurance that I will definetly have my drawers on bit chilly now not to;). Where I come from the saying is fur coat no knickers.
    Oh my dears, canna belive what I started.

Was going to have a massive gloat this morn, but as you lot and especially DD, still have to be ultra nice to me and all that. I canna post a picture of my perfecto bread ayetalliano. But guess it will be added to jam with the Lady Black, toasted and eaten before I cans post a links pin or piccie.
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    :bdaycake: Happy birthday pink
  • RevolvingDoor
    Options
    1. No spend day. I thought I had to go and buy floss but I found some in my chest of drawers.:T

2. Nice homemade soup for lunch with leftovers for tomorrow.

3. Sunny day here although a bit chilly.

4. I'm going to use my foot spa later tonight.

5. Spoke to a friend for a while on the phone, she has to have two root canals this afternoon. :eek: Glad it's not me!:rotfl:
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Lovely clear star studded sky this morning briefly while walking - I did get rained on later on my walk!

2. Coffee first thing - I really enjoyed it this morning.

3. Been asked to do more overtime next month.

4. Text from a friend made me smile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport