Two Pennies Left

Comments

• your paintings are stunning, thank you for the link,

I'm more crafty than arty i would say, Knit, sew, build things :) I would love to learn to paint...maybe that will be a mortgage free goal , long way off though.. :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • your paintings are stunning, thank you for the link,

I'm more crafty than arty i would say, Knit, sew, build things :) I would love to learn to paint...maybe that will be a mortgage free goal , long way off though.. :D

Aw shucks :o Thank you.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Today has just flown by. I have:
    • got a load of washing dry on the line
    • made a dent in the ironing pile
    • cooked Sweetcorn & Haddock Chowder for lunch. It nearly didn't make it to the table though as we had a power cut part way through the cooking of it :eek:
    • popped into the village to post a Fleabay item
    • cleaned our bedroom. Nice clean sheets to look forward to tonight :D
    • made Squash & Coconut Curry for supper but used Pattipan rather than Butternut and Kale rather than Spinach because that's what I had in the fridge. It turned out ok but I think Butternut would have worked better.

Went to Lindy Hop for the second time tonight. Had to take it really carefully though as toe is rather painful today. It is still the size of a table grape :eek:

Night, night all

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Spent most of the day at work yesterday. Did a little extra as visitors started arriving just as I was due to leave.

We had the leftover Squash & Coconut Curry for supper with naan bread. I added more seasoning, some coriander and served it with yogurt and that pepped it up a bit. We ate in the garden as it was such a beautiful warm evening and opened a bottle of red just because. Two cases of Avios wine had arrived so we had to quality check it of course. Mr F does so much travel now that we haven't had to buy any wine at all this year :)

Went for a walk around the country lanes after and foraged some blackberries and rose hips. We remembered some of the plants from our foraging course and were able to identify them :cool:

Looks set to be a nice day again today. I have some painting planned :D

Enjoy the sunshine if you have it

Fortune x
  • I neglected my chores today for painting :o My WI is raising funds at the moment and have a stall at the village Farmers' Market at the end of September. They asked for home made produce and crafted items so I pledged a painting. I wanted to get started in plenty of time so had set aside this morning anyway but I got so into things that when I looked at the clock it was 5.30 pm :eek:

They are pleased with the result and it should fetch a few pennies for the pot. It's here if you'd like to have a look https://www.facebook.com/BeeGardenArt/photos/a.692970800776393.1073741832.663603263713147/1136179766455492/?type=3&notif_t=like&notif_id=1473871762850844

I did manage to get a bit of paperwork done and rustle up lunch and supper:
    So Mr F won't starve any time soon. Have to feed him up so he's got enough energy - we're off on a little adventure tomorrow ;)

Happy hump day all

Fortune x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I love love love the tulips.
    My favourite flowers.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Enjoy the adventuring.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Mr F and I did a tour of Leeds Castle yesterday on Segways :D It was such fun. They are surprisingly easy to operate once you get used to them. We were given vouchers for the experience by my god-daughter and her boyfriend -a thank you from when they stayed with us. We saw parts of the grounds we don't usually as they are quite a trek from the Castle and the weather was amazing. We enjoyed it so much we upgraded for a longer tour :o

We made it a date day and followed with a slap up lunch at a nearby pub. Delicious.

The fun budget has taken a bit of a hammering though.

Popped into the big town after to get Mr F a new pair of trainers and shopped around for new hedge and grass trimmers as Mr F has worn the existing ones out. Couldn't find what we wanted so ordered on-line when we got home and saved a little extra through TCB.

We were so full from lunch we didn't need supper but made do with leftover Apple & Blackberry Crumble :o

It was a lovely day and we intend to plan more date days like this. It will be important to ring fence some time together if Mr F takes this new job. Still no news on the package yet :(

The weather hasn't hit yet - it's due to arrive here at about 1.00 pm which is the exact time I'm taking a tour out :eek:

Hats and wellies on guys

Fortune x
  • Hope you didn't get too wet on the tour. I got drenched just getting small from car to my mums :eek: it was only about 5 metres. Loads of children getting soaked on the school run in the unexpected downpour.

They're dragging their heels with the offer aren't they. Hope it's because there are loads of elements and they are busy calculating them all up :rotfl:
  • Hope you didn't get too wet on the tour. I got drenched just getting small from car to my mums :eek: it was only about 5 metres. Loads of children getting soaked on the school run in the unexpected downpour.

They're dragging their heels with the offer aren't they. Hope it's because there are loads of elements and they are busy calculating them all up :rotfl:

Hi Purp

It did persist down but my tour were game and I have all the right gear so survived ok.

I wish they'd hurry up with the package - Mr F isn't a patient man :rotfl:

Fortune x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure