Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks Raxiel, isn't that mainly for gas though? I only have electric with Iresa and it doesn't really increase much over the winter.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    martyp wrote: »
    Thanks Raxiel, isn't that mainly for gas though? I only have electric with Iresa and it doesn't really increase much over the winter.

In much the same situation as you; I've given up om any review of DD amounts currently. ...never got any replies to my emails, etc
    If you read back thru' this and the other IRESA threads, you will see that recovering surpluses after changing suppliers ,has been a major issue for many ex IRESA customers.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Have you requested a refund yet ? If more than 8 weeks ago then start an ombudsman complaint.
  • Have been with this company 3 months and have been paying them £65pm which is similar to my previous supplier. They now want to increase this to £99pm to which I object. I have posted a support ticket which hasn't been replied to after 2 weeks and when I try to phone them I am something like 38th in the queue. I think they must only have a part timer on the phones and support tickets. I have told them if they take the increase this month without my permission I will be switching to a new supplier.
    Will let you know if they respond.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    colb28 wrote: »
    Have been with this company 3 months and have been paying them £65pm which is similar to my previous supplier. They now want to increase this to £99pm to which I object. I have posted a support ticket which hasn't been replied to after 2 weeks and when I try to phone them I am something like 38th in the queue. I think they must only have a part timer on the phones and support tickets. I have told them if they take the increase this month without my permission I will be switching to a new supplier.
    Will let you know if they respond.
    What's the sum of your Balances at
    https://selfservice.iresa.co.uk/selfService/home
    (assuming meter reads and Transactions are up-to-date-ish)

The only way I've been able to get a response out of them is by DMs on Twitter during the working day.
    https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/with_replies
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    molerat wrote: »
    Have you requested a refund yet ? If more than 8 weeks ago then start an ombudsman complaint.

I haven't. no. I'm leaving the credit balance to gain the interest in the hope that I can get it back again when needed...

Mainly just curious if they have been known to reassess the direct debit amount as it was suggested on here that they would oppose a big credit balance being built up as they have to pay more interest on it. It's only 50p roughly a month but in a way a bit of a discount scheme.

I'll just keep a record of what my balance is just in case of the worst eventuality...
  • BoroPhil
    BoroPhil Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Are existing customers sticking with them then? We pay £88/month and have built up £350+ surpluses. Based on our consumption it looks like £73/month is what we should be paying which is the cheapest I've paid in years.

So, despite the difficulties others have faced I'm reluctant to leave.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    BoroPhil wrote: »
    Are existing customers sticking with them then? We pay £88/month and have built up £350+ surpluses. Based on our consumption it looks like £73/month is what we should be paying which is the cheapest I've paid in years.

So, despite the difficulties others have faced I'm reluctant to leave.

We only get our electric supply from them, but before the contract was due to end, we did a comparison and they were still the cheapest supplier for our use & area. So renewed, using the facility on the "My Details" page.

Fortunately, we had not built up a huge credit balance (was within £10) at the end of the first year contract.

We have asked a couple of times over the last year for the DD to be slightly adjusted to match our usage and it has aways been done by the next payment.

They have recently made a mess of the latest transactions & Bills.

The latest Bill has not been corrected yet, but the transactions record is all correct now and we have screen dumps of what it shows. The transactions recorded match our own records.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    To leave or not to leave? They are in a bit of chaos (have been for a while) but hopefully they've learnt from the bashing than OFGEM has given them (fines and order to go through all gas transactions). Customer Service is still almost non-existent. Twitter DMs and Facebook during the working day appear to be the only way to get any response.
    Your money is protected BUT you have to keep constant check on meter reads and transactions; and they don't appear to have a process which allows customers to leave - certainly not one which enables a prompt pay back of any excess credit.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    IRESA have "reissued" end of November bill (altho' no email received to say so!) Mine now includes all leccy charges thru to 30th November based on their estimated read -now being described on the bill as "routine read".
    Agrees with the Account management page and,more importantly, my spreadsheet:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure