Rambling on...

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sunday (and a Sunny Day too) Update

This morning I have tidied up a bit and sorted and filed various bits of paperwork away.

I have started a £2 coin saving pot using my Dr Who money box (which has sound effects and everything :D ) and have £4 so far... I will update progress on this

I am now fighting with my printer, it is giving me grief, however I suspect it simply needs new ink cartridges. I have performed all the maintenance functions and tests it indicates that there is ink available but it is not printing... Will check through the online troubleshooting in a bit... Printer may have been sitting idle for ages and the cartridges have caked up?

Anyhoo, it's time for a bite of lunch and a cuppa...

Have a lovely day folks, will be back later :D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Is the Doctor Who money box bigger inside than it looks from the outside ;) sorry couldn't resist :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,099
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Have you tried taking out and shaking the ink cartridges? We do this at work when the toner is running out. Hope you get it sorted. Love the sound of the Dr Who money box, puts me in mind of a skeleton in a coffin money box I had as a child :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • UncannyScot
    Forumite
    I picked up the money box in my local Cancer Research shop where I got the Epson printer.
    Oh. and apparently it needs a new set of ink cartridges but I can get new ink cartridges online quite cheap, so should have the printer up and running again soon (I hope...)
    I didn't know when I bought the money box that it took batteries and had sound and light effects though. It's from David Tennants' tenure as The Doctor. You press the doors to open them and there is a picture of The Doctor and Rose inside and there are various recorded messages and you put the money in the slot which is at the top of the picture then close the doors and it makes the noise of the Tardis and the blue light on top of the box flashes... it's great :D
    Every time now that I get a £2 coin in my change I will try and save it for the box.
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Forumite
    Quick update

Next appointment with CAB on 5th June... hoping to get started on Big B process...

Staying focused, staying calm and positive...

Have a good day everyone :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Forumite
    Happy hump day folks
    It's the middle of the week and the sun is shining here
    Wherever you are, have a great day :D

Hope to be able to post a longer update tonight, when I have time...
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Have a lovely day :D
  • UncannyScot
    Forumite
    Had a busy day yesterday at work and apart from one little upset from a creditor had a not too bad day...

I have been in contact with all my creditors and kept them up to date as much as I can.

I received a missed call alert from one of them and I followed this up... mistake...

I repeated to the guy that I was seeking help from my local CAB and was putting a plan in place to deal with everything, as I had already explained to his colleagues...

He then started asking for full details of my circumstances saying that the CAB "would not be able to help with a plan as they only give advice" ...
    I immediately cut him short and said, "I am at work just now and only returned a missed call, I do not have my details to hand so either I or my advisor will be in touch once we have our plans in place"...
    At first I could not believe his ignorance and arrogance, then I checked out their reviews and yep their ratings for customer service are appalling...
    Well, they will get whatever they are allocated from the plan that is being set up and they can choke on it.

Today, I have another busy day. Tomorrow, however, I have a day off and a wee long weekend and i plan to enjoy it.

Staying focused, staying calm, thinking happy to be happy...

Have a lovely day folks :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Forumite
    Much better day today :D

One of those busy days that the time just flew by and now I am free until Monday YAY

I intend to chill, relax and enjoy my long weekend :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Have a long relaxing weekend :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills