How do you make sure you don't forget vouchers?

I was wondering how everyone (who is more organised than I am) makes sure they don't forget discount vouchers before they expire? I've been reminded because I've only accidentally just found a £6 off voucher from Tesco and need to use it by tomorrow! I used to have a bigger handbag and would store them in a plastic wallet, but still used to forget them (because I had no way of reminding myself of the expirty date). But now they tend to get stuffed in my purse and it's not working!

Anyone have a good system they could share?
Thanks.

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    We just put them on the fridge with magnets but, if that does not work for you, how about putting reminders in your phone/Outlook/whatever you use?
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    we have them in a letter rack by the front door, any visit for a 'shop' coupons are checked, for which ones to use.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Wrap the coupon(s) around your loyalty card so when you pull out the card, coupons are out too.
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I store mine in my purse and before shopping transfer any relevant ones to the credit card section to remind me to hand them over at the till.
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • I keep all my vouchers in an envelop in my handbag and check them every so often to get rid of the expired ones and see what money off I have so I can decide where to shop that week. When at the till I always check the envelope before payi g just in case. It works for me most of the time.
  • I divest myself of the really daft ones, paperclip those remaining together on a shop-by-shop basis and put them in my wallet. When going into a shop, I check my wallet and fish out the appropriate set, check what they're for and decide whether I actually want the relevant item. Electronic vouchers or money off lines (such as Waitrose pick my own offers) get saved on my phone. Not carrying them with me meant that I collected and collated, but then forgot to take them with me.

If going shopping with my wife, she takes the bundle and manages them because she's much better at it that me.
    Signature on hold as I've seen no unused witty comments to plaigarise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure