To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Night all :wave:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Night all :wave:

Night bubbs. x
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I'm sure one of the mathematicians will give me the odds of this happening.

I spent some time this morning setting up my Amex online. You also request your PIN number on line. I was sat with my iPad looking at the smaller shops scheme and Mr TM had the Mac and was sorting stuff out. I had a pen and paper too and I was writing down the passwords we were using. We were requesting my PIN number.

He read out my PIN and I asked him how he knew it was the PIN number for my debit card...he hadn't chosen it it had been generated:eek:

The number generated is the actual number I am currently using:eek:

I couldn't believe it and we went through the process again and yes...I've been awarded my existing PIN:eek:
    We have a Clarity card which we use for foreign transactions. The PIN we were sent for it was the same as the code I had set on my suitcase lock. Spooky.
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks to bargain hunters on FB, someone added a pic but as tinypic is down I've found a link instead, back page of the Christmas gift guide instore has mocs on it. The free tape dispenser seems good as free with any purchase. I'm sure there's really cheap little bits by the till I've seen.

http://www.theworks.co.uk/html/guide/christmas-gift-guide.html#p=32

I wanted the 'night before Christmas book' £1 with another purchase, I also wanted the tape dispenser ,,free with another purchase..sa put them both thru together so I paid £1.
    The following day I wanted some tissue paper for new baby GS present they had some reduced for £1 so I bought that and had my dispenser ..but when I got home the paper had faded I used 1 sheet took it back told them I had used a sheet but they refunded me £1:)
    Whilst in the shop a large roll of xmas paper reduced to 25p as it was torn at 1 end so I bought that and got my free dispenser.
    So ive spent £1.25 got 3 dispenser+cellotape, 1 book and 1 roll of wrapping paper:D
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry if this has been reported already - for NUS card holders - Nowtv 3 months for £1 per month movies and/or entertainment - code on NUS Extra app. Thank to hukd m.

Hth

Anon
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 6 November 2016 at 2:04AM
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi and check on the Elite babies. The fireworks this year sounded much louder and resonated more than I can remember previous years :mad:

I know that our Poppy has problems with fireworks and loud bangs and now I've read about scamps babies. I've also read about Snaps 2 quivering cats, terrified. It is really unacceptable that in this day and age of health and safety that shops still advertise and sells these sparkling bombs to the general public. Surely something could and should be done.

One of my grandsons was badly burned on his chest, neck and chin three years ago. Warrington hospital couldn't treat him so he was rushed to Manchester, his mum and dad stayed at the Ronald McDonald place over the road. Yes, they had fireworks at home, but one of them was faulty. The Company that sold them contacted the manufacturer and they agreed it was a fault in the firework.

So three years on, we are still able to buy these harmful sticks to set light to. It's high time that fireworks are banned for sale to the general public and only sold to Organised Firework Displays.

I also think the volume of these things should also be looked into. We have an ex service man living close by. His wife is beside herself what to do as her husband is either trying to get under the bed or through the back of a cupboard. The sound of the explosions are giving him flashbacks. We don't often think of these poor sufferers do we.

Sorry to put a sad end to the evening folks, I just feel so :mad: :mad: initially it was the Elite babies but then it made me stop, think and remember.

Good night Elite, see you tomorrow xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I'm sure one of the mathematicians will give me the odds of this happening.

I spent some time this morning setting up my Amex online. You also request your PIN number on line. I was sat with my iPad looking at the smaller shops scheme and Mr TM had the Mac and was sorting stuff out. I had a pen and paper too and I was writing down the passwords we were using. We were requesting my PIN number.

He read out my PIN and I asked him how he knew it was the PIN number for my debit card...he hadn't chosen it it had been generated:eek:

The number generated is the actual number I am currently using:eek:

I couldn't believe it and we went through the process again and yes...I've been awarded my existing PIN:eek:

1 in 10000 chance, but if you have say 4 cards with different numbers, it could match any one of them and you would say it was a coincidence, so only 1 in 2500 of that happening.

When DS2 got his first ever bank card the PIN was almost identical to my main card number, one digit was one number away and the rest were the same. Then I ordered a card from a different new bank account and that card came with the PIN having the same 3 numbers identical as my main account and DS2's with the other number being one number away in the other direction!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    rose28454 wrote: »
    Very sad evening here in Wells. We had a new play park opened on Monday with a great castle and many other great play items. There was even a small area for adult fitness.
    Well this evening somebody caught fire to it and burnt most of it down. It cost £100000.00 and took 3 years to organise and build.
    So sad

Oh that is so awful rose, and for the farmer's hay barn too rhosynbach. Such a waste :(
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport