Gas pipe camera inspection ?

2»

Comments

• Alex1983
    Alex1983 Posts: 958 Forumite
    Where are you testing the inlet pressure from, if using p1 on the gas valve you could lose up to 3mb though the gas vavle. Try getting a test point put into the pipework and get tested again, also what is the meter inlet pressure when the boiler attempts to fire.

I'd would think the boiler would still fire even at that low pressure but baffle out or not reactifiy, what size boiler do you have and do you have any other gas appliances such as a hob you could test from.

As others have suggested if the boiler is over 30kw it's likely the gas pipe is under sized.
  • Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    ComicGeek wrote: »
    It is commonplace to run the gas pipe in screed above insulation as you have done - I think the previous posters were concerned that it had been laid in a concrete slab without protection, which would have been an issue.

But OP has said the gas pipe is buried in the insulation under the "poured concrete floor". No mention of a floor screed.
  • ComicGeek
    ComicGeek Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Furts wrote: »
    But OP has said the gas pipe is buried in the insulation under the "poured concrete floor". No mention of a floor screed.

You're right, but not the first time I've heard concrete screed described as concrete floor - I was just hoping that the poured concrete floor was the screed, and giving the OP some credit. The OP mentions clipping on top of the insulation boards, which would normally be above any concrete slab or beam/block flooring in a domestic scenario - very rare to have insulation below the concrete slab with residential loadings.
  • ComicGeek wrote: »
    You're right, but not the first time I've heard concrete screed described as concrete floor - I was just hoping that the poured concrete floor was the screed, and giving the OP some credit. The OP mentions clipping on top of the insulation boards, which would normally be above any concrete slab or beam/block flooring in a domestic scenario - very rare to have insulation below the concrete slab with residential loadings.

You're right.
    I was referring to poured concrete as screed which goes over insulated boards with the gas pipe clipped to this and which are themselves over a gravel-type base on bare earth.
    Anyway,a bit of a result tonight.It seems the compressed air must have done something because after connecting everything back up the boiler fired first time and is now running normally.
    We're not quite sure what has changed - possibly something that got into the pipe which has been moved.
    Either way it's a huge relief.
    Thanks to everyone who came up with advice and suggestions.
    MSE at its finest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport