My day can be divided as follows...

Drudgery
    Made stock
    Washing on and drying outside X1
    Chicken seasoned and in fridge
    Swept and dusted bedroom
    Washing-up X3

Money
    My budget isn’t working. :eek: I am taking money out of the ‘home repairs’ fund every month. I am out by £156 since I increased my debt repayment by £156. I am going to reduce my debt overpayment. I will be cutting this additional payment to a more realistic £75 from next month. I feel a little disappointed but I still intend be DF by the end of 2017 I will just have to find another way

A NSD

3 good things
    Yesterday, I asked the man on customer services for some change for a trolley and he gave me a trolley token instead. :)

I opened a letter from HMRC tentatively, but it was to say they owed me just over £10 :)

I made fab soup from my stock. Lentil, courgette and turnip with a handful of lentils plus brown miso, fresh ginger, garlic and the pickings of chicken from a carcass. Gorgeous…:)

The week is drawing to a close. We made it! ;)

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Loving the winter prep list DIA, I think you've thought of everything :D

I had a look at that paint colour you mentioned, Damson Mousse, and wow, it is lovely, I can see why it gave you a lift. Colours are so important for mood I think. My lounge has what I think is gorgeous wallpaper, Serena by Laura Ashley, and it makes me feel good to look at it. It's bright but not too garish and I never tire of looking at it. My new bedroom is grey and plum and looks classy. I could never never live in a magnolia house now :rotfl:

Hope you're having a lovely weekend :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • Your soup sounds delicious DIA :) also loving the winter preparation list, preparation has been my downfall this week so I'm feeling very inspired by how organised you are :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • Where I was focused on the debt before, for the past few weeks I have lost interest a bit. The debt is still being reduced and agreed payments made but my debt busting mojo has gone. :(

The handyman hasn’t started and I dipped into the funds for the work he will be doing. I paid the dental hygienist with house renovation money. It will be made back up but it shows my budget isn’t working well.:o

I found out I am very low in iron and that can make you feel tired and listless. I am remedying this now and have started supplements, but the results take time. :( At least I am on the path to increased energy.

I finally have a new hot water bottle. Joy of joys. I love it. Instead of £8.99 I paid £3.99 :D

Back to work tomorrow

I hope your day went well

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Make sure you up your fibre intake when you start the iron supplement
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Hey DIA,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling unwell, no wonder your mojo has temporarily gone missing. It will come back, most important thing is to take care of yourself and get better. When your energy levels are back up, you'll be back on track with the debt busting :D

Good to hear about your hot water bargain :) you're still having an impact on your debts by the good choices you make every day.

Hope you feel better soon

Jumblerina xxx
  • Hi DIA. I hope you're feeling a bit better. Guinness is good for iron so the doc told me. Can't stand the stuff myself lol.

I hope once you're feeling better your debt busting mojo comes back. Get snuggled in bed with your hot water bottle and relax.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 20 October 2016 at 8:36PM
    Thanks guys. INOD I have upped my fibre. Jumblerina and Tink thanks for your support :)

When I got home from work there was a cheque for me for £100 from the rubbish bank in response to my complaint. :T This time I was not stressed when I got their letter saying I owed them money, I sprang into action instead and now I am £100 better off :T

The funny thing is I ‘stole’ £100 from the house account this month, but now I can put it back. :D

I will recalculate my budget tonight and get back on track :)

I threw away my flask as it was leaking so I ended up buying coffee out and a flapjack as I hadn’t had breakfast. I need to buy a new flask at the weekend.

I took lunch in today. It was a bit of a hotchpotch lunch in a jam jar but I saved money.

I need to take in more food as I had a rumbling tummy. My train was delayed so it got worse but I came in, warmed some home made soup, then I made up a platter of veggies and smoked mackerel. :)

I began looking at the bullet proof journal (thanks Tink for alerting me to this) I am going to use this system to get organised and then I am going to hunt down my mojo ;)

I hope you had a good day reader
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great news on the £100.
    Is it all resolved now then?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Great news on the £100.
    Is it all resolved now then?
    Thanks beanielou.
    So they say, but they said that last time didn't they. Ah well, if anymore letters come I will repeat the process again and hopefully be £100 better off again. I will however check my credit file to see if this has been affected as I don't trust them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills