PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• Mickygg wrote: »
    this thread was great, but now house crash posters who obviously have nothing better to do than hi jack threads to write their utter nonsense, have ruined it. No one really bothers writing here now to update so I won't look at this thread now.

And to think if these house crash posters really had a tiny bit of common sense they would post in the relevant sections and threads. let me guess, these people are single males with no partner company I bet, and feel sick as a dog that they haven't bought!!

Good luck all genuine sellers on this thread, especially smallholdingsister.

I don't understand why they keep repeating themselves when the vast majority of forum members on this thread are ignoring them, isn't that a form of insanity by repeating yourself and expecting a different result?

I personally think these people/person has multiple accounts who can then push their agenda to some end. I would personally give up.

Sockpuppets
    A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person.[1] The term now includes other misleading uses of online identities, such as those created to praise, defend or support a person or organization,[2] to manipulate public opinion,[3] or to circumvent a suspension or ban from a website. A significant difference between the use of a pseudonym[4] and the creation of a sockpuppet is that the sockpuppet poses as an independent third-party unaffiliated with the puppeteer. Many online communities attempt to block sockpuppets.
  • Thanks Mickyg.

I can't see any reason why we shouldn't continue the thread without hassle.
  • A viewing tomorrow afternoon...I wonder how this one will turn out.
  • Ooh Good luck!
    I am just wondering where the promised "For Sale" board is.
  • Forum_posts, How interesting that you should quote the phrase about the definition of insanity as repeating the same action and expecting a different result... would that not apply to our deluded friends having their houses on the market for 12, 18 months or even longer and going through 3, 4 different estate agents and all the while stubbornly refusing to accept the glaringly obvious fact that it's stupidly over priced.

Do you, or anyone else, know where these "stupidly over priced" houses are? People have lots of reasons for selling houses and one/two of them may be they need to achieve a certain price before they can move to their desired location but they are not in a major hurry to sell their property so they can wait till someone sees things the way they do.

But I do agree with you I wouldn't wait that long to achieve a price, unless the original valuation was even higher and they have been gradually lowering the value. Either way I still wouldn't be posting the way some do on here, it's as if they are gloating which is the reason they keep on posting.
  • danielley
    danielley Posts: 744 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Managed to reach a settlement with our viewers. 197 + kitchen appliances.

I would have liked the full £200k but they are FTBs living with parents so very attractive chain wise.

Now to find a house.... everything looks super pricey ☺
  • Do you, or anyone else, know where these "stupidly over priced" houses are? People have lots of reasons for selling houses and one/two of them may be they need to achieve a certain price before they can move to their desired location but they are not in a major hurry to sell their property so they can wait till someone sees things the way they do.

But I do agree with you I wouldn't wait that long to achieve a price, unless the original valuation was even higher and they have been gradually lowering the value. Either way I still wouldn't be posting the way some do on here, it's as if they are gloating which is the reason they keep on posting.

Where we currently live - West Midlands - there seem to be rather a lot of houses (mainly in the rather wide £400k - £1.5m price bracket) that are taking an age to sell, yet the vendors seem reluctant to lower their asking prices. Compared to recent sales many seem overpriced by up to £100k.

One neighbour who put their five bed house on in August 2016 for £850k, told us they expect it to take three years to sell! They have cash available for their onward purchase which they've already identified. This new (to them) house is about £700k.

This whole way of doing things seems alien to us, who have always priced to sell quickly and in half a dozen sales have never had to wait longer than about six months to find a buyer, our last two sales taking a matter of ten days and five weeks respectively to get to sstc.

I do sympathise, however, with those that for whatever reason feel they have to hold out for a higher price, but personally I would lose the will to live if we had to keep any property we were selling on the market for years :(
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • kilby_007
    kilby_007 Posts: 738 Forumite
    Do you, or anyone else, know where these "stupidly over priced" houses are? People have lots of reasons for selling houses and one/two of them may be they need to achieve a certain price before they can move to their desired location but they are not in a major hurry to sell their property so they can wait till someone sees things the way they do.

Are you for real? The whole market is overpriced! Does the fact that people are still buying them make them reasonably priced? Or does it reflect the government's strategy for cheap money/low supply is working pretty well for them & their pals "investments'? What you describe is waiting for "the greater fool". There comes a point when even the greatest fools begin to think twice.
  • danielley wrote: »
    Managed to reach a settlement with our viewers. 197 + kitchen appliances.

I would have liked the full £200k but they are FTBs living with parents so very attractive chain wise.

Now to find a house.... everything looks super pricey ☺

Well done, danielley :T
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Congratulations Daniel!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business