Investment In Litigation Funding ?

Comments

• cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,027
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can you please take a crash course in punctuation and also learn how to quote things. It would be very useful to understand what you are blathering on about.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • grey_gym_sock
    grey_gym_sock Posts: 4,508 Forumite
    TheNobel1 wrote: »
    Nope not fear of missing out more your mind only works when its open and in my opinion people should always look at all the information pro's and cons and then make a decision based on their research or a professional advisers research and not from people on forums or their next door neighbors.

"research" is useless when carried out by somebody who's not competent (to carry out that particular kind of research). and people who aren't competent may well fail to recognize that: the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect .

for these reasons, most people shouldn't spend their time poring over the details of what are at best very niche investment "opportunities", and at worst outright scams. such "research" is at best a waste of time; but there's a real risk that people will convince themselves that their "research" has validated the "opportunity" when in fact they have no idea what they're doing.

in any case, you are (just like John200, who had "coincidentally" had a similar approach) resort to generalities about "doing your own research" when you've lost the argument about the detailed problems with this "investment".
  • TheNobel1
    TheNobel1 Posts: 13 Forumite
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    Can you please take a crash course in punctuation and also learn how to quote things. It would be very useful to understand what you are blathering on about.

Must of missed the answer to the FCA/FSCS feel free to copy and paste so i can read. Sorry cloud dog i was unaware punctuation and learning how to quote was necessary for this particular forum. Like you i have a lot of time on my hands and just inserting my opinion but due to your attack on my grammar for no apparent reason i would imagine you are a very lonely man indeed. Maybe you wasn't loved as a child please do not waffle on about my spelling and punctuation, if you have something to say please let it be about the conversation rather then your sorry attempt to bully me out of this forum with slanderous statements :(
  • cloud_dog
    Forumite
    :rotfl: Passive aggressive :rotfl:

Very funny.

On a more serious note. I tried to read your response to Malthusian but I just got lost in the jungle of words, and this is what prompted me to post.

Perhaps if you were to actually go back and read this thread with the open mind you so reverently espouse you may actually understand how the elements relating to this 'opportunity' have already been dissected, discussed, and addressed.

But, hey, I'm just a sad, lonely person, looking for comfort from my friends in computer land :T

• TheNobel1
    "research" is useless when carried out by somebody who's not competent (to carry out that particular kind of research). and people who aren't competent may well fail to recognize that: the

for these reasons, most people shouldn't spend their time poring over the details of what are at best very niche investment "opportunities", and at worst outright scams. such "research" is at best a waste of time; but there's a real risk that people will convince themselves that their "research" has validated the "opportunity" when in fact they have no idea what they're doing.

in any case, you are (just like John200, who had "coincidentally" had a similar approach) resort to generalities about "doing your own research" when you've lost the argument about the detailed problems with this "investment".

Sorry i have not seen John200 replies so can not comment but my opinion would still be to look into the company yourself do your research and make a decision and if you cant then find a qualified person to help, i would never base a decision from a opinion on the internet on a forum. With that being said i have not lost anything one it is not a argument its more a debate or my opinions and two my only real debate is to not listen to opinions and go research yourself. I am sure Allanson are FCA regulated meaning they can not miss-lead or miss-sell
  • TheNobel1
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    :rotfl: Passive aggressive :rotfl:

Very funny.

On a more serious note. I tried to read your response to Malthusian but I just got lost in the jungle of words, and this is what prompted me to post.

Perhaps if you were to actually go back and read this thread with the open mind you so reverently espouse you may actually understand how the elements relating to this 'opportunity' have already been dissected, discussed, and addressed.

But, hey, I'm just a sad, lonely person, looking for comfort from my friends in computer land :T

I have not gone through the whole thread of everyone's reply mainly because i'm not sad to do so to keep up to date with every reply and yes maybe if i reads what i write before i post it, it may help but my ninja thumbs get the better of me sometimes.

I wish you all the best with your cyberland dwellings :A
  • cloud_dog
    Forumite
    I have not gone through the whole thread of everyone's reply mainly because i'm not sad to do so to keep up to date with every reply and yes maybe if i reads what i write before i post it, it may help but my ninja thumbs get the better of me sometimes.
    See, this really grates. People have previously taken the time and the effort to review, investigate, and discuss this opportunity with an open mind and yet you can't be bothered to read the information obtained and discussed and yet feel comfortable enough to, in essence, tell people they do not have a clue, do not know what they are talking about because if they did they would see this as a wonderful opportunity.

You are Donald Trump, and I claim my prize.

• grey_gym_sock
    grey_gym_sock Posts: 4,508 Forumite
    Sorry i have not seen John200 replies so can not comment but my opinion would still be to look into the company yourself do your research and make a decision and if you cant then find a qualified person to help, i would never base a decision from a opinion on the internet on a forum.

so you can't be bothered to do as much research as reading a thread before posting to it. but you urge other people to do proper research. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

and you contend that opinions on an internet forum should absolutely always be ignored. well, if all posters wrote as much rubbish as you are doing here, that would be good advice. your (and John200's) endless verbiage is unfortunately tending to swamp over the good advice from some other posters (especially, Malthusian). either you're a shill, or you just have too much time on your hands and enjoy typing a load of rubbish. if it's the latter, please go and do that somewhere else where it won't do harm by getting in the way of useful info from other posters.
  • verybigchris
    verybigchris Posts: 630
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ... i would never base a decision from a opinion on the internet on a forum...
    Well at least there's one thing we agree on!

My decision that this is a nonsense scam is based not on a strangers' opinion but on the fact that the fundamentals of the proposition don't add up. As I said earlier in the thread, it makes zero sense for an insurer to take on almost all of the risk for a small slice of the reward.

In fact, come to think of it, why doesn't the insurance company just invest in this themselves? The downside to them would be exactly the same (covering the cost of unsuccessful litigation) but the upside would be far greater (a big payout, rather than just an insurance premium).
  • TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,446
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Invest in litigation funding, not with a barge pole.

No I didn't read any of the posts, the principal stinks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure